View Poll Results: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout the Presidency?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    9 37.50%
  • No, because...

    4 16.67%
  • Other and here's why.

    1 4.17%
  • Are you kidding? Of course he was.

    10 41.67%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 130

Thread: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

  1. #51
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,996

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Hey Lerxst. Turn on Rush now.

    He jus listed ecverything he went DIRECTLY against bush on.


    Medicare
    Immigration
    Spending
    Defense of republicans in house who dare critisize Bush
    New tone
    Steel tarrifs
    Campaign finance
    Education bill
    Tarp
    Among others.



    He just went off on a caller, who like you, have no clue as to what you are talking about.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  2. #52
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,686
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    In general, Rush supported Bush throughout the presidency.

    That does not mean he was a mindless drone that never spoke up.

    He did disagree with Bush pointedly on Immigration. He routinely would bring up perscription drug as a point where he disagreed with the President and his administration. He disagreed with how he handled NCLB. And towards the end he even pointed out that in general Bush was not a rock ribbed conservative.

    Did he disagree with him or attack his positions as venomously as he did Democrats? No. Is that a surprise? No. Look on this website. In general, find a liberal or conservative that is as venomous against someone in their party that does something they disagree with and someone in the other party. Save for a select few like Dana you won't find it.

    Screaming "Prove it" however is a rather weak defense on this when you're talking about a show on 200+ days a year, for 3 hours a day, for 8 years of this presidency. All of Rush's transcripts are not easily accessed by the public. Idiotic partisan people who parade that they're non-partisan like Media Matters only documents things (generally misquoted or out of context) that Rush says that they don't like, not things they agree with like condemnations of the President for the most part.

    Did Rush support the Bush Presidency? Yes.

    Did he agree with everything Bush did? No.

    Did he feel that Bush was an ideal conservative? No.
    On the money.

    Rush was also opposed to entitlement spending and all other spending outside of defense.

    Rush loved Rummy and Cheney.

    Bush for most of his term was fighting a war on three fronts. Iraq, Afghanistan and in the US. The Democrats were saying and doing outrageous things while we had forces overseas fighting.

    Rush spent his time fighting for these troops and our mission.
    I AM DEPLORABLE.

    NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)


  3. #53
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Hey Lerxst. Turn on Rush now.

    He jus listed ecverything he went DIRECTLY against bush on.


    Medicare
    Immigration
    Spending
    Defense of republicans in house who dare critisize Bush
    New tone
    Steel tarrifs
    Campaign finance
    Education bill
    Tarp
    Among others.



    He just went off on a caller, who like you, have no clue as to what you are talking about.
    I don't believe you. If he did this, it should be easily proved. Rush says he did it, let's see the evidence he actually did it. That's all I ask.

    Me trusting you with presenting actual evidence is like me trusting you with anything else. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  4. #54
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Seems to me that Rush was critical of Bush's lack of a border policy, campaign finance reform stance, and on the bailout.
    Cool, when? Can you show me where he was critical of Bush? Sorry if I don't find you to be a credible source.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  5. #55
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,996

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I don't believe you. If he did this, it should be easily proved. Rush says he did it, let's see the evidence he actually did it. That's all I ask.

    Me trusting you with presenting actual evidence is like me trusting you with anything else. I'll believe it when I see it.


    go to rushlimbaugh.com click rush 24/7 then dl the transcript it will cost ya or search the forums here, several of us who actually listen to him heard it. and commented on it...


    zimmer, bk, and several others as well....


    On anther note, I don't give a **** what you believe, I'd have to respect you to care. You can stick your fingers in your ears and go "Nuh uh" all you want. I'l just smile and laugh at you.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-05-09 at 07:18 AM.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  6. #56
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,996

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Other. Rush harped on Bush when it suited his wallet and praised him when it did the same.

    Remember, Rush is it in, like most Pundits, for the money.




    Hey look Lerxst, even your boy OC knows that he critisized Bush......



    Give it up, Lerxst, you are wrong.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  7. #57
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,686
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I don't believe you. If he did this, it should be easily proved. Rush says he did it, let's see the evidence he actually did it. That's all I ask.

    Me trusting you with presenting actual evidence is like me trusting you with anything else. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Believe it.
    Rush has no qualms stating what he opposed any Republican on.
    Never has.
    Ever.
    Not one time.


    He takes on the republicans when they do not follow Conservatism.
    He did it to Bush 41.

    If I remember correctly he didn't have Bush 41 on his show for a long time during his run against Clinton because he was pissed Bush's Read My Lips was the first step in undoing Reagnomics... and not only done by any Republican but by Reagan's VP.

    Rush is a Big C Conservative first.
    Republicans are the vehicle to push it through.
    Nothing more.

    He actually gets more pissed at his own party when they drift left.
    He is consistent... not to do it would compromise his Conservative Principles.

    He believes we should not compromise our principles.
    Let us educate the others and bring them into our camp.
    Don't water down the Grundstein that anchors our greatness.
    Defend it, explain it, embrace it.

    With that as his foundation he has to take on all republicans that drift.
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-05-09 at 07:42 AM.
    I AM DEPLORABLE.

    NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)


  8. #58
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,996

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Just to clarify, Zimmer, you heard what I heard yesterday.

    He had a caller who said he was an uncompromising Bush supporter like lerxst claims, Rush then listed the things he opposed Bush directly on, and my list encompasses most of them.


    thanks.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  9. #59
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,686
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Just to clarify, Zimmer, you heard what I heard yesterday.

    He had a caller who said he was an uncompromising Bush supporter like lerxst claims, Rush then listed the things he opposed Bush directly on, and my list encompasses most of them.


    thanks.
    Yes, I confess.
    I listened in opposition to Obama's direct orders.
    It did happen as the Good Rev. noted.

    I feel so ashamed.
    Is there a Liberal Suicide Hotline I can call for assistance.
    I'm sure they have them for those who exposed themselves to Rush.
    Anyone... a number...???
    Please.
    I AM DEPLORABLE.

    NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)


  10. #60
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 11:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Hey Lerxst. Turn on Rush now.

    He jus listed ecverything he went DIRECTLY against bush on.


    Medicare
    Immigration
    Spending
    Defense of republicans in house who dare critisize Bush
    New tone
    Steel tarrifs
    Campaign finance
    Education bill
    Tarp
    Among others.



    He just went off on a caller, who like you, have no clue as to what you are talking about.
    I heard and recorded that response to a caller. Here is a paraphrased transcript of what Rush said he opposed of the Bush Administration:

    Rush led the fight against illegal aliens, opposed Medicare, opposed spending, he came to the aid of Republicans who were against the spending, he opposed the idea that we were more friendly with our enemies than our friends, he opposed steel tariffs, campaign finance reform, the education bill and the TARP bailout bill.

    You nailed it, Rev.

    OBL 11/24/02

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •