View Poll Results: On average would straight couples make better parents then a gay couple?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    25 49.02%
  • No

    26 50.98%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 192

Thread: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

  1. #131
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You showed us bigotry and prejudice. You are no soothsayer and have offered no information that substantiates "your" future.

    I am growing tired of your nonsensical, stereotyped, and unsubstantiated comments. Do you have anything of substance to add, other than your value based opinion?
    You have to remember that I lived in Amsterdam for a year. Thats every liberals dream for society to become like that.

    Well.. Yes.. You never proved that gays were better parents than straights, you never can, because they aren't. And if they aren't, they can AT BEST be equal, but gays and straight parents are not the same, so the likelihood of them being worse parents is 99%. You never properly answered that either.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #132
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,808

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    You have to remember that I lived in Amsterdam for a year. Thats every liberals dream for society to become like that.
    I've never been to Amsterdam. As you often point out, Europe is quite different from the US. Things work differently, here.

    Well.. Yes.. You never proved that gays were better parents than straights, you never can, because they aren't. And if they aren't, they can AT BEST be equal, but gays and straight parents are not the same, so the likelihood of them being worse parents is 99%. You never properly answered that either.
    I never proved it, because I never claimed it. I have proven that gay parents and straight parents are equal in rearing children based on many parameters, such as emotional, academic, social, and sexual functioning. YOU keep making the "better than" argument, one that no one has asserted. Either you are constantly misreading, or you are diverting.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #133
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You have still not answered my question. What is the difference between common sense and common belief?
    Wow, you should know.. Dont you?

    Let me do an example which you will like...(which will show my non-bias)
    Common belief is that God exist, while common sense is the awareness that he (most likely) do not exist.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #134
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I never proved it, because I never claimed it. I have proven that gay parents and straight parents are equal in rearing children based on many parameters, such as emotional, academic, social, and sexual functioning. YOU keep making the "better than" argument, one that no one has asserted. Either you are constantly misreading, or you are diverting.
    If they aren't better, then they can AT BEST be equal, and they aren't the same, so they aren't equal, so they are worse.

    "emotional, social, academic and sexual", thats just scratching the surface of a human life.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #135
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,808

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Wow, you should know.. Dont you?

    Let me do an example which you will like...(which will show my non-bias)
    Common belief is that God exist, while common sense is the awareness that he (most likely) do not exist.
    Poor example because the common sensical part has not been proven...as evidenced by your "most likely" comment. Therefore, both parts are identical. My flat earth example has been proven. Give it another go.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #136
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,808

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    If they aren't better, then they can AT BEST be equal, and they aren't the same, so they aren't equal, so they are worse.
    No, they ARE equal. Your comment above has no logic behind it. You are saying that if two things are equal, one is worse. That's nonsense.

    "emotional, social, academic and sexual", thats just scratching the surface of a human life.
    Really? Scratch deeper and tell us more functioning parameters that would need to be explored.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #137
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, they ARE equal. Your comment above has no logic behind it. You are saying that if two things are equal, one is worse. That's nonsense.

    Really? Scratch deeper and tell us more functioning parameters that would need to be explored.
    Mental and emotional aspects of a human is immeasurable. Even trying to is just scratching the surface of the two, and the 4 you mention is definetely just scratching the surface of a human life.

    I didnt say they were equal btw..

    1. Gays are not better parents than straights
    2. Gays and straights are NOT THE SAME
    3. Therefor they cannot be equal.
    4. If they are not better and not equal, they are most likely worse, 99%.

    How can you not get that? How can they be equal if they are not the same? Thats like saying men and women are equal, while everyone knows that is a load a crap.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  8. #138
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Mental and emotional aspects of a human is immeasurable. Even trying to is just scratching the surface of the two, and the 4 you mention is definetely just scratching the surface of a human life.

    I didnt say they were equal btw..

    1. Gays are not better parents than straights
    2. Gays and straights are NOT THE SAME
    3. Therefor they cannot be equal.
    4. If they are not better and not equal, they are most likely worse, 99%.

    How can you not get that? How can they be equal if they are not the same? Thats like saying men and women are equal, while everyone knows that is a load a crap.
    How in earth does you get to the assumption that 99% of guys would make worse parents than heterosexual couples?

    Do you just pull figures out of the air or do you intrinsically known because you have lived in anything goes Amsterdam, and therefore you know better.

    Secondly women may be biologically different from men in many ways, and thus not equal in a biological sense, just as guys are not biologically equal in terms of reproduction. But does that mean we bar guys from becoming parents?

  9. #139
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,505

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    You have to remember that I lived in Amsterdam for a year. Thats every liberals dream for society to become like that.

    Well.. Yes.. You never proved that gays were better parents than straights, you never can, because they aren't. And if they aren't, they can AT BEST be equal, but gays and straight parents are not the same, so the likelihood of them being worse parents is 99%. You never properly answered that either.
    And the likelihood of them being better is......what? 1%? Can you show where you're getting these numbers from? It stands to reason that if you can not provide ANY evidence to support your claims then the likelihood of gay parents being better or worse then straight parents is 50-50. Meaning it is a case by case issue. Not one defined along percentage points.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #140
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    The day when transexuals are in a majority, in homosexual relationships, holding other mens hands in the streets, before they go into a boutique to shoot up on heroin, the store which ofcourse is run by lesbians with children, since men are now obsolete and women just milk them for sperm donations. The wonderful world where the worlds biggest idiot is the president, and the election is rigged and everyone just accepts that, his boyfriend, the dog barky just got married, he had to break up with the necrophiliac John who just stayed inside and played games all day and just rolled over to have legal sex with the dead bodies inbetween.

    That day there will no longer be questions about gay people raising children. The next thing to liberalize on then is probably pedophile marriage or something similar.
    I think that CaptainCourtesy has lived up to his avatar and has been far too kind to you. But I am going to say this. What you have written is just waffle. It is based on stereotypes, bigotry.

    You can't even back up your claims with empirical evidence, that actually shows that; homosexuals that are willing to adopt are more likely to take heroin. You can't even find empirical evidence to suggest that lesbians will make men obsolete.

    Next you confuse consential sexuality with necrophilia. Which by its very definition cannot be consensual. And yet it says so much more about you than other people.

    And the comments about lesbians making women obsolete.... Where does that come from?

    I'll put it this way. The conservative's argument that the family is the heart of civilization, and that civilization will fall apart without it is utter tosh. Children have grown up with abusive HETEROSEXUAL parents, children lose HETEROSEXUAL parents to disease and war, yet they grow and become members of society, since the beginning of civilization.

    Some will be traumatized by the experience others will not, but life goes on. The idea that nuclear family holds society together, and that preventing homosexuals from adopting or having kids is somehow going to save humanity; ignores the disgusting abuse SOME children face from their own parents. The Family as the heart of civilization is nothing more than romantic fantasy. A rose tinted view... A sanitized, clean world....

    So I ask you this how on earth can 99% of gays be worse parents that heterosexual parents? I dare you to back this claim up with empirical evidence and not just your opinion dressed up as the reality of the world.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •