View Poll Results: Should The Obama debate Rush? Will he?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should; He will

    0 0%
  • He should; He will not

    36 40.00%
  • He should not; He will

    0 0%
  • He should not; He will not

    54 60.00%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 136

Thread: Should Obama debate Rush?

  1. #41
    Yuuuuge

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,064

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So... The Obama has no need to put his money where His mouth is -- for HIm to snipe from a distance and not back up what He says and believes is OK.
    Let's be honest here. The point of the "debate" would not be to beat Obama with facts. It would be to drag Obama down into the mud and exhaust and frustrate him with red herrings, distortions and rants.

  2. #42
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,004

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Let's be honest here. The point of the "debate" would not be to beat Obama with facts. It would be to drag Obama down into the mud and exhaust and frustrate him with red herrings, distortions and rants.

    yes indeed, that is what obama would try.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  3. #43
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Let's be honest here. The point of the "debate" would not be to beat Obama with facts....
    On the contrary -- that's exactly what it would be.
    And that's why The Obama doesnt want a thing to do with it.

  4. #44
    Yuuuuge

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,064

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    yes indeed, that is what obama would try.
    Excellent example. If you were offered to go on national television to debate someone who used the "I know you are but what am I" rebuttal you just used here, and you were in a position where you needed to appear dignified, would you bother?

  5. #45
    Yuuuuge

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,064

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    On the contrary -- that's exactly what it would be.
    And that's why The Obama doesnt want a thing to do with it.
    Hardly. We all hate internet trolls, but we secretly delight in when the troll's primary target is someone we don't like. And that's exactly why conservatives on this thread are creaming their pants at the idea of Rush getting into the ring with Obama.

    But it's going to have to remain a wet dream for you, sorry.

  6. #46
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Why would he do that when he couldn't even manage to let congress debate the stimulus package thoroughly?

    I don't like Rush, but Rush would tear him apart in a one on one. And also don't think the president or his administration should be getting into it with entertainers.
    I agree with you for the most part. Rush is a bore.

    If he is only an "entertainer" then Obama should be able to hold is own.

    I'd like to see Obama defend his politics using facts, something he hasn't done yet.

    This debate would be wonderful.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  7. #47
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,004

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Excellent example. If you were offered to go on national television to debate someone who used the "I know you are but what am I" rebuttal you just used here, and you were in a position where you needed to appear dignified, would you bother?


    Would I bother with you? Not even to have you wash my car.....


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  8. #48
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Hardly.
    If facts are on The Obama's side, as you seem to think, why would He NOT want to debate the man He described as the leader of the opposition?

    What better way to show everyone that His vision is what will save us?

    Or, perhaps, He was merely behaving in the manner an internet troll, spewing out basesless poo, all while lacking the capacity and the fortitude to back it up.

  9. #49
    Yuuuuge

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,064

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If facts are on The Obama's side, as you seem to think, why would He NOT want to debate the man He described as the leader of the opposition?
    Facts have nothing to do with it. Get over it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Or, perhaps, He was merely behaving in the manner an internet troll, spewing out basesless poo, all while lacking the capacity and the fortitude to back it up.
    The troll works best against someone who needs to appear dignified, as certainly the president would need to be. Rush, being the troll, needs to be as outrageous as possible to garner the ratings. And his conservative listeners would eat it right up. I've noticed that the difference between radical conservatives and radical liberals is the conservatives really don't care who's saying the message so long as it's directed against someone they disagree with. If this were equally true of radical liberals, liberal radio stations wouldn't keep failing over and over and over again. As NCFY said, liberals don't particularly like to have their opinions shouted at them.

    If there actually were a debate between the two, radical conservatives would be much less interested in Rush being proven right, and much more in Obama looking frustrated.

  10. #50
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Facts have nothing to do with it.
    You say that only because you know that The Obama knows that the facts will crush him.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •