View Poll Results: Which of these pictures are Racist?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Picture A

    14 23.73%
  • Picture B

    0 0%
  • Neither

    46 77.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 283

Thread: Racist or not Racist.

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Well, I've always kind of known that a vast majority of people aren't racist. We've come a long way since the civil rights days. That doesn't mean that it's irrelevant or that people shouldn't get offended by it. While a majority of people aren't racist, there are a significant amount of people who still are and I think that we shouldn't just bury our heads in the sand and pretend that those people don't exist.
    Why not? They don't exist in large enough numbers to worry about. If an African American or anyone for that matter is involved in an actual racist situation that's worth talking about.

    But talking about racism in general - I'm pretty much over it. Worrying over whether something might possibly be interpreted as racism by the overly overly sensitive types....done with that. Allowing folks who aren't actual victims of racism to run around wearing the victim robe with the whole of history on their backs as justification- done with that.

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Well, I've always kind of known that a vast majority of people aren't racist. We've come a long way since the civil rights days. That doesn't mean that it's irrelevant or that people shouldn't get offended by it. While a majority of people aren't racist, there are a significant amount of people who still are and I think that we shouldn't just bury our heads in the sand and pretend that those people don't exist.
    Why not? Why give them any platform? Why acknowledge their nonsense at all?

    I feel the same way about true racists as I do race baiters. They are to be laughed at and ridiculed but never taken as seriously as they want to be taken.

  3. #213
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Why not? They don't exist in large enough numbers to worry about. If an African American or anyone for that matter is involved in an actual racist situation that's worth talking about.
    I disagree. I think there are still a significant amount of people like that. Granted, things aren't as bad as they were racially during the civil rights movement, but I think that's been true for a long time. Having an African American President doesn't really change that.

    But talking about racism in general - I'm pretty much over it. Worrying over whether something might possibly be interpreted as racism by the overly overly sensitive types....done with that. Allowing folks who aren't actual victims of racism to run around wearing the victim robe with the whole of history on their backs as justification- done with that.
    I agree with you that there are people who abuse it and use it to play the victim game. I have no sympathy for people like that at all. However, I don't think that all people who get offended by racism that still exists are playing the victim card. There's a community on livejournal about horrible customers and I can't tell you how many stories I've read where a person has to deal with an asshole African American customer who pulls the race card because the person can't satisfy them 100% . Stuff like that is complete bull**** to me and there are still a lot of people who do it. So I totally agree with you there.

  4. #214
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Why not? Why give them any platform? Why acknowledge their nonsense at all?

    I feel the same way about true racists as I do race baiters. They are to be laughed at and ridiculed but never taken as seriously as they want to be taken.
    Because some of those people are still in positions of power and have control over things. I would agree with you that they shouldn't be acknowledged if they were all complete nobodies who had no power in the world.

    I realize that racism will really never die because people pass it on from generation to generation. It's a plague, regardless of how insignificant it may seem.

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Because some of those people are still in positions of power and have control over things. I would agree with you that they shouldn't be acknowledged if they were all complete nobodies who had no power in the world.

    I realize that racism will really never die because people pass it on from generation to generation. It's a plague, regardless of how insignificant it may seem.
    The main point though is Obama has proven that there's no reason for an African American or anyone else to waste much time and energy on some racist mofos. If your boss is a racist pile of poo go work for someone else. Racism is no longer a rampant problem where an African American can say they are held back by the color of their skin. If you are surrounding yourself with racist individuals MOVE.

  6. #216
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    The main point though is Obama has proven that there's no reason for an African American or anyone else to waste much time and energy on some racist mofos. If your boss is a racist pile of poo go work for someone else. Racism is no longer a rampant problem where an African American can say they are held back by the color of their skin. If you are surrounding yourself with racist individuals MOVE.
    It's not that simple to just up and quit and get a new job, though (especially with our current economic crisis). The point is that nobody should have to put up with crap like that. It is a fact of life, yes, but I'm not going to get annoyed or pissed at the people who have legitimate complaints about it. I agree that there are people who abuse it, but I'm able to see the clear difference between those people and the people who have legitimate complaints.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    It's not that simple to just up and quit and get a new job, though (especially with our current economic crisis). The point is that nobody should have to put up with crap like that. It is a fact of life, yes, but I'm not going to get annoyed or pissed at the people who have legitimate complaints about it. I agree that there are people who abuse it, but I'm able to see the clear difference between those people and the people who have legitimate complaints.
    So when some racist son of a bitch starts up with a person, ridicule them. It's not like anyone, especially the court, is going to come to the defense of the racist.

  8. #218
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So when some racist son of a bitch starts up with a person, ridicule them. It's not like anyone, especially the court, is going to come to the defense of the racist.
    Well, exactly. That's what I'm saying. I'm saying that a person has a right to be pissed off or offended if someone is racist. Racism obviously still exists and probably always will. Though I will say that it didn't take Obama being President for me to start being annoyed by people who pull the race victim card for no good reason. Those people have always annoyed me.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Well, exactly. That's what I'm saying. I'm saying that a person has a right to be pissed off or offended if someone is racist. Racism obviously still exists and probably always will. Though I will say that it didn't take Obama being President for me to start being annoyed by people who pull the race victim card for no good reason. Those people have always annoyed me.
    Well yeah...I just think it's an open and shut book in American history, the whole plight of the black man BS. It's been proven that the individual keeps a person barred from their dreams, not some institutionalized racism.

  10. #220
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    706

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    What? There is nothing artistic or valuable about:
    Bitches bitches
    Ho's Ho's
    Bitches Bitches
    Ho's Ho's
    Runnin drugs in da hood
    Gatted dat mudafukka cuz da white man kept me down
    Bitches bitches
    Ho's ho's
    Bitches bitches
    Ho's Ho's
    Are you ignorant of the fact that there is a great deal more to rap and hip hop than that? Or are you simply trying to be as insulting as possible?
    "We may have destroyed this country, but we got rich doing it!" --The GOP
    There is a special place in hell for those who care only about themselves.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •