View Poll Results: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout the Presidency?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    9 37.50%
  • No, because...

    4 16.67%
  • Other and here's why.

    1 4.17%
  • Are you kidding? Of course he was.

    10 41.67%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 130

Thread: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

  1. #31
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I don't recall Rush using his talk show as a regular platform to voice his disagreement with Bush.
    I dont believe that was the standard set here.

    Did Limbaugh support Bush. Yes.
    Did he support anything and everything Bush did? No.
    Did he disagree with and oppose some actions of the Administration? Yes.

    So what?

  2. #32
    Tavern Bartender
    #neverhillary
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,027

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    He agreed with Bush on almost everything, the only difference I can see is he disagreed on how to achieve those goals.
    Wrong, he did not agree with Bush about all the spending, like letting that drunk from Massachussetts write the education bill, among others.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)

  3. #33
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No you made an excuse to dismiss it.
    Okay, so when I debunk your evidence it's just an excuse. Very classy.

    I did? Where?
    Seriously, are you going to do this? You did it right here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    different argument...


    will said "Rush was a huge fan of Bush for all that time"


    He critisized Bush on numerous issues and highly critical at the end over the bailout therefore "all that time" is highly innaccurate.
    He was on the bailouts. But you would have to listen to him to know that, or you can post where he supported them.....
    No, the burden is on you to prove he was critical of BUSH. That is what you said. I don't have to prove your argument, that is your job. Thus far you have failed miserably.

    But anyway, are you saying you moved the goal post here? I answered will's question, that you quoted.
    Lol...okay so you are just going to forget the major flaw in your argument I found and subsequently deconstructed. Yeah Reverend, that thread didn't happen.

    Not my argument, never was.
    Yes, indeed it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend HellHound
    He critisized Bush on numerous issues and highly critical at the end over the bailout therefore "all that time" is highly innaccurate.
    Your response to will's contention that Rush was not a fan of Bush throughout the Presidency. So yes, you did take the position that there was a time when Rush was not a fan of Bush.

    Not my argument, never was except to say he was indeed critical on him on several (I noted 4) issues.
    Lol...holy hell man! It was ABSOLUTELY your argument. Was my post confusing to you here? I'll give you a do-over if you want me to explain and then allow you a new response.

    Not my argument, never was.
    Yes it was. Will said Rush was a fan throughout the Presidency, you said that highly inaccurate. For that to be inaccurate there would have to be a time Rush wasn't a fan of Bush. This is not hard. You're losing badly here. Stop the bleeding and just quit now.

    Bush was an open borders type, rush is not, Discernable

    Bush calling loud mouthed libs "patriotic" Rush said the opposite. Discernable.
    So are you saying now that Rush was not a fan of Bush during these times? Because that is what we were discussing. Based upon the information you have posted he certainly wasn't directly critical of Bush on those issues. Why don't you clarify this for me.


    And you can keep sticking your fingers in your rabin hyper-partisan ears and shout out how I had no evidence all day long.
    I don't have to shout, all I have to do is type. Do you really think you are doing all that well here?

    Don't worry, the links will stay hot.
    That's more an issue you need to be concerned with as they don't help you out.

    I proved my point, and dismissed your strawmen.


    Yeah, technically Reverend, you build your own straw men. Seriously, you just beat yourself in this thread.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  4. #34
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    yeah man, I am doing fine. Your strawmen are irrellevant and I won't argue points I never made.

    I posted links, evidence and made my position. You have done so such thing.


    Your arguments can be summed up thusly:

    "Nuh, Uh"


    Sorry if I require more. Perhaps you should try arguing with Zyphlin now, his post is the same points I tried to convey.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1057945355-post10.html

    This is and has always been my exact argument. I hope this clarifies things for you.


    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-03-09 at 11:21 AM.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  5. #35
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I dont believe that was the standard set here.

    Did Limbaugh support Bush. Yes.
    Did he support anything and everything Bush did? No.
    Did he disagree with and oppose some actions of the Administration? Yes.

    So what?
    It wasn't. Why would you think that was the case? Because I made a comment? Did I indicate anywhere that I made this "the standard?"

    No, I didn't.

    If Rush supported Bush 95% of the time, there is no way you can label him a critic of Bush. That is kind of the point behind my comment. Reverend clearly stated that Rush was critical and highly critical of Bush on several issues. That was simply not the case as there is not nearly enough evidence to support his general statement.

    The conversation within this thread is obviously branching a bit, so not all comments will apply directly to the OP but get into the digestion of sub arguments. One of which is reasonably determining whether or not Rush was an actual critic of Bush. He was not.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  6. #36
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    It wasn't. Why would you think that was the case? Because I made a comment? Did I indicate anywhere that I made this "the standard?"

    No, I didn't.

    If Rush supported Bush 95% of the time, there is no way you can label him a critic of Bush. That is kind of the point behind my comment. Reverend clearly stated that Rush was critical and highly critical of Bush on several issues. That was simply not the case as there is not nearly enough evidence to support his general statement.

    The conversation within this thread is obviously branching a bit, so not all comments will apply directly to the OP but get into the digestion of sub arguments. One of which is reasonably determining whether or not Rush was an actual critic of Bush. He was not.
    Again, I ask:
    So what?

  7. #37
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    yeah man, I am doing fine. Your strawmen are irrellevant and I won't argue points I never made.

    I posted links, evidence and made my position. You have done so such thing.


    Your arguments can be summed up thusly:

    "Nuh, Uh"


    Sorry if I require more. Perhaps you should try arguing with Zyphlin now, his posts are the same points I tried to convey.


    No, Zyphs points are not the same points you tried to make. Don't try to deflect attention from you and don't try to adopt his argument as your own.

    If you wanna walk away, that's fine. It's probably best at this point. But I want you to think about what happened here, and figure out a way to not let it repeat. I would start with some simple suggestions:
    • Don't make arguments and then say you didn't make the argument. Your posts here remain for the most part indefinitley.
    • Don't post links that don't back you up. When you do this it doesn't help you. Screaming that they support you when there is no text in the posts that actually support you is self-defeating.
    • Don't summarize your opponent by "nuh uh" when your own arguments are based around repeatedly reinforcing points that have already been debunked.
    • When your opponent breaks your argument down piece by piece, don't avoid his posts. Counter them with good information and facts. You don't get a pass because you say "well I already showed you evidence", especially when that evidence isn't evidence at all.


    I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 03-03-09 at 11:31 AM.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  8. #38
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Again, I ask:
    So what?
    Well you have kind of answered your own question haven't you Goobieman? Are you trying to make a point here? If so, try harder. I'll listen.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  9. #39
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, Zyphs posts are not the same you points tried to make. Don't try to deflect attention from you and don't try to adopt his argument as your own.

    Please quote me where I posted ANYTHING that disagrees with what zyph posted. Link it to.

    His are my exact points, Not the points you attributed to me that I did not make. Sorry.... FAIL


    If you wanna walk away, that's fine. It's probably best at this point. But I want you to think about what happened here, and figure out a way to not let it repeat. I would start with some simple suggestions:
    • Don't make arguments and then say you didn't make the argument. Your posts here remain for the most part indefinitley.
    • Don't post links that don't back you up. When you do this it doesn't help you. Screaming that they support you when there is no text in the posts that actually support you is self-defeating.
    • Don't summarize your opponent by "nuh uh" when your own arguments are based around repeatedly reinforcing points that have already been debunked.
    • When your opponent breaks your argument down piece by piece, don't avoid his posts. Counter them with good information and facts. You don't get a pass because you say "well I already showed you evidence", especially when that evidence isn't evidence at all.


    I hope this helps.


    thanks for the FAIL advice lerxst, I am sure I will try to "debate" like you from now on.... Make up points you never made, ignore and dismiss links and claim you provided NO evidence....


    "Nuh, UH" sure seems like a sure fire way to win an argument.




    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  10. #40
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Well you have kind of answered your own question haven't you Goobieman?
    Um... No. YOU created the poll.
    Are you trying to make a point here, or not?
    If so... what?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •