View Poll Results: On average would straight couples make better parents then a gay couple?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    25 49.02%
  • No

    26 50.98%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 192

Thread: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

  1. #101
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Children needs both masculin and feminine impulses, neither which gays can provide, except a confusing mix of both.

    Thats NOT what a child needs, therefor I stick with the common sense option that gay parents 99% sure make worse parents on average that straights.
    Children's natural impulses come from within, not without. They don't get "impulses" from their parents.

    I assume you mean "influences". In which case a female can most certainly provide masculine influences, and vice versa. Not to mention the fact that rarely - if ever - does a couple raise a child in a vacuum. There are other people in a child's life. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, friends, teachers, etc. Just because someone has only one parent, or has two parents of the same gender does NOT mean that they never see, talk to, or learn from the other gender. The idea that they are in some dark hole with just their parent or parents is pretty preposterous.

  2. #102
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Children's natural impulses come from within, not without. They don't get "impulses" from their parents.
    Yeah..

    Most impulses are strongly influence by leartn behaviours.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I assume you mean "influences". In which case a female can most certainly provide masculine influences, and vice versa. Not to mention the fact that rarely - if ever - does a couple raise a child in a vacuum. There are other people in a child's life. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, friends, teachers, etc. Just because someone has only one parent, or has two parents of the same gender does NOT mean that they never see, talk to, or learn from the other gender. The idea that they are in some dark hole with just their parent or parents is pretty preposterous.
    1. Men and women are not the same.
    2. Are you saying that parents arent the most important factor in a childs life?
    3. I never said they were in a dark hole with just their parents.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  3. #103
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Yeah..

    Most impulses are strongly influence by leartn behaviours.
    Like what?

    1. Men and women are not the same.
    Who said they were? That's like saying every man is the same. It's just stupid.

    What I DID say was that women can portray traditionally "masculine" influences, and vice versa. Now, want to try and prove that wrong without stating the obvious and irrelevant "women and men aren't the same"?

    2. Are you saying that parents arent the most important factor in a childs life?
    No, I believe I said exactly what I said. Which was this:

    Not to mention the fact that rarely - if ever - does a couple raise a child in a vacuum. There are other people in a child's life. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, friends, teachers, etc. Just because someone has only one parent, or has two parents of the same gender does NOT mean that they never see, talk to, or learn from the other gender. The idea that they are in some dark hole with just their parent or parents is pretty preposterous.
    3. I never said they were in a dark hole with just their parents.
    Well then why do you presume that someone raised with just one parent, or raised by two parents of the same gender would be lacking in the influences of the opposite gender?

  4. #104
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Like what?
    Like just about everything. By nature humans are savage primitive animals. But then again, leartn behaviour.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Well then why do you presume that someone raised with just one parent, or raised by two parents of the same gender would be lacking in the influences of the opposite gender?
    Yes, lacking the proper influences from both genders. It seems like you are only talking about the surface, I am not.

    You have no apparent knowledge of how deep a parent-child relation is..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #105
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Like just about everything. By nature humans are savage primitive animals. But then again, leartn behaviour.
    You believe all human impulses and instincts are learned behavior?

    Yes, lacking the proper influences from both genders. It seems like you are only talking about the surface, I am not.
    No, I am not talking about the surface.

    So, how can someone who is around both genders on a daily basis be lacking in the influence of both genders?

    You have no apparent knowledge of how deep a parent-child relation is..
    Of course, because I'm not a child myself. I was found under a cabbage patch.

  6. #106
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    You believe all human impulses and instincts are learned behavior?
    Not all, most. The only real human impulses we have left is sexual impulses. The rest is mostly learned behaviours, and learned denial of behaviours.


    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Of course, because I'm not a child myself. I was found under a cabbage patch.
    Really?

    How is that possible?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #107
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,061

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Hello!!! Its OBVIOUSLY NOT the same.. Geez. How about masculine AND feminine impulses?

    You didn't show that.. You talked about gay people in a straight relationship.. Anyways, there is no long term research about those people who grew up with two dads. For all you know those spawns could be the ones who ended up serial killers and rapists and so on.
    Hmm...you might want to read what you just said here..."gay people in a straight relationship". Homosexuals in a straight relationship raising kids. Hmm...what does that say to you? That homosexuals have been raising kids?

    And CC's links does have dad/dad parents in them.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #108
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,061

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Women and men are not the same.
    Again of course they are not the same. Hello?!?!?! One's an inney, ones an outtie. But that doesn't mean that they cannot teach the same things that the other can.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #109
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,061

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    They aren't the same. One man and one woman is not the same as two men or two women.
    And why in the heck should they be able to adopt if they aren't BETTER parents? Why should we decide out of pity that two men should be allowed to adopt and raise a child, thats just INSANE. The need isn't there.
    Geeze this "not the same" is becoming a mantra with you isn't it? Studies of kids raised by mom/dads or mom/mom or dad/dad shows no real difference between the them. They all have grown up to be well adjusted adults.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Perhaps thats just a sing that the whole adoption system is bad. Perhaps they should be more liberal with who they let adopt, I know plenty of cases where perfectly normal straight couples were not allowed to adopt because of some technicalities. Thats NO reason to allow two men or two women to adopt.
    The rules are there for a reason. You don't just throw away the rules just because there are people that are on the verge of being eligible but are not. And you certainly don't throw out the rules just because some people are against homosexuals adopting so try to do what they can to not allow them to adopt. There is no good reason not to allow homosexuals the right to adopt.

    And since you brought it up just what exactly are those 'technicalities' that you say should be thrown out to allow opposite sex parents adopt?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #110
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: On average would straight couples make better parents then gay couples?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Hmm...you might want to read what you just said here..."gay people in a straight relationship". Homosexuals in a straight relationship raising kids. Hmm...what does that say to you? That homosexuals have been raising kids?

    And CC's links does have dad/dad parents in them.
    Not the same as a gay couple at all. A homosexual in a straight relationship is not the same as the parallel child having two dads.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •