View Poll Results: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout the Presidency?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    9 37.50%
  • No, because...

    4 16.67%
  • Other and here's why.

    1 4.17%
  • Are you kidding? Of course he was.

    10 41.67%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 130

Thread: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

  1. #61
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,686
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    I heard and recorded that response to a caller. Here is a paraphrased transcript of what Rush said he opposed of the Bush Administration:

    Rush led the fight against illegal aliens, opposed Medicare, opposed spending, he came to the aid of Republicans who were against the spending, he opposed the idea that we were more friendly with our enemies than our friends, he opposed steel tariffs, campaign finance reform, the education bill and the TARP bailout bill.

    You nailed it, Rev.
    LOL.Here is a transcript and link... LMFAO

    RUSH: You called up with a false premise that I have blanketly agreed with George W. Bush, therefore how can I possibly debate Obama? I'm answering your silly question. I opposed the new Medicare entitlement. Republicans don't do entitlements. I cringed at some of the spending the Bush administration was doing. I came to the defense of Republicans in the House who were hornswoggled by all this because they dare not oppose their own president for the sake of party unity. I opposed the "new tone," Steve. I opposed from the outset the idea that the Bush administration was more friendly with its enemies than with its friends. I opposed steel tariffs. I opposed campaign finance reform. I opposed the education bill -- and that bailout didn't go well down here. I wasn't in support of that bailout, the TARP money. So nice try. That's why I say nice try. You need to expand your horizons on who I am, beyond some of these cheap little propaganda sites disguised as news sites. Who's next on this program? Rob in Binghamton in New York. Nice to have you on the EIB Network, sir. Hello.
    Scared Liberals Flood Phone Lines


    Rev,

    50 bucks this isn't good enough?
    I AM DEPLORABLE.

    NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)


  2. #62
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,018

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    LOL.Here is a transcript and link... LMFAO



    Scared Liberals Flood Phone Lines

    nice, i missed that.....


    So lerxst, once again you have egg on your face, will you be apologizing again for calling me a liar again or will you some how deny this link as well?


    OWNED!!!!!







    Rev,

    50 bucks this isn't good enough?
    What you mean brother, 50 BUCKS?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  3. #63
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,686
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Cool, when? Can you show me where he was critical of Bush? Sorry if I don't find you to be a credible source.
    Do you believe it now?
    Does it change your mind at all?

    Does it make you curious now?
    Challenge your believe about Rush and open the possibility of listening to him to find out what is what?

    Or do you Lerxst left?
    I AM DEPLORABLE.

    NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)


  4. #64
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 11:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    LOL.Here is a transcript and link... LMFAO



    Scared Liberals Flood Phone Lines


    Rev,

    50 bucks this isn't good enough?
    I think Lerxst was the caller.

    OBL 11/24/02

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Wasn't it Rush who brought the approval rating among conservatives of Bush down? Immigration?

    If Rush had always supported Bush as suggested Bush would not have left office with a 30% approval rating.

    The democrats like to say 20% but it was not. Gallop and Fox reported 34% approval.

  6. #66
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I don't believe you. If he did this, it should be easily proved. Rush says he did it, let's see the evidence he actually did it. That's all I ask.
    At this point you're covring your ears and screaming "I CAN'T HEAR YOU" as loud as you can.

  7. #67
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    At this point you're covring your ears and screaming "I CAN'T HEAR YOU" as loud as you can.
    Nope, I just want him to provide some proof. I don't find the Reverend to be an honest debater and I don't find Rush to be honest either. Too much injection of of hyperbole, vitriol, and opinion as fact on both their parts.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  8. #68
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,018

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Nope, I just want him to provide some proof. I don't find the Reverend to be an honest debater and I don't find Rush to be honest either. Too much injection of of hyperbole, vitriol, and opinion as fact on both their parts.




    Right, cause everytime you cackle that I am a liar, I make you look silly.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  9. #69
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Wow....let's examine.

    • The argument was whether or not Rush was a supporter throughout the W. Bush Presidency or critical on several issues.
    • Reverend Hellhounds right wing gang has claimed he was critical of George W. Bush on numerous issues during the Presidency.
    • I have claimed he was not critical of W. and asked for proof to substantiate the claim the Reverend was making.
    • What was presented as evidence was debunked. Nothing in what was posted showed Rush criticizing George W. Bush, not one time. I proved this by examining the links and then asking for the Reverend to go back to his source and show me where any of this was in text. He refused. Two of the links weren't even to actual articles but search result pages (none of the results of which backed up his claim), showing that the Reverend clearly did not even read his own sources.
    • Now we have the entire group rallying around a post-W. presidency phone call in which Rush I didn't support Bush on many issues.
    • Again, if this is true...there should be some reference as to when it happened and what the extent of the criticsim was. Rush is not a credible source because he has motive to distance himself from Bush. Besides, Rush saying he didn't support Bush throughout (which is bogus and the poll shows that the overwhelming majority here believe otherwise)
    • So, if Rush did this on so many issues it should at least have made some mention on the internet. What we have is Rush trying to elevate his celebrity status and influence in the GOP (which I'm cool with) and trying to do damage control regarding his ardent support of the guy whom the party turned it's back on. Rush saying "I went after the President" in the heat of 2009 promotional campaign doesn't amount to evidence that he actually went after Bush during his Presidency.


    You guys can try again. When the evidence is there, present it. Until then, I'll let you all continue your round robin defense of the indefensible. No begin your pompous chortling and backslapping and tell yourself it'll be okay.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  10. #70
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,018

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Wow....let's examine.

    • The argument was whether or not Rush was a supporter throughout the W. Bush Presidency or critical on several issues.
    • Reverend Hellhounds right wing gang has claimed he was critical of George W. Bush on numerous issues during the Presidency.
    • I have claimed he was not critical of W. and asked for proof to substantiate the claim the Reverend was making.
    • What was presented as evidence was debunked. Nothing in what was posted showed Rush criticizing George W. Bush, not one time. I proved this by examining the links and then asking for the Reverend to go back to his source and show me where any of this was in text. He refused. Two of the links weren't even to actual articles but search result pages (none of the results of which backed up his claim), showing that the Reverend clearly did not even read his own sources.
    • Now we have the entire group rallying around a post-W. presidency phone call in which Rush I didn't support Bush on many issues.
    • Again, if this is true...there should be some reference as to when it happened and what the extent of the criticsim was. Rush is not a credible source because he has motive to distance himself from Bush. Besides, Rush saying he didn't support Bush throughout (which is bogus and the poll shows that the overwhelming majority here believe otherwise)
    • So, if Rush did this on so many issues it should at least have made some mention on the internet. What we have is Rush trying to elevate his celebrity status and influence in the GOP (which I'm cool with) and trying to do damage control regarding his ardent support of the guy whom the party turned it's back on. Rush saying "I went after the President" in the heat of 2009 promotional campaign doesn't amount to evidence that he actually went after Bush during his Presidency.


    You guys can try again. When the evidence is there, present it. Until then, I'll let you all continue your round robin defense of the indefensible. No begin your pompous chortling and backslapping and tell yourself it'll be okay.



    Scared Liberals Flood Phone Lines


    You fail on so many levels it is rather pathetic now. This call was yesterday. So what.


    IT IS RUSH IN HIS OWN WORDS!!!


    You are wrong. And you can't even see that "Nuh, Uh" aint gonna save you here.


    If you are claiming he is a liar now, the ONUS IS ON YOU as we have provided the evidence.

    You infered I was a liar over it. I proved I was not lying. The honorable thing for you to do is once again, apologize....
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-05-09 at 10:16 AM.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •