View Poll Results: On average would straight couples make better parents then a gay couple?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    25 49.02%
  • No

    26 50.98%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 192

Thread: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

  1. #111
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,026

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Not the same as a gay couple at all. A homosexual in a straight relationship is not the same as the parallel child having two dads.
    Yet it is still a homosexual raising kids. Remember a homosexual according to you cannot teach about the 'impusles' of the opposite sex. But the very fact that they are homosexual means that they have a tendency to think the opposite or, more accurately, closer to the opposite sex than a heterosexual. In other words it evens out. In a heterosexual family lifestyle the parents think male or female depending on thier gender. In a homosexual family lifestyle the parents will think both male and female regardless of thier gender. aka homosexuals are more in touch with both sides of thier Id than heterosexuals. Because of this I would posit that a homosexual living in a heterosexual family (ie still in the closet) is not as good for the kids as a straight heterosexual or straight homosexual family.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #112
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,849

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I did say that. But if gay parents aren't better than straight ones, why should they then be allowed to adopt? No need then.. If they aren't better they can at best be equal, and all common sense says two men raising a child is not the same as one woman and one man..
    You just contradicted yourself. They are equal, but they are not the same. No, they are equal. And since this is the case, why shouldn't they be allowed to adopt.

    Children needs both masculin and feminine impulses, neither which gays can provide, except a confusing mix of both. Thats NOT what a child needs, therefor I stick with the common sense option that gay parents 99% sure make worse parents on average that straights.
    And now, we've made a full circle. You have no evidence to show this, and "common sense" as you put it, has been shown to be wrong. Is the earth flat? You have your opinion, Maximus. It doesn't stand the test of evidence, but it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

    What are you? Doing an all nighter btw?
    I'm a chronic insomniac. I seldom get to sleep before 6 or 7 AM my time. DP keeps me from laying in bed contemplating ways to take over the world.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #113
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,849

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Hello!!! Its OBVIOUSLY NOT the same.. Geez. How about masculine AND feminine impulses?

    You didn't show that.. You talked about gay people in a straight relationship.. Anyways, there is no long term research about those people who grew up with two dads. For all you know those spawns could be the ones who ended up serial killers and rapists and so on.
    Guess what? As far as I know, no serial killers were "spawned" by gay parents. All were either from straight, or single parent households. I guess we should outlaw those types of parental arrangements, eh?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #114
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,002

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Guess what? As far as I know, no serial killers were "spawned" by gay parents. All were either from straight, or single parent households. I guess we should outlaw those types of parental arrangements, eh?



    I don't think biologically that is even possible.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  5. #115
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You just contradicted yourself. They are equal, but they are not the same. No, they are equal. And since this is the case, why shouldn't they be allowed to adopt.:
    They arent equal, and even if they are equal(which they at best can be), then why should the be allowed to adopt? What possible reason should there be for our society to seal the fate of a child and sign into law the possibility of someone involunteerly growing up in an unnatural situation with two dads for example. What possible need is there for that?


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And now, we've made a full circle. You have no evidence to show this, and "common sense" as you put it, has been shown to be wrong. Is the earth flat? You have your opinion, Maximus. It doesn't stand the test of evidence, but it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    It never was common sense that the earth was flat. It was common belief. Common sense, and common belief are two very different things.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'm a chronic insomniac. I seldom get to sleep before 6 or 7 AM my time. DP keeps me from laying in bed contemplating ways to take over the world.
    Ahaha, you and Kim Jung Ill.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #116
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,026

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    It never was common sense that the earth was flat. It was common belief. Common sense, and common belief are two very different things.
    It was common sense that the Earth was flat then. Common sense is based off of what a person knows and believes. They knew that the Earth was flat. Therefore it was common sense to believe that it was. Its common sense based on statistics that there is no good reason why a homosexual cannot adopt kids. The only real reason that you've given for why a homosexual couldn't adopt is because for the most part heterosexuals have been the ones raising kids. IE you base your assertions on tradition. Not actual facts or data.

    The common sense of the time said that the earth was flat. They were proved wrong. It was common sense that homosexual could not raise kids as well as heterosexuals 30 years ago. They were proved wrong.

    Edit note: Added last paragraph.
    Last edited by Kal'Stang; 02-28-09 at 05:17 PM.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #117
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    It was common sense that the Earth was flat then. Common sense is based off of what a person knows and believes. They knew that the Earth was flat. Therefore it was common sense to believe that it was. Its common sense based on statistics that there is no good reason why a homosexual cannot adopt kids. The only real reason that you've given for why a homosexual couldn't adopt is because for the most part heterosexuals have been the ones raising kids. IE you base your assertions on tradition. Not actual facts or data.

    The common sense of the time said that the earth was flat. They were proved wrong. It was common sense that homosexual could not raise kids as well as heterosexuals 30 years ago. They were proved wrong.

    Edit note: Added last paragraph.
    I don't think you quite know what common sense is..

    Again its annoying how you try to pin this on traditions when its so much more.. Prove to me that two men make better parents than a straight couple.. If you cant, then why the hell should gays be allowed to adopt if there is no need for it? Why should gays be allowed to adopt if they are at BEST equally good parents as straight, and since they aren't better, the likelihood is that they are worse rather than equal on average. Common sense dictates that society should NOT let two men raise a child for example. Children should grow up with a mom and dad, thats the best.
    Last edited by Maximus Zeebra; 02-28-09 at 06:39 PM.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  8. #118
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,026

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I don't think you quite know what common sense is..


    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Again its annoying how you try to pin this on traditions when its so much more.. Prove to me that two men make better parents than a straight couple.. If you cant, then why the hell should gays be allowed to adopt if there is no need for it? Why should gays be allowed to adopt if they are at BEST equally good parents as straight, and since they aren't better, the likelihood is that they are worse rather than equal on average. Common sense dictates that society should NOT let two men raise a child for example. Children should grow up with a mom and dad, thats the best.

    No need? If there was no need then there would be no children in the foster care system. Obviously there is a need.

    And I have never stated that two men make better parents than a straight couple. I have stated that they make just as good a parents as straights. Statistics shows this.

    And since you continueally state that a mom and a dad is "best" to raise kids in then how about you show us some statistics that show that.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #119
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-18-12 @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    What a silly question! I look forward to the day when questions like these are no longer asked

  10. #120
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,849

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    They arent equal, and even if they are equal(which they at best can be), then why should the be allowed to adopt? What possible reason should there be for our society to seal the fate of a child and sign into law the possibility of someone involunteerly growing up in an unnatural situation with two dads for example. What possible need is there for that?
    You continue to contradict yourself. "even if they are equal" and "growing up in an unnatural enviorment". You're losing it, Maximus. You can't even keep straight what your argument is, and you are exposing yourself, more and more, to your entire position being value oriented, devoid of any substantiation. I, again, will ask, show any substantiation that, statistically, a child growing up in a home with two gay parents is harmful.

    It never was common sense that the earth was flat. It was common belief. Common sense, and common belief are two very different things.
    Please explain the difference.

    Ahaha, you and Kim Jung Ill.
    But I'm prettier.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •