View Poll Results: Do You Belive In Creationsm?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do - The Biblical version

    3 4.11%
  • Yes I do - "Intelligent Design" - God created everything

    9 12.33%
  • No - I believe in the Theory of Evolution (Darwinism)

    51 69.86%
  • None of the above - please explain

    10 13.70%
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 336

Thread: Do You Believe in Creationism?

  1. #261
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No.
    But not having a dollar today doesn't change the fact that you did have one yesterday.
    Great, so facts do change. Thanks.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  2. #262
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,741

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Great, so facts do change. Thanks.
    Are you still not getting it?

    The fact is you had a dollar, this will never ever change. Just because today you do not have the same dollar is irrelevant to the fact that you did.


    No Lives Matter

  3. #263
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Are you still not getting it?

    The fact is you had a dollar, this will never ever change. Just because today you do not have the same dollar is irrelevant to the fact that you did.
    Please attempt to follow the conversation before you join in, especially if your point is to be condescending.

    My conversation with Goobieman showed that Tucker Case's point that facts do not change was semi-inaccurate. Me having a dollar was a fact at the time and now it is not, which is a change of fact.

    I say "semi" because from Tucker Case's mentality that fact that "I have a dollar" never actually existed as it was a temporary state of reality and not really a fact. To follow this though we must accept that nothing we say or do is indeed a fact until 100% hindsight is achieved.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 02-16-09 at 05:53 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  4. #264
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    So nothing is a fact as we can never know what the fact really is since what we see today as fact can change tomorrow?
    Not even remotely close to what I said.

    I pointed out that the FACT involved the temporary nature of the event ("you have a dollar" relates only to the point in time at which it was spoken) Saying I have a dollar is not a permanent state nor does it imply having said dollar in the future.



    You say evolution is not a fact but it could be proven as a fact 100 years from now and thus your fact that evolution is not a fact is just a temporary state of reality as well.
    If you aren't going to actually pay attention to what I say, don't comment on it, gibberish.

    I said "It may, in fact, be a fact" in response to Goobieman right off the bat.

    If it is a fact, it is a fact and it would have always been a fact.

    If it is not a fact, then it is not a fact and it would have never been a fact.

    What we discover 100 years form now is totally irrelevant to teh veracity of evolution today.

    The "theory" of evolution may in fact, BE a fact, as I first said. What we discover in the future will not change this.



    And pot meet kettle:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Please attempt to follow the conversation before you join in, especially if your point is to be condescending.

    I quote you for your sake. Take the time to digest your own statements and self-apply them.



    My conversation with Goobieman showed that Tucker Case's point that facts do not change was semi-inaccurate. Me having a dollar was a fact at the time and now it is not, which is a change of fact.
    You fail to understand my positiona and you have yet to show my poits are innacurate. You've played word games and failed to provide a single logical support for your argument.

    In FACT, my position it 100% accurate. Facts do not change. This will be illustrated soon enough.


    I say "semi" because from Tucker Case's mentality that fact that "I have a dollar" never actually existed as it was a temporary state of reality and not really a fact. To follow this though we must accept that nothing we say or do is indeed a fact until 100% hindsight is achieved.
    I have a dollar is present tense pertaining to the moment it is speoken and nothing more.

    Let's say that you state "I have a dollar" right at this instant, what you are really saying is. "I have a dollar at 5:41 on Feb 16, 2009."

    It doesn't mean jack-**** if you give away the dollar three days from now, the FACT remains that you had a dollar at 5:41 on Feb 16, 2009.

    Reality may changes, but the FACT remains the same AND NEVER CHANGES.

    Another fact that is extant at 5:41 on Feb 16, 2009 is that you will continue to HAVE said dollar until such time as it leaves your possession, at which point the fact will be that you do NOT have said dollar.

    Explain to me how on Earth these fact can change simply because at some later time you give the dollar away? Would you NOT have had the dollar at 5:41 on Feb 16, 2009 if that happens?

    Of course not. Because facts CAN'T CHANGE.

    It is the truth regardless of what happens later, word games aside.

    Now, without playing word games (tense shifting, etc), please show me a single example of a fact that has ever, in the history of mankind, changed.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #265
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Have you seen The Matrix?

    Knowledge gained thru obervation is not knowledge, it is inference.
    And assuming that The Matrix is actually just a movie then evolution is the best we have to go with and the most likely explanation for the origin of species.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  6. #266
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Great, so facts do change. Thanks.
    What fact changes? You had a dollar on Feb 15 2009. (Which was today, yesterday)

    Giving the dollar away doesn't change that fact. You will ALWAYS have had that dollar on Feb 15, 2009.

    Saying today doesn't make it accurate. Today is an amorphous idea representing the current day.

    Saying "I have a dollar today" literally means "I have a dollar on Feb 16, 2009". It doesn't imply anything more than that.


    Stop playing word games.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #267
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    And assuming that The Matrix is actually just a movie then evolution is the best we have to go with and the most likely explanation for the origin of species.
    Have you ever considered that it COULD all be an illusion?

    After all, if YOU do not exist, nothing exists. To you I mean..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  8. #268
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What fact changes? You had a dollar on Feb 15. (Which was today, yesterday)

    Giving the dollar away doesn't change that fact.

    Saying today doesn't make it accurate. Today is an amorphous idea representing the current day.

    Saying "I have a dollar today" literally means "I have a dollar on Feb 16, 2009". It doesn't imply anything more than that.


    Stop playing word games.
    Awww, but what can we infer from that? If he does indeed have a dollar it must have come from somewhere correct? Its likely he has a job and worked for his money at some prior time. It's very unlikely that the dollar was magicked into his hand by a bearded man in the sky.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  9. #269
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Have you ever considered that it COULD all be an illusion?

    After all, if YOU do not exist, nothing exists. To you I mean..
    You know it's getting a little ****ed up. The likelihood of that possibility is very slim. I'll go with what I can observe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  10. #270
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Awww, but what can we infer from that? If he does indeed have a dollar it must have come from somewhere correct? Its likely he has a job and worked for his money at some prior time. It's very unlikely that the dollar was magicked into his hand by a bearded man in the sky.
    He might have found it, begged for it, stole it, or any number of other things.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •