View Poll Results: Do You Belive In Creationsm?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do - The Biblical version

    3 4.11%
  • Yes I do - "Intelligent Design" - God created everything

    9 12.33%
  • No - I believe in the Theory of Evolution (Darwinism)

    51 69.86%
  • None of the above - please explain

    10 13.70%
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 336

Thread: Do You Believe in Creationism?

  1. #281
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,368

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    I know that you are not anti-evolution, but I would like to point out that evolution has, in fact, been directly observed.

    Source [Ars Technica | Tracking adaptation as bacteria evolve]



    As a side note, this experiment aroused the ire of the always amusing Conservapedia, which proceeded to become a part of one of the most hilarious examples of actual experts spanking internet "experts" that I've ever seen. I would highly recommend reading Lenski's exchange with the site's founder
    OK, now that is just cool!
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #282
    Yuuuuge

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,064

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    And lest you accuse me further of fraud, I do not literally mean that we have unicorns in the lab. Rather, I am making a literary allusion.
    I doubt I'll find quite so effective a way of saying "you're an idiot" for a long, long time.

  3. #283
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Great, so facts do change. Thanks.
    Not to plagarize, but...

    Are you still not getting it?

    The fact is you had a dollar, this will never ever change. Just because today you do not have the same dollar is irrelevant to the fact that you did.

  4. #284
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Radical Ron View Post
    I believe in intelligent design, but that doesn't mean it had to be G-d. It could have been alien intelligence.
    G-d????
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #285
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,368

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    G-d????
    I'm going to guess that Radical Ron's probably Jewish, and by not putting in the vowel he's not taking the lord's name in vain.

    If I guessed wrong, Ron, I apologize.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #286
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I'm going to guess that Radical Ron's probably Jewish, and by not putting in the vowel he's not taking the lord's name in vain.

    If I guessed wrong, Ron, I apologize.
    Yeah, that always seemed strange to me. I mean, we all still know exactly who Ron is referring to. But hey, whatever works for you.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #287
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,368

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Yeah, that always seemed strange to me. I mean, we all still know exactly who Ron is referring to. But hey, whatever works for you.
    It's not that strange to me. It's a respect thing. I actually get it.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #288
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It's not that strange to me. It's a respect thing. I actually get it.
    I get the respect thing, I honestly do. My feelings are that God probably does not mind you saying his name if you are mentioning him. Ron wasn't cursing God or saying "God Dammit", he was merely mentioning the Lord. Anyway, I have no issue with it, I simply found it interesting.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #289
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,783

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Please attempt to follow the conversation before you join in, especially if your point is to be condescending.
    Umm I know exactly what you are saying and you are indeed wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    My conversation with Goobieman showed that Tucker Case's point that facts do not change was semi-inaccurate. Me having a dollar was a fact at the time and now it is not, which is a change of fact.
    It does not change the fact in any way. At that moment in time you had a dollar. This will never ever change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I say "semi" because from Tucker Case's mentality that fact that "I have a dollar" never actually existed as it was a temporary state of reality and not really a fact. To follow this though we must accept that nothing we say or do is indeed a fact until 100% hindsight is achieved.
    Give me a break, that is nothing but philosophical mental masturbation.

    Fact: You have a dollar at this moment in time.

    Fact: That moment in time is now passed and will never be different.

    We cannot change the past, period. So anything from the past which is a fact to begin with will never change. If it can change it was never a fact.


    No Lives Matter

  10. #290
    Student Radical Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL USA
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    209

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I'm going to guess that Radical Ron's probably Jewish, and by not putting in the vowel he's not taking the lord's name in vain.

    If I guessed wrong, Ron, I apologize.
    No, you are 100% correct. You are very smart and observant.

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •