View Poll Results: Do You Belive In Creationsm?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do - The Biblical version

    3 4.11%
  • Yes I do - "Intelligent Design" - God created everything

    9 12.33%
  • No - I believe in the Theory of Evolution (Darwinism)

    51 69.86%
  • None of the above - please explain

    10 13.70%
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 336

Thread: Do You Believe in Creationism?

  1. #91
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    When the ball of gases first solidified
    Also assumption.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #92
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra
    I assume you take into consideration all the guesses or theories they use as base assumption to make the assumptions about the age of the earth.
    Their assumptions are not guesses. They are observed scientific facts such as the nuclear half life of uranium used in radiometric dating. A scientist knows for a fact how long it will take uranium to become lead. He then compares the amount of lead to the amount of uranium in a sample and determines the age of the sample.

    How about the big bang in the first place? How did they "prove" that? By looking into a telescope and assuming the movements of lights and planets and assumed explosion and end result to "predict" the creation of the universe as seen in our own narrow perspectives?
    Yes, they do use the information they can observe, but they are not "assuming" the movements of lights and planets. They observed how fast they are moving and came to a logical conclusion on what caused them to move. The Big Bang is their best hypothesis so far on why the universe acts as it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  3. #93
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,968

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I am saying approximately the human race has been civilized and somewhat intelligent for 5000 years. Even if its 10.000 years at best, it doesnt really matter. The height of our intelligence has been the last few hundred years, and the hight of that again perhaps the last 30 years.
    You say that we cannot know how long ago the Earth formed, yet you presume to know how long human civilization has been around. How do you arrive at your numbers?
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

  4. #94
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    And WE want to start talking about how old the earth is and even the universe as if that was facts, thats ridiculous and the height of human idiocy, when really all we do is wildly speculate, based on a numbers of theories of factors that aren't even definite.
    Nuclear half lifes are definite.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  5. #95
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    This is because global warming has many affecting factors to equate...like predicting the weather when there are many factors to equate
    Thats exactly what I am trying to say.. We know nothing about the factors of the last 4.5 billion years. We only assume things and theories on factors of the past that we as a human species have lived, and can only manage to establish some of them as definite facts. Then how many factors are we blindly overlooking when we try to assume thing about billions or trillions of years?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Also assumption.
    As the planets in our solarsystem cooled and solidified the solar winds from the sun which had drawn the gases to orbit in the first place had blown the atmospheres off the nearest planets and this is why the farther you get from the sun the thicker the atmospheres the planets have

  7. #97
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Thats exactly what I am trying to say.. We know nothing about the factors of the last 4.5 billion years. We only assume things and theories on factors of the past that we as a human species have lived, and can only manage to establish some of them as definite facts. Then how many factors are we blindly overlooking when we try to assume thing about billions or trillions of years?
    You completely left out the part of his post where he explains that "Dating a rock is much simpler
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  8. #98
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    As the planets in our solarsystem cooled and solidified the solar winds from the sun which had drawn the gases to orbit in the first place had blown the atmospheres off the nearest planets and this is why the farther you get from the sun the thicker the atmospheres the planets have

  9. #99
    Advisor hackster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 10:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    388

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    several hours worth of seminars which dispute the "theory" of evolution-

    Creation Science Evangelism | Browsing Media Categories

  10. #100
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Do You Believe in Creationism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You say that we cannot know how long ago the Earth formed, yet you presume to know how long human civilization has been around. How do you arrive at your numbers?
    I just make assumptions based on the history of our civilization? I didnt say its how long we have been around, but approximately how long we have been intelligent and civilized.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •