View Poll Results: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout the Presidency?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    9 37.50%
  • No, because...

    4 16.67%
  • Other and here's why.

    1 4.17%
  • Are you kidding? Of course he was.

    10 41.67%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 130

Thread: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

  1. #21
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,004

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Thats it?


    Yes, because I have shown Lerxst and you to be wrong. I really did think it needed to expound.


    Please see my edit, and let me know if you want to discuss. Thanks


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  2. #22
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, if you want to split hairs and claim I provided no proof, there is not much for us to discuss.
    Well there is plenty to discuss, you just seem to be unable to prove your point...the one you originally tried to make. Not the new diluted argument you have made.

    Now. Show me where Rush agreed with bush on any of those 4 things.
    Why would I need to do that, that wasn't the argument we were having. That was the argument you were having all by yourself. Not agreeing is not the same as being critical or highly critical. You should just give it up, you've lost.

    I mean if he was lock step with Rush as you seem to be saying. This should be easy.
    Well when that becomes my argument Rev, I'll concede the point in advance. But until then I suggest you look in the mirror when mouthing those words because they don't really mean anything here.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  3. #23
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 02:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    In general, Rush supported Bush throughout the presidency.
    that answers the question, thanks. but the rest of your post, ... whew.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That does not mean he was a mindless drone that never spoke up.
    who claimed that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Did he disagree with him or attack his positions as venomously as he did Democrats?
    no one asked this question, either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Screaming "Prove it" however is a rather weak defense on this when you're talking about a show on 200+ days a year, for 3 hours a day, for 8 years of this presidency.
    asking for evidence in a debate is to be expected, it's not weak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Idiotic
    Idiotic? how?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    ...partisan people who parade that they're non-partisan...
    actually they don't. read the "about us" portion of their website.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    ...like Media Matters only documents things (generally misquoted or out of context) that Rush says that they don't like, not things they agree with like condemnations of the President for the most part.
    name something of Rush that was misquoted by media matters. name something of Rush out of context. a "condemnation of the president" isn't an example of something that isn't true, it's a mere opinion. so why would media matters list that? maybe if Rush condemned him for something that wasn't true. did he?

    besides, what does media matters have to do anything? since you won't find examples to support your statements, you can just tell us that you brought up the non sequitor, and rambled on and on, for nothing.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  4. #24
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,004

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Go see my edit Lerxst. Thanks


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  5. #25
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No it's not Reverend. I've already shown you why in the other thread. The only reference in that article was a warning to the administration to get it right. That's not a criticism. It's a warning.

    Anyway as usual you are wrong...
    Not yet I'm not, and certainly not "as usual."

    The argument made, that I addressed was:

    ""Rush was a huge fan of Bush for all that time"


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1057943744
    Yep, that started it. And then when I challenged you on that you went on the whole "he was critical, highly critical of Bush" tangent. That is what I zeroed in on. That is what I asked you to prove. That is what you have failed to prove.

    I proved this wrong.
    How did you do that? Did Rush ever signal that he was no longer a "fan" of Bush? He didn't agree with him on a few points. That doesn't mean he was critical of Bush or he wasn't a fan of the President. In order for you to claim Rush wasn't a "fan" of the President at any time, you have to show there was some kind of discernible break in his support of Bush. Warning Bush to handle things right is not a discernible break. Disagreeing with Bush over questioning Democrats patriotism is not a discernible break.

    If you want to thump your chest and shout "evidence!" go right ahead. In your mind I'm sure it is. But what you have provided in no way backs up the argument you are making and certainly doesn't prove your case about him being a Bush critic.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 03-03-09 at 10:35 AM.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  6. #26
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    What does one have to do with the other?
    Because I listened to Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh quite regularly during the first five years of the Bush presidency. I answered the question. But I see the joke you were making and it was funny.

    +1
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  7. #27
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,004

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No it's not Reverend. I've already shown you why.

    No you made an excuse to dismiss it.

    Yep, that started it. And then when I challenged you on that you went on the whole "he was critical, highly critical of Bush" tangent. That is what I zeroed in on. That is what I asked you to prove. That is what you have failed to prove.
    I did? Where?

    He was on the bailouts. But you would have to listen to him to know that, or you can post where he supported them.....

    But anyway, are you saying you moved the goal post here? I answered will's question, that you quoted.


    How did you do that? Did Rush ever signal that he was no longer a "fan" of Bush?
    Not my argument, never was.

    He didn't agree with him on a few points. That doesn't mean he was critical of Bush or he wasn't a fan of the President.

    Not my argument, never was except to say he was indeed critical on him on several (I noted 4) issues.


    In order for you to claim Rush wasn't a "fan" of the President at any time, you have to show there was some kind of discernible break in his support of Bush.

    Not my argument, never was.


    Warning Bush to handle things right is not a discernible break. Disagreeing with Bush over questioning Democrats patriotism is not a discernible break.

    Bush was an open borders type, rush is not, Discernable

    Bush calling loud mouthed libs "patriotic" Rush said the opposite. Discernable.





    If you want to thump your chest and shout "evidence!" go right ahead. In your mind I'm sure it is. But what you have provided in no way backs up the argument you are making and certainly doesn't prove your case about him being a Bush critic.

    And you can keep sticking your fingers in your rabin hyper-partisan ears and shout out how I had no evidence all day long.

    Don't worry, the links will stay hot.


    I proved my point, and dismissed your strawmen.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-03-09 at 10:41 AM.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,167

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Yes, because I have shown Lerxst and you to be wrong. I really did think it needed to expound.


    Please see my edit, and let me know if you want to discuss. Thanks
    You havenít shown jack****,all you have been doing is post padding.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #29
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    And in that time, you heard no disagreement whatsoever from Limbaugh about something Bush was doing or wanted to do.
    I don't recall Rush using his talk show as a regular platform to voice his disagreement with Bush. Was there an occasional disagreement with a Bush administration position on something? I would say yes. Does that mean he wasn't a Bush supporter throughout the Presidency? No, not at all. Rush never pulled his support from President Bush. Didn't happen.

    Rush was never a Bush critic. He was a Bush supporter throughout the Presidency, a fan, whatever you want to call it. That is the base question of this thread. However it leads to another argument I was engaged in which surrounds my opponents claim that Rush was critical or even highly critical of Bush. I asked for evidence of Rush being critical or highly critical of Bush on numerous issues because I disagree.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  10. #30
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,004

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    You havenít shown jack****,all you have been doing is post padding.



    Alanis Morissette love the Irony in your post.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •