View Poll Results: On average would straight couples make better parents then a gay couple?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    25 49.02%
  • No

    26 50.98%
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 192

Thread: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

  1. #181
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,881

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    The best parenting situation on average for children is mom/dad.. No doubt about it. Any proof or statistics you that may show otherwise is either a shallow scratch the surface thing, or tainted by the bias and the wish that gay parents are equal. The amount of date on mom/dad vs single parents are huge in favor of mom/dad, and there is almost no credible data available on dad/dad, mom/mom parenting in comparison to either. So to prove that they are equal is just ridiculous.
    The data on gay parenting is entirely credible. You just don't like it because it proves you wrong. But please, show us how it is not credible.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #182
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    This thread is insane..

    Unsubscribe.
    OH NOESSS!!!111 EVERONEZ IS AZKIN FOR EVIDENZES AND STUFFZ!!!111oneoneone I'Z BEST BE OFF
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  3. #183
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,881

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Logic 2,130. Maximus zippity-do-dah.

    Always bugs me when someone can't admit they are wrong or just basing their opinion of values, even when it is proven to them. Oh well.

    Who's next?
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 03-03-09 at 06:09 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #184
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Well scientifically a child needs the best of both worlds to grow and develop properly (a male and female influence). So im going to say yes straight couples would be more beneficial for a child. But thats definetly not to say they would be any less of a good parent then a gay couple. And the poll is asking which one would be better at parenting. If you placed both, i would have voted.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 03-04-09 at 10:32 AM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  5. #185
    Student YamiB.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Seen
    08-14-09 @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    261

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Well scientifically a child needs the best of both worlds to grow and develop properly (a male and female influence). So im going to say yes straight couples would be more beneficial for a child. But thats definetly not to say they would be any less of a good parent then a gay couple. And the poll is asking which one would be better at parenting. If you placed both, i would have voted.
    I'm confused, you say that straight couples would be more beneficial, but that both types of couples would be equally good parents. Could you clarify please?
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    -Douglas Adams

    "It would be better not to know so many things than to know so many things that are not so."
    -Felix Okoye

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    -Aristotle

  6. #186
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    I think, due to facts i have heard, that straight couples would be more beneficial in terms of the mental development of the child. But the poll asks:

    On average would straight couples make better parents then a gay couple?
    "Better" parents to me are parents that care and love there children and protect them and keep them in appropriate enviournments and just doing what parent figures do, educating, helping, supporting there children etc, whether it has a negative or a positive impact on the childs mental development or not.
    Here it asks if straights would be "better" parents. No mention of better for the "development of children". I dont believe they would be any less able to be parents. Whats to say gays wont love there child or care for them like straight couples?
    Last edited by kaya'08; 03-04-09 at 11:15 AM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #187
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,065

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I think, due to facts i have heard, that straight couples would be more beneficial in terms of the mental development of the child. But the poll asks:



    "Better" parents to me are parents that care and love there children and protect them and keep them in appropriate enviournments and just doing what parent figures do, educating, helping, supporting there children etc, whether it has a negative or a positive impact on the childs mental development or not.
    Here it asks if straights would be "better" parents. No mention of better for the "development of children". I dont believe they would be any less able to be parents. Whats to say gays wont love there child or care for them like straight couples?
    You keep contradicting yourself. First you say that kids raised by heterosexual parents is more beneficial but then you say that the parenting is equal between heteroseuxals and homosexuals....
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #188
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You keep contradicting yourself. First you say that kids raised by heterosexual parents is more beneficial but then you say that the parenting is equal between heteroseuxals and homosexuals....
    Bloody hell forget it.
    Read my post carefully.

    My idea of what a good parent is (or who makes a better parent), is a parent who cares and supports a child. Can homosexual couples not care and support there child? Of course they can, so they can be equally good parents. However, on the contrary, maybe not so much for the mental development of the child. The poll asks which one would make better parents. It doesnt ask which one would have a better mental impact. As for as the mental development side is concerned perhaps straight couples. But its not asking that its just asking what parents (gay or straight) would make better ones. And remember:

    My idea of what a good parent is (or who makes a better parent), is a parent who cares and supports a child.
    Get it now?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  9. #189
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    My idea of what a good parent is (or who makes a better parent), is a parent who cares and supports a child. Can homosexual couples not care and support there child? Of course they can, so they can be equally good parents. However, on the contrary, maybe not so much for the mental development of the child. The poll asks which one would make better parents. It doesnt ask which one would have a better mental impact. As for as the mental development side is concerned perhaps straight couples. But its not asking that its just asking what parents (gay or straight) would make better ones. And remember:
    I believe CaptainCourtesy's post a few pages back to the parenting study of homosexuals/heterosexuals shows that thee is no difference in mental development of the child when parented by homosexual parents vs heterosexual parents.

    If you have a source that states otherwise please share.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  10. #190
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,065

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Bloody hell forget it.
    Read my post carefully.

    My idea of what a good parent is (or who makes a better parent), is a parent who cares and supports a child. Can homosexual couples not care and support there child? Of course they can, so they can be equally good parents. However, on the contrary, maybe not so much for the mental development of the child. The poll asks which one would make better parents. It doesnt ask which one would have a better mental impact. As for as the mental development side is concerned perhaps straight couples. But its not asking that its just asking what parents (gay or straight) would make better ones. And remember:



    Get it now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I believe CaptainCourtesy's post a few pages back to the parenting study of homosexuals/heterosexuals shows that thee is no difference in mental development of the child when parented by homosexual parents vs heterosexual parents.

    If you have a source that states otherwise please share.
    What he said.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •