View Poll Results: Did The Bush or his Press Secretaries single out opposing journalists

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Bush did this too.

    11 55.00%
  • No. This is unique to Obama (though The Clintons singled out Rush as a racist)

    9 45.00%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 97

Thread: Do you remember President Bush or his Press Secretaries singling out...

  1. #41
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,686

    Re: Do you remember President Bush or his Press Secretaries singling out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    But do you not think the president looks foolish signling out entertainers?
    I know you asked hobo this question, but I'll offer my thoughts anyway.

    I think he mostly looks foolish to his detractors at this point. Yes, people on the left may think so too, but it's not a deal breaker for them. Really, we'll have to see how things play out. We are a results oriented society so we will have to see what the results of this action are. History will be the ultimate judge on this one. It's either political genius or foolishness. The results determine the line between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Do you remember President Bush or his Press Secretaries singling out...

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Why wasn't the prosecutor able to hold anyone accountable?

    Are you saying that Bush's underlings invoked executive priveledge when he inquired about the outing?
    President Bush said, "if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of"

    So who violated the law regarding outing Valerie Plame? Nobody was found guilty of any crime.

  3. #43
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Do you remember President Bush or his Press Secretaries singling out...

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I know you asked hobo this question, but I'll offer my thoughts anyway.

    I think he mostly looks foolish to his detractors at this point. Yes, people on the left may think so too, but it's not a deal breaker for them. Really, we'll have to see how things play out. We are a results oriented society so we will have to see what the results of this action are. History will be the ultimate judge on this one. It's either political genius or foolishness. The results determine the line between the two.




    Yeah take it a little further though. Do you think it is going to get better now, or worse before it gets better?


    Obama, has elevated Rush to almost an equal.... Why is the president of the US doing this? It is absurd....


    You must admit, seeing will's goof of a youtube, Bush handled the dixie chicks like a president, Obama handled Rush like an amateur....


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  4. #44
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,686

    Re: Do you remember President Bush or his Press Secretaries singling out...

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    President Bush said, "if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of"

    So who violated the law regarding outing Valerie Plame? Nobody was found guilty of any crime.
    Why wasn't anyone found guilty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  5. #45
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,686

    Re: Do you remember President Bush or his Press Secretaries singling out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Yeah take it a little further though. Do you think it is going to get better now, or worse before it gets better?


    Obama, has elevated Rush to almost an equal.... Why is the president of the US doing this? It is absurd....


    You must admit, seeing will's goof of a youtube, Bush handled the dixie chicks like a president, Obama handled Rush like an amateur....
    I don't think he has elevated Rush to an equal. To believe this means that Presidents can only comment on other leaders of nations.

    How long have conservatives been crying about the liberal media? Bush called them the "media filter". I consider this to be along those lines.

    Rush could dispell the myth that he is the defacto leader of the GOP by naming who really is. Why hasn't he done this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Do you remember President Bush or his Press Secretaries singling out...

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Why wasn't anyone found guilty?
    Richard Armatage told the prosecutor the very first day of the investigation that he was the one who outed Valerie Plame, but inadvertently. It all gets very complicated after that but obviously the prosecutor didn't think he had a case against anybody. That's why people were so upset about Libby being convicted of something that had nothing to do with outing Plame.

  7. #47
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,686

    Re: Do you remember President Bush or his Press Secretaries singling out...

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Richard Armatage told the prosecutor the very first day of the investigation that he was the one who outed Valerie Plame, but inadvertently. It all gets very complicated after that but obviously the prosecutor didn't think he had a case against anybody. That's why people were so upset about Libby being convicted of something that had nothing to do with outing Plame.
    Why did Libby lie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  8. #48
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,686
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Do you remember President Bush or his Press Secretaries singling out...

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I don't think he has elevated Rush to an equal. To believe this means that Presidents can only comment on other leaders of nations.

    How long have conservatives been crying about the liberal media? Bush called them the "media filter". I consider this to be along those lines.

    Rush could dispell the myth that he is the defacto leader of the GOP by naming who really is. Why hasn't he done this?
    I reject the premise.
    We are talking about singling out individuals.

    TILT
    Insert coin for new game.

    President Obama's Chief of Staff is colluding with members of the media to elevate Rush.

    I could understand your point if it was some Senator or House Member.
    His right hand man?

    Insert coin for new game.
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-05-09 at 09:40 AM.
    I AM DEPLORABLE.

    NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)


  9. #49
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Do you remember President Bush or his Press Secretaries singling out...

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I don't think he has elevated Rush to an equal. To believe this means that Presidents can only comment on other leaders of nations.

    Well he sure elevated him into relevance....



    How long have conservatives been crying about the liberal media? Bush called them the "media filter". I consider this to be along those lines.




    Rush could dispell the myth that he is the defacto leader of the GOP by naming who really is. Why hasn't he done this?


    He has says so, but you would have to listen to him, not third party left wing hacks to know that.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  10. #50
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,686

    Re: Do you remember President Bush or his Press Secretaries singling out...

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I reject the premise.
    We are talking about singling out individuals.

    TILT
    Insert coin for new game.
    That's a nice nuance. Generalizations are okay, specifics aren't huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •