View Poll Results: Which of these pictures are Racist?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Picture A

    14 23.73%
  • Picture B

    0 0%
  • Neither

    46 77.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 283

Thread: Racist or not Racist.

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Honest to God most of the racist comments I've heard have come from race baiters like Al Sharpton, black musicians, & black comedians. At this point I honestly think blacks are more interested in the color of their skin than anyone else.
    Maybe if we gave them a national coming out day like the gays we would only have to hear it for that day and then go on about our normal lives for the rest of the year.

    Except for the month of February which is also "theirs" for whatever reason.

  2. #182
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,368

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Except for the month of February which is also "theirs" for whatever reason.
    You want to know why they got February?

    It was the shortest month. God knows we couldn't have put up with it for an extra two or three days. ****, on leap years I get suicidal.



    Edit: Please note I'm just joking. I don't need to have a racism intervention.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Success does not equal no racism.
    Sorry. The left defined racism as lack of success. Can't have it both ways, hon.

    That some whiteys ain't gonna like some blacks, and vice versa? Too bad, that's called being human in the real world. Ain't never gonna go away.

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Just because blacks are successful does not mean that other races don't look down on them simply because of their skin color.
    Who cares? It's not important. Maybe they need to grow thicker skin?

    Here's something you probably don't know....it's not the government's job to make people be nice to each other. It's not the government's job to go "oooo, how awful" when people say mean things to each other. And it's not the government's job to interfere when private citizens exercise their freedom to choose who they're going to associate with or care about.

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    I hear racist comments all the time in regards to every race from all races. It constantly shocks me to hear it so open and I have gone more than a couple times head to head with someone who makes such ignorant comments.
    That's nice of you. My experience says that nice people that interfere like that eventually need stitches in their heads where the beer bottle was broken. But it's mighty nice of them.

    Myself, I just don't hang out with people who are obviously distasteful. They're not worth the effort. But your personal heroism aside, it's still not the job of government to interfere when people say mean things to each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    If you claim racism is over in America either you ignore it or just don't want to admit it.
    As far as it matters, it's over.

    What you people want is a radical change in basic inherent human nature, and that requires that you interfere on everyone's life at the most fundamental levels, and that's plain wrong.

    We're not all going to sit around the campfire singing Kumbaya. I don't know the words.

  4. #184
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,689

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Sorry. The left defined racism as lack of success. Can't have it both ways, hon.
    Who is saying anything about the left? Racism is defined as the belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. Sorry, hon, but many people still do believe this- therefore racism is still alive.



    Here's something you probably don't know....it's not the government's job to make people be nice to each other. It's not the government's job to go "oooo, how awful" when people say mean things to each other. And it's not the government's job to interfere when private citizens exercise their freedom to choose who they're going to associate with or care about.
    WTF are you even talking about? Why are you bringing the government into this, I didn't- so this makes absolutely no sense, much like most of your post.

    As far as it matters, it's over.

    What you people want is a radical change in basic inherent human nature, and that requires that you interfere on everyone's life at the most fundamental levels, and that's plain wrong.
    I am not asking to change human nature at all, I am just being realistic in realizing racism is alive and well.
    Last edited by americanwoman; 03-05-09 at 01:09 PM.
    Is what you're living for today, worth dying for tomorrow?
    _____________________________________________

  5. #185
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    706

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Blacks have decorated Wheaties boxes.
    Equality achieved!!!! The undeniable halmark of racial justice! Shame on me for wanting black people to escpae poverty and for black families to have more than 1/8th the wealth of white families. Shame on me for not wanting black people to make up half the prison population.
    when are you people going to realize...
    What do you mean YOU PEOPLE? Just kidding.
    When are you people going to realize that if Joe doesn't like someone, even if the only reason is because one of them is black and the other isn't, then Joe isn't required to associate with him if he doesn't want to?
    When are you going to realize that Joe is a racist?
    "We may have destroyed this country, but we got rich doing it!" --The GOP
    There is a special place in hell for those who care only about themselves.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by faminedynasty View Post
    Equality achieved!!!! The undeniable halmark of racial justice! Shame on me for wanting black people to escpae poverty and for black families to have more than 1/8th the wealth of white families. Shame on me for not wanting black people to make up half the prison population.
    You can want all those things all you want but until "blacks" want all those things too, they aren't going to have them.

  7. #187
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    706

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Now I don't remember my infancy, but I do remember as far back as 4 and I have absolutely no recollection of anyone being a slave. I am pretty sure my friends don't have any recollection of being slaves either. Now, as I said, I can't really account for the 4 years preceding my earliest recollections but I feel safe in betting my right nut that that those 4 years were not that drastically different.
    Know anyone who lived under Jim Crow? I do. Just because Black people have technically had legal rights for 40 something years doesn't mean we have achieved substantive equality. Your sense of history is more dense than your sense of morality.
    "We may have destroyed this country, but we got rich doing it!" --The GOP
    There is a special place in hell for those who care only about themselves.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by faminedynasty View Post
    Know anyone who lived under Jim Crow? I do. Just because Black people have technically had legal rights for 40 something years doesn't mean we have achieved substantive equality. Your sense of history is more dense than your sense of morality.
    Now is hurling insults part of this sense of equality you keep going on about or do you think you should be a little more equal than others? I guess a mod will decide when they come across the reported post.

    Jim Crow means nothing to me as I had no part in it. Affirmative Action settled the Jim Crow score.

    Blacks need to move on because the country has tired of their claims of racism and how Whitey kept them down. Grab your bootstraps, pull yourself, and give up the rap in favor of civilized artistic pursuits.

    But you keep right on flailing punches in the air until you tire yourself out. It's a brand new day in America and the race baiters are the objects of ridicule now.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Racism does still exist. But it's irrelevant and has no more kick.

  10. #190
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Racist or not Racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Racism does still exist. But it's irrelevant and has no more kick.
    How so? Just because we have an African American President it doesn't make racism any less offensive and stupid.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •