View Poll Results: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout the Presidency?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    9 37.50%
  • No, because...

    4 16.67%
  • Other and here's why.

    1 4.17%
  • Are you kidding? Of course he was.

    10 41.67%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 130

Thread: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

  1. #11
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    oh dear. "patriotism" is a policy issue according to reverend hellhound?!? wow...

    "Support"

    to promote the interests or cause of
    to uphold or defend as valid or right : advocate
    to argue or vote for
    assist, help


    Are you nit picking one out of my 4 because it you think that proves me wrong?


    Or were you being intellectually lazy in an attempt to score forum points.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-03-09 at 09:44 AM.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  2. #12
    Tavern Bartender
    #neverhillary
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,027

    Thumbs down Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I'm not sure if he was or not but I'm not sure a poll settles the issue.
    It does for Lerxst, because he wants to run around and say that Rush gave Bush 100% unconditional support. Total bull****, but Lerxst likes yes or no situations. Proof must be absolute and in writing otherwise he's right. Just look at his sig.
    Last edited by American; 03-03-09 at 09:45 AM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)

  3. #13
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    How often did you listen to Limbaugh during the Bush Administration?
    The first five years. I was a Ditto Head and Sick Twisted Freak for quite a long time.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,167

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    He agreed with Bush on almost everything, the only difference I can see is he disagreed on how to achieve those goals.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  5. #15
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    The first five years. I was a Ditto Head and Sick Twisted Freak for quite a long time.
    And in that time, you heard no disagreement whatsoever from Limbaugh about something Bush was doing or wanted to do.

  6. #16
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    The first five years. I was a Ditto Head and Sick Twisted Freak for quite a long time.



    What does one have to do with the other?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  7. #17
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    He agreed with Bush on almost everything, the only difference I can see is he disagreed on how to achieve those goals.



    /Facepalm



    ....


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  8. #18
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    The premise of this thread does not match the scope of the previous discussion...
    It absolutely does.

    Like I said in the other thread.


    It was said he was essentially lock step with Bush.
    It didn't say that at all. You need to go ahead and prove that. What it said was "Rush was a supporter throughout Bush's Presidency" to which you said that was "highly inaccurate." It was a ludicrous statement on your part. You went on to further say he was not only critical of Bush, but highly critical at the end, on several issues.
    My contention and I backed it up with links to which you said I provided "no evidence" was that he was at times critical of Bush, and highly so of the bailouts.
    No, you didn't provide proof. I asked you for specific evidence of Rush directly criticizing Bush. You gave no such evidence and I proved it by reading your links and pointing out the absence of any such direct criticism.

    Anyway once again I will show you the "no evidence" I provided.
    As you will see...you did not provide evidence of Rush criticizing Bush directly.

    He was not in agreement with Bush on:
    Ooopss...sorry Reverend, not the argument we were having. You moved the goal posts on us with this.
    Please link to the actual article that proves your point.
    Already addressed this one. There is nothing in that article that cites Rush directly criticizing George W.
    Wow...patriotism...that's one of several "issues?" Bush states "I won't question the patriotism of someone who disagrees with me" and Rush says "I respectfully disagree." Lol...okay, patriotism is not an "issue." It's Bush saying "I'm not going to get into the mud on this anymore." And saying I disagree is not a criticism. It's a simple disagreement. Do you know what a critism is? Hint: it's not a simple disagreement. And Rush simply disagreeing with Bush was not your base argument at all, you simply changed it when you were on the ropes. We can track your posts throughout that thread if you like and I can show you exactly where you decided to play a different game.

    Please link to the actual article that proves your point.


    I clearly demonstrated several issues in which Rush disagreed with Bush.
    Of course that was not the argument now was it. I'm still waiting on you to back up your claim of Rush being a Bush critic on several issues.

    Of course Rush is a Bush supporter, that was never the argument.
    That was absolutely part of the argument, as you called the notion that Rush was a Bush fan throughout the Presidency "highly inaccurate."

    The argument was whether he was ever critical of him or not.
    And I challenged you to show where Rush was ever directly critical of Bush. You've not done so. Do you really understand what I'm asking of you? Do you understand that when I examine the links you submit as "evidence" and find absolutely no mention of Rush directly criticizing President Bush
    Last edited by Lerxst; 03-03-09 at 10:21 AM.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  9. #19
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Like I said in the other thread, if you want to split hairs and claim I provided no proof, there is not much for us to discuss.



    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1057944243-post126.html


    I guess that was not proof....



    Anyway as usual you are wrong...


    The argument made, that I addressed was:

    ""Rush was a huge fan of Bush for all that time"


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1057943744



    I proved this wrong.



    Now. Show me where Rush agreed with bush on any of those 4 things I outlined above.


    I mean if he was lock step with Rush as you seem to be saying. This should be easy.






    ______________
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-03-09 at 10:23 AM.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,167

    Re: Was Rush Limbaugh a G.W. Bush supporter throughout his Presidency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    /Facepalm



    ....
    Thats it?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •