View Poll Results: Should this human try to be God?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 33.33%
  • No

    9 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Should I Become God?

  1. #31
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Seen
    11-06-10 @ 11:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Should I Become God?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    The above quote from you gives me the impression that you actually mean should you "play" God and go and kill innocent people and change their and their families lives forever...please enlighten me on what you are about
    There is a problem with a technology that we are currently using, and I do not believe there is an end in sight. This is a problem that I know other people have seen, and those people are mostly in acedemia right now.

    I believe that people such as me who have previously approached this problem were identified and bought out by groups of people that currently profit from the system as it currently exists (none of these people are in any government, by the way).

    I am creating my own existence as the solution to this problem. I see my life as unique to an extent that I believe no one else exists with the same opportunity I have been given. I have learned a method by which I am able to play God with my own brain, and I am using it to mold my existence into the thing I believe humans (myself included) need to solve this.

    If I am wrong, the only danger is in being the fool. If I am right, this will allow us to remain human without stopping technological development. I have chosen to have faith in other humans to kill me if I should become a thing that hurts us more than helps us.

  2. #32
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Should I Become God?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
    There is a problem with a technology that we are currently using, and I do not believe there is an end in sight. This is a problem that I know other people have seen, and those people are mostly in acedemia right now.

    I believe that people such as me who have previously approached this problem were identified and bought out by groups of people that currently profit from the system as it currently exists (none of these people are in any government, by the way).

    I am creating my own existence as the solution to this problem. I see my life as unique to an extent that I believe no one else exists with the same opportunity I have been given. I have learned a method by which I am able to play God with my own brain, and I am using it to mold my existence into the thing I believe humans (myself included) need to solve this.

    If I am wrong, the only danger is in being the fool. If I am right, this will allow us to remain human without stopping technological development. I have chosen to have faith in other humans to kill me if I should become a thing that hurts us more than helps us.
    Dude... no offense, but you need to go back on your meds.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should I Become God?

    I have a hard time picturing God lacking any mental or emotional stability to speak of.

  4. #34
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Seen
    11-06-10 @ 11:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Should I Become God?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I have a hard time picturing God lacking any mental or emotional stability to speak of.
    I see it as something to evolve into - not something to be by virtue of existence alone.

    I am not yet this thing.

    Also, I believe that once I start solving this problem, I will become the object of many would-be mentors and lobbyists with an intelligence at least as unique as my own. When those men and women approach me, I need the convictions of a zealot to resist their offers.
    Last edited by FreeThinker; 02-11-09 at 04:17 PM.

  5. #35
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Seen
    11-06-10 @ 11:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Should I Become God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes Jesus was looking at the big picture, our spiritual salvation. The physical world and Mary were not in any way colateral damage.

    Good works do not count for much, but they are the right thing to do. Giving a laptop to your neighbor is not something Jesus would do according to scripture. If they were hungry, he would give them food.

    It almost sounds like the OP has not learned the difference between want and need. It also does not appear he understands the difference between helping your fellow man or just looking like a self absorbed jerk.
    I see things that family can do with a laptop and an internet connection that will have a positive effect on their lives. The mother could work at home while taking care of their 5 children. The children can read their PDF textbooks without the need to spend hundreds of dollars. It is the power to change their existence if they choose to use it. I see it as just as important as food or water to a happy life.

    And everything I just said is justification for playing God with the lives of other people. It is something I believe is done internally by many, many people. I seek to make it external without destroying it.
    Last edited by FreeThinker; 02-11-09 at 04:33 PM.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Should I Become God?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
    I see it as something to evolve into - not something to be by virtue of existence alone.

    I am not yet this thing.

    Also, I believe that once I start solving this problem, I will become the object of many would-be mentors and lobbyists with an intelligence at least as unique as my own. When those men and women approach me, I need the convictions of a zealot to resist their offers.
    exactly what technology is the problem?

  7. #37
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Seen
    11-06-10 @ 11:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Should I Become God?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    exactly what technology is the problem?
    I honestly don't know if answering that question is ethical right now.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Should I Become God?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
    I see things that family can do with a laptop and an internet connection that will have a positive effect on their lives. The mother could work at home while taking care of their 5 children. The children can read their PDF textbooks without the need to spend hundreds of dollars. It is the power to change their existence if they choose to use it. I see it as just as important as food or water to a happy life.

    And everything I just said is justification for playing God with the lives of other people. It is something I believe is done internally by many, many people. I seek to make it external without destroying it.
    How would you make it external?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •