View Poll Results: Read the intro and vote accordingly

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    7 70.00%
  • no

    2 20.00%
  • Other

    1 10.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Banning Anti-War Protests

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    12-22-15 @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Banning Anti-War Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Radical Ron View Post
    My point was that it came from the dems not anything else.
    Care to show us how it came from the Dems?

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Banning Anti-War Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    okay, so you have no argument...
    Your refusal to read the information already laid in your lap is the problem here.

    Posture, taunt, and play this juvenile game all you like. I'll be right here whenever you decide to join the debate.

    Last edited by aquapub; 02-20-09 at 10:42 AM.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    12-22-15 @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Banning Anti-War Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Your refusal to read the information already laid in your lap is the problem here.

    Posture, taunt, and play this juvenile game all you like. I'll be right here whenever you decide to join the debate.

    Your link does not mention that the MAJORITY of liberals are gearing up for anything dealing with the FD. In fact your link shows that Obama DOES NOT SUPPORT it.

    Anymore "the sky is falling because of liberals" partisan tantrums you would like to throw?

  4. #24
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 02:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Banning Anti-War Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Your refusal to read the information already laid in your lap is the problem here.

    Posture, taunt, and play this juvenile game all you like. I'll be right here whenever you decide to join the debate.

    there's no debate to be joined. aquapub, you tend to state your overly generalized (or just plain wrong) conclusions, which border on the ridiculous, as facts.

    "liberals operate on emotional hysteria"

    "liberals are so much more prone to parroting propaganda"

    "Democrats can't get people to buy their books, listen to their radio, watch their TV, and they have to act like conservatives to scrape out razor thin majorities even during an unpopular war, with scandals"

    "Liberals avoid having to intellectually contend with the assertions of conservatives by parading around people we are not allowed to question"

    "Liberal books (partisan and non-partisan) almost always bomb."

    "Liberals are gearing up"

    you go about thinking things through, precisely backwards. typically, facts are used to support conclusions. I ask you for facts, in support of your conclusions, and you have none. so in response, you insult me instead. it would be easy to shut me down by supporting your conclusion with evidence. if you had any.

    good luck with all that. I'm telling you this as a friend.

    What is Evidence?

    Deductive reasoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by niftydrifty; 02-20-09 at 12:00 PM.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  5. #25
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,694

    Re: Banning Anti-War Protests

    Damn I misunderstood the question. I would have voted yes, it would have made him a fascist who tramples on free speech.


    No Lives Matter

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Banning Anti-War Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Your link does not mention that the MAJORITY of liberals are gearing up for anything dealing with the FD.
    Right, only the ones that have all the power. As Obama has thoroughly demonstrated, it does not matter one iota what the majority of Americans, or even Democrats want.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    In fact your link shows that Obama DOES NOT SUPPORT it.
    And Obama also didn't support lobbyists, partisanship, or corruption...until he surrounded himself with partisan attack dogs, tax cheats, and lobbyists while corrupting the Census Bureau for partisan gain and railroading sleazy socialist pork scams through Congress before anyone could read it.

    He's also contradicted everything he has claimed to stand for on the issues: gun rights, NAFTA, the Cuban embargo, a divided Jerusalem, race, Iran, telecomm immunity, Iraq, exploring for American energy supplies...virtually everything.

    So please spare me this "he said he opposes it, therefore he opposes it" smokescreen. This guy is a pathological liar of Orwellian proportions.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Anymore "the sky is falling because of liberals" partisan tantrums you would like to throw?
    As soon as I introduce one, this question will make sense.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Banning Anti-War Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    there's no debate to be joined. aquapub, you tend to state your overly generalized (or just plain wrong) conclusions, which border on the ridiculous...


    Fact: Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, Durbin, Kerry, Harkin...virtually the entire party leadership is clamoring for the "Fairness" Doctrine.

    Fact: Obama is bizarrely obssessed with those who dissent against him on talk radio and has a very long and frightening record of corrupt power grabs and silencing dissent.

    ...But because Obama, who is demonstrably a pathological liar about what he stands for on the issues, claimed not to support it only once Americans furiously protested enough, that makes any concern for the future of dissent in this country "ridiculous."

    Sorry I don't share your blind trust in corrupt partisan extremists who constantly lie and abuse their power.



    Your hilariously backwards pot-kettle (Obama-style) misrepresentation of me (the only person here actually operating on facts and evidence) as the one just making things up for some bitter partisan crusade will not pass for a legitimate counterpoint here.

    Try again.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  8. #28
    Student Radical Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL USA
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    209

    Re: Banning Anti-War Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post


    Fact: Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, Durbin, Kerry, Harkin...virtually the entire party leadership is clamoring for the "Fairness" Doctrine.

    Fact: Obama is bizarrely obssessed with those who dissent against him on talk radio and has a very long and frightening record of corrupt power grabs and silencing dissent.

    ...But because Obama, who is demonstrably a pathological liar about what he stands for on the issues, claimed not to support it only once Americans furiously protested enough, that makes any concern for the future of dissent in this country "ridiculous."

    Sorry I don't share your blind trust in corrupt partisan extremists who constantly lie and abuse their power.



    Your hilariously backwards pot-kettle (Obama-style) misrepresentation of me (the only person here actually operating on facts and evidence) as the one just making things up for some bitter partisan crusade will not pass for a legitimate counterpoint here.

    Try again.
    Nancy Pelosi looks like an evil chihuahua.
    You're despicable! - Daffy Duck

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Banning Anti-War Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by Radical Ron View Post
    Nancy Pelosi looks like an evil chihuahua.
    Depends on when you catch her. Sometimes she just looks like an ignorant terror-apologist chump.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  10. #30
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,178

    Re: Banning Anti-War Protests

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    If Bush would have tried to pass a law forcing private citizens protesting the war to hold up an equal number of pro-war signs as anti-war signs, thus negating their impact, on the logic that they are protesting on public property and are one-sided, would this make Bush a speech-trampling tyrant?

    Liberals are gearing up to do exactly that to conservative talk radio pundits, and only conservative talk radio pundits, while the actual news media, which is demonstrably overwhelmingly biased for Democrats, is left completely alone. It's called the "Fairness" Doctrine.

    This scam, perpetrated by the same people who misapply the 1st Amendment to defend flag-burning, porn, and NAMBLA's Rape and Escape manual, will be an even greater assault on the Constitution than the pork-payoffs and socialist power grabs railroaded through Congress by Obama under the incredibly sleazy guise of "stimulus."

    So, as stated above, the question is, would it have been an illegal assault on the Constitution for Bush to have imposed a "Fairness" Doctrine on private citizens protesting the war?
    I think forcing anyone to present a view they do not agree with is unconstitutional. Its called free speech not forced speech after all.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •