View Poll Results: On average would straight couples make better parents then a gay couple?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    25 49.02%
  • No

    26 50.98%
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 192

Thread: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

  1. #161
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    Unbelievable, after Captain completely disassembled your argument, all you can counter with is one over simplistic analogy.

    Good to see that you have also avoided my follow up post as well.

    Keep this up and you could get yourself a place on the Harvard Jessup Moot team.....
    Thats why people like you care more about statistics than common sense.. CC says he do not even know what common sense is..

    "Statistics and proof" all the time over common sense.. Thats just ridiculous. How about a childs right to have a mother? How about that? Please prove that that is bad, for a child to have a mother, and its better to have 2 dads, prove that with statistics and a bunch of silly internet article..

    You people drive me crazy.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #162
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Dont you think adopted children deserves to have a mother?
    Irrelevant, your original argument was that homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt as they would most likely make worse parents than heterosexuals.

    Captain has suggested otherwise. You next move is to either correct your position in light of Captains evidence or alternately to rebut his argument.

    Do you always create RED HERRINGS when your statements prove to be nothing more than unfounded assumptions based on fear?

  3. #163
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Thats why people like you care more about statistics than common sense.. CC says he do not even know what common sense is..

    "Statistics and proof" all the time over common sense.. Thats just ridiculous. How about a childs right to have a mother? How about that? Please prove that that is bad, for a child to have a mother, and its better to have 2 dads, prove that with statistics and a bunch of silly internet article..

    You people drive me crazy.
    No people like you drive me crazy. You make claims that relate to the real world that can be objectively measured. You are not making claims as to what is your favourite colour, ie subjective claims. You are making objective claims that can be measured empirically. And one way of backing up claims is using empirical studies, aka statistics.

    Secondly you are moving into legal arguments of rights... Don't confuse rights with x is better at parenting than y. Which I must add was the original premise of your argument.

    Rights are a legal and ethical construct. Saying that x is more likely to be a better parent than y is a claim that can be backed up with empirical studies.

    Anyway back to the argument....
    Last edited by Australianlibertarian; 03-03-09 at 06:35 AM.

  4. #164
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    Irrelevant, your original argument was that homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt as they would most likely make worse parents than heterosexuals.

    Captain has suggested otherwise. You next move is to either correct your position in light of Captains evidence or alternately to rebut his argument.

    Do you always create RED HERRINGS when your statements prove to be nothing more than unfounded assumptions based on fear?
    Of course two men would make worse parents, the child would grow up without a mother. I have seen no proof that gays make BETTER parents, and since gays and straights are not the same, the likelyhood that they are equal parents are very low..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #165
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    No people like you drive me crazy. You make claims that relate to the real world that can be objectively measured. You are not making claims as to what is your favourite colour, ie subjective claims. You are making objective claims that can be measured empirically. And one way of backing up claims is using empirical studies, aka statistics.

    Secondly you are moving into legal arguments of rights... Don't confuse rights with x is better at parenting than y. Which I must add was the original premise of your argument.

    Rights are a legal and ethical construct. Saying that x is more likely to be a better parent than y is a claim that can be backed up with empirical studies.

    Anyway back to the argument....
    So YOU think it would make sense for children to grow up without a mother? Thats your opinion, not mine.. I never made objective claims such as that.. We all know that children needs a mother, if you do not, I suggest you stop debating on the internet and just withdraw for a few weeks and start thinking for yourself for awhile.

    As for lesbians I have said all along they would make better parents than two gay men.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #166
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Of course two men would make worse parents, the child would grow up without a mother. I have seen no proof that gays make BETTER parents, and since gays and straights are not the same, the likelyhood that they are equal parents are very low..
    And yet you cannot provide any proof that children that did not grow up with their biological parents would be worse off. So we go back to a circular argument.

    So first you make a claim about homosexuals being worse than heterosexual couples at parenting.

    When that falls apart, you go to the next argument, that homosexuals will be worse parents because it denies a child a right to a mother.

    But hay if you want to change the premise of the argument, because your original argument has been refutted, lets go there.

    So I ask you to present data that suggests that children brought up without a mother grow up worse than children with a mother. Very simple, you make the assertion back it. Stop making common sense comments that prove **** all.

    I might as well say this: gays tend to have a lot more money than most heterosexuals, thus it makes common sense to allow them to adopt as they will have more resources to invest in the child...... See how useful common sense is?

    Anyway provide me with the evidence and not just your claims of common sense.

  7. #167
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    So YOU think it would make sense for children to grow up without a mother? Thats your opinion, not mine.. I never made objective claims such as that.. We all know that children needs a mother, if you do not, I suggest you stop debating on the internet and just withdraw for a few weeks and start thinking for yourself for awhile.

    As for lesbians I have said all along they would make better parents than two gay men.
    No I am not making any claims that it is logical or rational for a children to grow up without a mother. What I am asking you is provide empirical evidence that a child with homosexual parents would be worse off compared to a child that has a mother.

  8. #168
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    So YOU think it would make sense for children to grow up without a mother? Thats your opinion, not mine.. I never made objective claims such as that.. We all know that children needs a mother, if you do not, I suggest you stop debating on the internet and just withdraw for a few weeks and start thinking for yourself for awhile.

    As for lesbians I have said all along they would make better parents than two gay men.
    I would like for you to be intellectually honest and actually quote directly any passage where I have said that it would make sense for children to grow up without a mother.

    I dare you to. And I invite that fellow posters to ask that Maximus finds this quote.

    Do you know the difference between someone saying:

    it makes sense that x would be better than y,

    as opposed to what I have said:

    do you have evidence that suggests that a child growing up with their mother will do better than a child that does not have a mother?
    Last edited by Australianlibertarian; 03-03-09 at 07:00 AM.

  9. #169
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    No I am not making any claims that it is logical or rational for a children to grow up without a mother. What I am asking you is provide empirical evidence that a child with homosexual parents would be worse off compared to a child that has a mother.
    Its not a matter of evidence, this is a matter of common sense.

    I have seen no proof the the contrary btw.. I have told you a number of factors which should get you thinking about this..

    Mom/dad is obviously the most healthy parenting relationship(on average), its natural, you get both influence from a mother figure and a father figure, both non-confusing feminine and non-confusing masculine input. Its better than single parent houses, its better than gay parents, its right out the best solution, the natural solution..

    Or would you also contest that single parent situations on average is worse for children than mom/dad parenting situation?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #170
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    I would like for you to be intellectually honest and actually quote directly any passage where I have said that it would make sense for children to grow up without a mother.

    I dare you to. And I invite that fellow posters to ask that Maximus finds this quote.

    Do you know the difference between someone saying:

    it makes sense that x would be better than y,

    as opposed to what I have said:

    do you have evidence that suggests that a child growing up with their mother will do better than a child that does not have a mother?
    The best parenting situation on average for children is mom/dad.. No doubt about it. Any proof or statistics you that may show otherwise is either a shallow scratch the surface thing, or tainted by the bias and the wish that gay parents are equal. The amount of date on mom/dad vs single parents are huge in favor of mom/dad, and there is almost no credible data available on dad/dad, mom/mom parenting in comparison to either. So to prove that they are equal is just ridiculous.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •