View Poll Results: Do You Belive In Creationsm?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do - The Biblical version

    3 4.11%
  • Yes I do - "Intelligent Design" - God created everything

    9 12.33%
  • No - I believe in the Theory of Evolution (Darwinism)

    51 69.86%
  • None of the above - please explain

    10 13.70%
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 336

Thread: Do You Believe in Creationism?

  1. #251
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    That is not necessarily a fact.
    You may think you hve $1 in your hands, but you may very well not.
    But, ignoring that...
    I accepted a $1 bill from a cashier, carried the dollar bill in my pocket for a week, pulled it our of my wallet, and literally handed it to another person. That whole time I never actually had a $1 dollar bill in my hands?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You HAD a dollar bill. Past tense.
    But the fact that I have a dollar has now changed to "had". Which goes against Tucker's claim that "There are no changes of fact.".
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  2. #252
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I accepted a $1 bill from a cashier, carried the dollar bill in my pocket for a week, pulled it our of my wallet, and literally handed it to another person. That whole time I never actually had a $1 dollar bill in my hands?
    Have you seen The Matrix?

    Knowledge gained thru obervation is not knowledge, it is inference.

    But the fact that I have a dollar has now changed to "had". Which goes against Tucker's claim that "There are no changes of fact.".
    That you gave the $ to someone doesn't change the fact that you did all those other things with that $.

    Now, if the $ wasnt really there, it means that the 'fact' that you did all those things with that $ are not actually facts.

  3. #253
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Have you seen The Matrix?

    Knowledge gained thru obervation is not knowledge, it is inference.

    Now, if the $ wasnt really there, it means that the 'fact' that you did all those things with that $ are not actually facts.
    All of this is moot if you are going to take the cop-out that we and everything we do is just some illusion and not facts.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 02-16-09 at 04:14 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  4. #254
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    All of this is moot if you are going to take the cop-out that we and everything we do is just some illusion and not facts.
    And your statement, above, donent address my response to your illustratiuon:

    That you gave the $ to someone -doesn't- change the fact that you did all those other things with that $.

    Now...
    Not having actually HAD the $ WOULD change the fact that you did all those other things with that $ -- in fact, it would mean that doing those things was NOT a fact.

  5. #255
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    But the fact that I have a dollar has now changed to "had". Which goes against Tucker's claim that "There are no changes of fact.".
    If you have a dollar, the real fact is not that "you have a dollar" it is really that "You have a dollar until such time as you no longer have a dollar".

    The fact is that possesion of said dllar is temporary, not permanent.

    Giving away said dollar does not alter the fact because the full fact includes the temporary nature of said fact.

    In essence, facts do not change. Reality can change, but true facts will already take that into account.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #256
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    That you gave the $ to someone -doesn't- change the fact that you did all those other things with that $.
    So does the fact that I have a dollar change when I give my last dollar to someone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Now...
    Not having actually HAD the $ WOULD change the fact that you did all those other things with that $ -- in fact, it would mean that doing those things was NOT a fact.
    You can't change the scenario to make your point. As I said, I did HAVE a dollar.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  7. #257
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If you have a dollar, the real fact is not that "you have a dollar" it is really that "You have a dollar until such time as you no longer have a dollar".

    The fact is that possesion of said dllar is temporary, not permanent.

    Giving away said dollar does not alter the fact because the full fact includes the temporary nature of said fact.

    In essence, facts do not change. Reality can change, but true facts will already take that into account.
    So nothing is a fact as we can never know what the fact really is since what we see today as fact can change tomorrow?

    You say evolution is not a fact but it could be proven as a fact 100 years from now and thus your fact that evolution is not a fact is just a temporary state of reality as well.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  8. #258
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    So does the fact that I have a dollar change when I give my last dollar to someone else?
    It means you no longer have that dollar.
    It doesnt mean you didn't have the dollar.

    You're asking me if the fact that your eyes are now closed changes the fact that your eyes were open before you closed them. The answer is no.

    You can't change the scenario to make your point. As I said, I did HAVE a dollar.
    I was using that as an example of what would change the 'fact' that you had a dollar.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 02-16-09 at 04:39 PM.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    It means you no longer have that dollar.
    It doesnt mean you didn't have the dollar.
    So if I no longer have a dollar would you say it is still a fact that "I have a dollar"?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  10. #260
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    So if I no longer have a dollar would you say it is still a fact that "I have a dollar"?
    No.
    But not having a dollar today doesn't change the fact that you did have one yesterday.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •