View Poll Results: Do You Belive In Creationsm?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do - The Biblical version

    3 4.11%
  • Yes I do - "Intelligent Design" - God created everything

    9 12.33%
  • No - I believe in the Theory of Evolution (Darwinism)

    51 69.86%
  • None of the above - please explain

    10 13.70%
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 336

Thread: Do You Believe in Creationism?

  1. #171
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post


    Whatever you say, champ.
    If you think written human history and human theories is the same thing, then it really is whatever I say, being a champ..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #172
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    There's no such thing as "creationism" or "evolutionism", it's only species that Chuck Norris lets live

  3. #173
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Really? Thats what you think mr Spinmaster. You havent been right about one single thing in a discussion with me, but if it makes you feel better to spin to convince yourself you are right, then so be it.. I take looks and revisions at myself all the time, you never seem to do so, please take a good look at yourself.. Good luck.. Now you are at ignore, you have absolutely no intelligent input to bring to any discussion.

    Congrats, you were second to Hatuey.
    I love how you say that you look at yourself and make changes yet you ignore everyone who points out your errors. And yes I know you'll read this even though you have me on ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  4. #174
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    I love how you say that you look at yourself and make changes yet you ignore everyone who points out your errors. And yes I know you'll read this even though you have me on ignore.
    In their opinions its errors, because their way at looking at it is flawed and far too simplistic.. Anyways, how does this have anything to do with topic?

    Lucky guess. I did read it. Unworthy and unnecessary to read really. Just continue with your harassment and stalking me around this forum all you want, eventually I will not unshade one single of your comments.

    Naive as I am I thought you had something useful to input in this discussion..
    Last edited by Maximus Zeebra; 02-14-09 at 02:50 PM.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #175
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,614

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    This is true and the universe is believed to be 8 to 12 billion years old

    Equate in the fact that life on earth had to start over at least 3 times because of large meteor impacts we should have been much farther in evolution

    Because of the probability of some planets with life out there that did not have a catastrophic event and start over, there are likely beings out there at least two billion years ahead of us in evolution and technology
    There are a lot of variables to be considered. Our sun is a third-generation star, it's formed of the elements cast off from the death of other stars. If you're talking civilizations that evolved around first-generation stars, certainly they would be billions of years ahead of anything that we could imagine, assuming they still existed.

    Our own evolution never required life to "start over", only to go off in new directions. We had one collision with another planet which blew Earth apart and caused the formation of the moon, but because life never existed on Earth at all at that point, it never "started over". We've also suffered at least two major asteroid impacts, but neither wiped out life completely. We've also had one "big freeze" and one "big burn" which also decimated life worldwide, but again didn't entirely wipe it out. In fact, most of these disasters have had a direct impact on humanity, in our specific form, coming into existence to begin with. Had we not had the impact 65 million years ago, for instance, that wiped out the dinosaurs and made mammalian evolution to a dominant lifeform possible, we very well might be reptiles typing away on the equivalent of keyboards today.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  6. #176
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,614

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You believe it is a fact.
    That you believe it to be a fact does not make it so.
    No, it is a fact. It is undenable, given the overwhelming weight of evidence, that life evolves. We see it every single day. Precisely how it evolves and what mechanisms are involved in that evolution may be questionable, but the fact that evolution occurs is not.

    That's like saying that people only believe gravity is a fact.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  7. #177
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,614

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    As for that being the reality is unknown. For all we know advanced human(or human like) civilizations could have existed on earth long before 10000 bc.
    Ooh, in Atlantis, I bet!
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  8. #178
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,614

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Because written history from other human beings says so. Not speculation from todays human beings based on how things are today and assumptions based on how things are today and how society then must have been before.
    How do you know when these accounts were written? The only way we have of accurately dating these accounts is radiometric and as soon as you accept radiometric dating, then you have to accept all the other things that radiometric dating shows us about human civilization.

    Or didn't you understand that part?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  9. #179
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,756

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    My point was I said Einstein believed in intelligent design and he did.
    I can see why you stopped participating after page 5, your so out of your depth.

    Paul.
    Europe is in the midst of disaster, only, they do not realize.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    There are a lot of variables to be considered. Our sun is a third-generation star, it's formed of the elements cast off from the death of other stars. If you're talking civilizations that evolved around first-generation stars, certainly they would be billions of years ahead of anything that we could imagine, assuming they still existed.

    Our own evolution never required life to "start over", only to go off in new directions. We had one collision with another planet which blew Earth apart and caused the formation of the moon, but because life never existed on Earth at all at that point, it never "started over". We've also suffered at least two major asteroid impacts, but neither wiped out life completely. We've also had one "big freeze" and one "big burn" which also decimated life worldwide, but again didn't entirely wipe it out. In fact, most of these disasters have had a direct impact on humanity, in our specific form, coming into existence to begin with. Had we not had the impact 65 million years ago, for instance, that wiped out the dinosaurs and made mammalian evolution to a dominant lifeform possible, we very well might be reptiles typing away on the equivalent of keyboards today.
    There are current studies that show how the entire path of evolution is still mapped in our genes. This is for every species for that matter.

    Under examination of the early stages after fertilization of an egg for example, you can see the early stages where humans had a tail, birds had teeth etc. and the gene evolution goes through fast mutating stages during early embrionic phases mapped in.

    It is believed that they may find a way to stop these early mutations at an early stage and actually grow an early representative for each species at different levels of evolution....
    Last edited by creativedreams; 02-14-09 at 04:03 PM.

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •