View Poll Results: Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think he is doing exactly what he said he would when he got into office.

    10 22.73%
  • Sort of. I think it may take him longer to do some things than I previously thought.

    13 29.55%
  • No, he hasn't done anything useful in office and I don't think he ever will.

    19 43.18%
  • Who's Obama?

    2 4.55%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

  1. #1
    Advisor DGomez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    09-21-11 @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    380

    Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

    Let's face it: no president ever fulfills all of their campaign promises. However, I would venture to argue that Obama dished out more promises than average.

    IMHO, he hasn't done much thus far. The only thing he has really done is put a cap on salaries in the White House. I find it amusing that the cap was higher than what anyone was actually making in the White House. But I digress.

    So what do you say? For those who like him: is he living up to your expectations? For those who don't: are your worst fears being realized?
    Last edited by DGomez; 02-17-09 at 04:33 AM.

  2. #2
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

    Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

    Quote Originally Posted by DGomez View Post
    no president ever fulfills all of their campaign promises.
    But I think as long as he tries to, I will assume that yes he is doing what he said ..

  3. #3
    Advisor DGomez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    09-21-11 @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    380

    Re: Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    But I think as long as he tries to, I will assume that yes he is doing what he said ..
    Well he hasn't really tried to do anything except pass FOCA. Normally I wouldn't care. That's a fairly average start for a president. However, he basically sold himself by listing off all the stuff he would do in the first 100 days of presidency.

  4. #4
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

    Quote Originally Posted by DGomez View Post
    Well he hasn't really tried to do anything except pass FOCA. Normally I wouldn't care. That's a fairly average start for a president. However, he basically sold himself by listing off all the stuff he would do in the first 100 days of presidency.
    what's the problem if he is doing his best ?
    that must make you Permissive about the period he said that he'll attempt to do that stuff.
    Last edited by Ahmed Shaheen; 02-17-09 at 05:04 AM.

  5. #5
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

    Quote Originally Posted by DGomez View Post
    So what do you say? For those who like him: is he living up to your expectations? For those who don't: are your worst fears being realized?
    too soon to tell. all I know for sure is that he gives me high blood pressure.

  6. #6
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    too soon to tell. all I know for sure is that he gives me high blood pressure.
    Agreed

  7. #7
    Student Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    01-30-17 @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    218

    Re: Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

    It's been what - a couple of weeks.

    He hasn't even had time to clean the drool stains off the desk in the oval office from his predecessor yet.
    my junk is ugly

  8. #8
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?



    That piece of ****! Impeach him!!!!
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

    Thus far I'm leaning towards no, but it is early. However some things, early or not, are clear.

    No lobbyists in his white house. This is a promise that was broke. There's really no two ways around it, you can't say "give it more time" because time isn't going to suddenly erase it. He said no lobbyists in his white house, he made it a campaign issue, he then put lobbyists in his white house.

    A change from politics as usual. We have new "ethics" reform in lobbyists in the executive that he talked about that, in typical Bush fashion, was filled with loopholes specifically to allow him to put in the people he still wanted to get in; and even then had to break those rules or bend them for some of them. That's politics as usual. Using fear to force through gigantic legislation because if we don't pass it NOW catastrophe will occur; that's politics as usual. Not condemning things when your party then comes out and completely ignores a prior agreement of 48 hours before the final vote and instead rushes it forward. That's politics as usual.

    Now, in a general thing, there's still time to see. In some ways he has kept his promise...he's gotten health care into the stimulus, some of his tax cuts seems to be included, etc.

    So in my mind, he's living up to some, failing on others, but still needs more time to get an over all view of it.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you think Obama is living up to his promises?

    None of the answers are correct for me. I think that Obama over-promised, and some promises will go unfulfilled entirely. Some things are things a President doesn't have complete power over.

    However, I don't think that there are an inordinate number of unfulfilled promises with him. And, most of the promises that have not yet been fulfilled I haven't expected that they would be, yet, anyway. So, it's not taking 'longer than I expected'.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •