View Poll Results: On average would straight couples make better parents then a gay couple?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    25 49.02%
  • No

    26 50.98%
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 192

Thread: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

  1. #141
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Well.. Yes.. You never proved that gays were better parents than straights, you never can, because they aren't. And if they aren't, they can AT BEST be equal, but gays and straight parents are not the same, so the likelihood of them being worse parents is 99%. You never properly answered that either.
    Likewise you can never prove that straight parents are better than gays. AT BEST straight parents can be equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  2. #142
    Student YamiB.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Seen
    08-14-09 @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    261

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    I see no reason to think that straight couples would be better at raising children. The current evidence seems to indicate that same-sex couples are just as good. It's a shame that too many bigots try to prevent kids from having homes because they don't like homosexuality.

    Study: Same-Sex Parents Raise Well-Adjusted Kids

    APA Policy Statement on Sexual Orientation, Parents, & Children
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    -Douglas Adams

    "It would be better not to know so many things than to know so many things that are not so."
    -Felix Okoye

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    -Aristotle

  3. #143
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    How in earth does you get to the assumption that 99% of guys would make worse parents than heterosexual couples?
    Thats not what I wrote.. How many times to I have to repeat it.. If they are not better parents, then they can at best be equal, but they definetely arent the same as straight parents, and if they are not the same or better, then there should be a 99% chance they are worse, on average.

    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    Do you just pull figures out of the air or do you intrinsically known because you have lived in anything goes Amsterdam, and therefore you know better.
    You really do not want the west to become like Amsterdam.. I dont believe that, dont buy it.. It will if we continue down this path. I have seen the results of extreme liberalism, and its nothing that I want to see everywhere.


    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    Secondly women may be biologically different from men in many ways, and thus not equal in a biological sense, just as guys are not biologically equal in terms of reproduction. But does that mean we bar guys from becoming parents?
    Did anyone say that? I never said that at least.. I never even hinted at anything remotely close to that.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, they ARE equal. Your comment above has no logic behind it. You are saying that if two things are equal, one is worse. That's nonsense.

    Really? Scratch deeper and tell us more functioning parameters that would need to be explored.
    I think when it comes to adoption, fostering, etc. they probably are equal when you're comparing stable homes and stable relationships.

    However when you get into gays and lesbians having their own biological children with a partner unless both biological parents are somehow involved in the upbringing of the child things can never be equal. Nobody wants a sperm donor father and nobody desires a surrogate mother. Whenever either biological parent is completely absent from a child's life there are some repercussions. There will always be some form of an emotional hole as the child ages and realizes that one of their biological parents is completely absent.

    So I'm all for allowing gays and lesbians to adopt. But when it comes to creating their own children I heavily advocate that they find a biological parent who wants to be involved with the couple on some level so the child never has that missing piece emotional hole. Lesbians can do a great job raising a kid but they will do a far better job if they utilize and support the active involvement of the man who biologically fathered the child. Likewise with gays. It may be far more convenient to create a child with someone who will opt out of their parenting rights but it's a selfish practice that diminishes and makes light of every little child's need to feel loved by the two adults that created him or her.
    Last edited by talloulou; 03-02-09 at 04:32 PM.

  5. #145
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    26,931

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    *takes a look around for any proof that heterosexuals are better at raising kids than homosexuals*

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    *sees none, chuckles and leaves*
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #146
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    *takes a look around for any proof that heterosexuals are better at raising kids than homosexuals*

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    *sees none, chuckles and leaves*
    How about 10000 years for an example?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #147
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Thats not what I wrote.. How many times to I have to repeat it.. If they are not better parents, then they can at best be equal, but they definetely arent the same as straight parents, and if they are not the same or better, then there should be a 99% chance they are worse, on average.



    You really do not want the west to become like Amsterdam.. I dont believe that, dont buy it.. It will if we continue down this path. I have seen the results of extreme liberalism, and its nothing that I want to see everywhere.




    Did anyone say that? I never said that at least.. I never even hinted at anything remotely close to that.
    I'll make this very F***ing simple. Where do you get the assumption that there is a 99% chance that gays will be worse parents. Stop dodging the question.

    Granted logic dictates that if gays are not better or equal to heterosexuals than by reason they would be worse then heterosexual couples. But this rational is simplistic and you know it.

    If we were to plot parenting skills it would not be in some sort of tick the box, but rather a standard curve.

    Thus your reasoning completely fails. It assumes that ALL homosexuals would have an equaldistribution of parenting skills. Your assumption does not taken into account the individual. But that make sense considering that your are not focusing on the individual, but rather a very wide range of people...... Thus you do not make any allowance that some heterosexual parents are crap parents and some homosexuals could make excellent parents. You over simplify things and compare two different sexualites against each other without making allowances for varying abilities of people, regardless of sex.

  8. #148
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    26,931

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    How about 10000 years for an example?
    That might be valid if you could prove that not one single homosexual ever raised a kid during the last 10,000 years, and didn't raise them just as good as a heterosexual.

    GL with that.

    Edit note: made a clairification.
    Last edited by Kal'Stang; 03-02-09 at 08:31 PM.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #149
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,668

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Thats not what I wrote.. How many times to I have to repeat it.. If they are not better parents, then they can at best be equal, but they definetely arent the same as straight parents, and if they are not the same or better, then there should be a 99% chance they are worse, on average.
    Here is the lack of logic in your argument. Prove that if something is not the same or better that it then must be worse. Try this for example. Apples are not better than oranges. They are equal to oranges. They, however, are not the same as oranges. Therefore, there is a 99% chance that they are worse than oranges.

    See how idiotic and illogical your theory sounds? Unless you can prove your above equation...which like your position that heterosexuals make better parents than homosexuals, you have offered zero proof of, your "theory" is just more spin and opinion. Nothing more.



    You really do not want the west to become like Amsterdam.. I dont believe that, dont buy it.. It will if we continue down this path. I have seen the results of extreme liberalism, and its nothing that I want to see everywhere.
    Slippery slope logical fallacy. Point negated.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #150
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,668

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Mental and emotional aspects of a human is immeasurable. Even trying to is just scratching the surface of the two, and the 4 you mention is definetely just scratching the surface of a human life.
    And yet when I asked you to name others, you didn't. Same old same old. Maximus. When asked for proof, you run and hide.

    I didnt say they were equal btw..
    OK

    1. Gays are not better parents than straights
    True. And apples are not better fruits than oranges.

    2. Gays and straights are NOT THE SAME
    True. Apples are different from oranges.

    3. Therefor they cannot be equal.
    No. They are not the same. This is a different concept than equal. Prove that they cannot be equal. I have already proven that gay and straight parents are equal. You have offered nothing to disprove that.

    4. If they are not better and not equal, they are most likely worse, 99%.
    This is based on a false premise; two things CAN be equal and not the same. Apples and oranges. Your theory is illogical and has been debunked. I hope you have something more, because so far, you've shown nothing.

    How can you not get that? How can they be equal if they are not the same? Thats like saying men and women are equal, while everyone knows that is a load a crap.
    Men and women are not the same. Equal is a different concept. You need to give a context when you are discussing "equal" here. Do you mean intelligence?
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 03-02-09 at 10:16 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •