View Poll Results: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 63.64%
  • No

    8 36.36%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 86

Thread: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

  1. #41
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,686
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I would love to see a more moderate wing of our party. I would actually love for both parties to marginalize their extreme wings and remove them from the equation altogether.
    If you want to rid extreme wings, does it mean you would dump Obama in a heart beat?

    If "No" is your answer, then you are blowing smoke, as we are experiencing the most radical president to enter the Oval Office.

    His actions reveal he is acting on his Marxist upbringing.
    He is making Marx smile.

    ...

    JFK would be a conservative today.

    With that as a reference point, the existing Democrat Party is polluted with radicals. The entire leadership is off the charts.

    So what you and the C'apn C want is socialist policy.
    McCain was for it and any Lib is for it.

    Conservatives believe we gave enough already.
    It's time to return to what worked best.
    Limited government.
    Strong where it should be strong and weak where it should be weak.

    Right now we have the opposite, and an ever increasing role of government into our lives and industry.
    I AM DEPLORABLE.

    NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)


  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,738

    Re: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    If you want to rid extreme wings, does it mean you would dump Obama in a heart beat?

    If "No" is your answer, then you are blowing smoke, as we are experiencing the most radical president to enter the Oval Office.

    His actions reveal he is acting on his Marxist upbringing.
    He is making Marx smile.

    ...

    JFK would be a conservative today.

    With that as a reference point, the existing Democrat Party is polluted with radicals. The entire leadership is off the charts.

    So what you and the C'apn C want is socialist policy.
    McCain was for it and any Lib is for it.

    Conservatives believe we gave enough already.
    It's time to return to what worked best.
    Limited government.
    Strong where it should be strong and weak where it should be weak.

    Right now we have the opposite, and an ever increasing role of government into our lives and industry.
    You still don't understand what socialism means. And you still don't recognize yourself as an uncompromising hyperpartisan extreme conservative...which you are, as evidenced by your inability to see anything past your narrow view. That's fine. But understand that is folks like you that have ruined your party and chased away moderates and pushed those who could support you further and further away. This is also why those with your position have no hope of garnering much power.

    Oh, and when was the last time we had real limited government? Coolidge? Worst President we had in the 20th Century. His economic policies helped usher in the Great Depression. Policies on either far end of the scale will fail, left or right. But an extremist on either side, cannot see that.

    You do realize that it was your type of extremism that put someone like Obama in office? Keep pushing, and others push back.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #43
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,686
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You still don't understand what socialism means. And you still don't recognize yourself as an uncompromising hyperpartisan extreme conservative...which you are, as evidenced by your inability to see anything past your narrow view. That's fine. But understand that is folks like you that have ruined your party and chased away moderates and pushed those who could support you further and further away. This is also why those with your position have no hope of garnering much power.

    Oh, and when was the last time we had real limited government? Coolidge? Worst President we had in the 20th Century. His economic policies helped usher in the Great Depression. Policies on either far end of the scale will fail, left or right. But an extremist on either side, cannot see that.

    You do realize that it was your type of extremism that put someone like Obama in office? Keep pushing, and others push back.
    Would you rid Obama and Biden from the scene?
    Two of the furthest left hacks in the Senate?
    Do I have to beg you to answer this or are you going to duck this simple question?

    I know socialism full well.

    I am a partisan. I have admitted it. Would never deny it.
    I opposed Bush's spending, illegal immigration stance.
    I oppose McCain's environmental stance, global warming stance.

    A few factors got Obama elected.

    His skin color. I will defer to Geraldine Ferraro and Bill Clinton as to why.
    McCain was too similar on some issues and would not go after his tragic character flaws. McCain blew a simple task.
    Obama was never pressed, but defended. How do you explain Joe the Plumber?
    White guilt/Historic moment.

    Obama is so flawed and weak it is amazing he got out of Illinois. But he's a cold calculating politician that learned his Alinsky lessons well. Alinsky's son praised Obama for flawlessly executing his Pop's strategies.

    He looks nice, is clean, articulate (with a teleprompter), and well... that's about all it takes to win the Democrat nomination.

    Nevermind he is a hard core leftist that had to hide and denounce most of his associations with leftist radicals. Ayers, Wright, Michelle, Blago, Johnston, Khalidi... just to tip a hat to some of his clan.
    I AM DEPLORABLE.

    NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)


  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    2 Words : Compassionate Conservative. COMPLETELY disprove your claim.
    Am I supposed to have any idea what you're talking about?

  5. #45
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    I feel the question is fairly self explanatory. Should the Republican Party have a moderate wing in it? And why or why not?

    Edit: I'm mostly curious to hear what posters who identify as Republicans have to say. Obviously, Democrats for example have much less say and much less stake.



    They are a moderate wing right now..... McCain anyone?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  6. #46
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 07:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Spoken like a true lib.

    ...Conservatives have the best chance at winning elections.
    ...In the North East we need conservatives to go out there and rip the democrats. Take them on. Not sound like them......Obama, Biden, ObamaRhama, Holder, The Clintons, Turbin, sKerry, Schumer, Reid, Kennedy... for starters...They all spew verbal diarrhea.H
    As a registered Democrat, my post expressed a desire to see a Republican party that acts as an honorable competitor. Your reaction is to insult, then become bellicose. Conservatives seem dedicated to advance their ideology using bullying techniques and scorched earth policy. You will find that Democrats are not as passive as you might believe. If you insist on your destructive tactics, we will dog you to the end, then put a stake in your heart to make sure you are dead.

  7. #47
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    09-12-16 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,513

    Re: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

    I agree with Jallman and the Courteous Captain, kick the extremists out...

    OR....

    Moderates from both parties should leave the DEM and the GOP, and form a third party, of Moderates...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #48
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 07:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Open your eyes people. The R's and D's are 2 sides of the same coin.
    Duh....would you want the country to be thrown back and forth between parties of extreme ideology? Regardless the beliefs of its political parties, the course of America must be steady, predictable and honorable.

  9. #49
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,694

    Re: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Duh....would you want the country to be thrown back and forth between parties of extreme ideology? Regardless the beliefs of its political parties, the course of America must be steady, predictable and honorable.
    No that would be ridicules.

    I want to vote for a candidate I can believe in. I and many others are sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. We are sick and tired of the bulls*** candidates given to us by our selective party's.

    PS The course of America must be guided by the Constitution, no matter what party is in control.

    Our partys seem to not really care about the Constitution. One thinks it is just an annoyance to be changed on a whim while the other just ignores it.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 03-05-09 at 09:16 AM.


    No Lives Matter

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should The GOP Have A Moderate Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    If you want to rid extreme wings, does it mean you would dump Obama in a heart beat?

    If "No" is your answer, then you are blowing smoke, as we are experiencing the most radical president to enter the Oval Office.

    His actions reveal he is acting on his Marxist upbringing.
    He is making Marx smile.

    ...

    JFK would be a conservative today.

    With that as a reference point, the existing Democrat Party is polluted with radicals. The entire leadership is off the charts.

    So what you and the C'apn C want is socialist policy.
    McCain was for it and any Lib is for it.

    Conservatives believe we gave enough already.
    It's time to return to what worked best.
    Limited government.
    Strong where it should be strong and weak where it should be weak.

    Right now we have the opposite, and an ever increasing role of government into our lives and industry.
    You have no idea what socialist actually means.

    And you are barking up the wrong tree here, pal. I did not support Obama through the elections and I only grudgingly give him the respect he deserves as president now out of civic obligation to support our commander in chief.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •