View Poll Results: 2-part question. See OP. Please explain your answer.

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - No

    15 83.33%
  • No - Yes

    0 0%
  • Yes - No

    0 0%
  • Yes - Yes

    3 16.67%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 136

Thread: If you are fighting...

  1. #101
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,968

    Re: If you are fighting...

    By the way, the mujaheddin Reagan labeled "freedom fighters" were led by Ahmad Shah Massoud, who fought the Taliban in Afghanistan, too, and was eventually assassinated by bin Laden on their behalf.

    So, if the "mujaheddin" are all the same, as you say, shouldn't they have been bestest buddies?

    (Oh, and there's no literal, official transliteration of the word, so don't bother trying to correct my spelling.)
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

  2. #102
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: If you are fighting...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I know. And, its pretty much the basis for you Mujahadeen = Taliban arugment.
    No, there was a second argument:
    Mujahideen means "Jihadist " in Arabic
    Talibans are "Jihadists"
    = Talibans are Mujahideen


    Factually and logically flawed, rendering your conclusion unsound.
    The point of debating is trying to show why the other's posts are "logically flawed"

    It's not just about saying "you're wrong"

  3. #103
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: If you are fighting...

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Reagan is just an example to show that the USA & the Western world have supported fundamentalist Islamists and called them "freedom fighters"
    You continue to fail to understand that you being a "freedom fighter" isnt determined by who does or does not refer to you as such.

  4. #104
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: If you are fighting...

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    The point of debating is trying to show why the other's posts are "logically flawed" It's not just about saying "you're wrong"
    I did that. You havent responded.

  5. #105
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,364

    Re: If you are fighting...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You continue to fail to understand that you being a "freedom fighter" isnt determined by who does or does not refer to you as such.
    I agree with this statement 100%. I think the same is true regarding "terrorist". There are preconditions that must be met in order to warrant each label. These preconditions are not subjective, so the fact that one group labels them in any direction means nothing.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #106
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,968

    Re: If you are fighting...

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    No, there was a second argument:
    Mujahideen means "Jihadist " in Arabic
    Talibans are "Jihadists"
    = Talibans are Mujahideen
    The Brits have MI5 for their internal secret service.

    The Nazis had the Geheime Staatspolizei for their internal secret service.

    MI5 = the Gestapo?
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

  7. #107
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: If you are fighting...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    The Brits have MI5 for their internal secret service.
    The Nazis had the Geheime Staatspolizei for their internal secret service.
    MI5 = the Gestapo?
    And, the Boy Scouts = Nazis.

  8. #108
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,968

    Re: If you are fighting...

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Why?
    Because Reagan wasn't talking about the Taliban. (See my post above.)
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

  9. #109
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: If you are fighting...

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Mujahideen means "Jihadist " in Arabic
    Talibans are "Jihadists"
    = Talibans are Mujahideen
    muhajadeen - generic term
    Mujahadeen - specific term
    Taliban - specific term

    You are arging that because the Taliban are mujahadeen, they are then also the Muhajadeen.

    See the flaw?

  10. #110
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: If you are fighting...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    The Brits have MI5 for their internal secret service.

    The Nazis had the Geheime Staatspolizei for their internal secret service.

    MI5 = the Gestapo?
    No, because Mujahideen is a more generic term.

    The Brits have secret service
    The Nazis had the Gestapo

    Gestapo = secret service

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •