View Poll Results: Do you agree with the statement?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    29 54.72%
  • No

    24 45.28%
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 399

Thread: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

  1. #291
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I think fighting against soldiers who invaded can in some cases be classified as freedom fighting when its the soldiers that are the targets. You don't.
    So, the Nazis that resisted the US/UK/French occupation forces after WW2were freedom fighters.
    Roger. Thanks.

  2. #292
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-17-16 @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, the Nazis that resisted the US/UK/French occupation forces after WW2were freedom fighters.
    Roger. Thanks.
    You're comparing that to Iraq? Gotcha.

  3. #293
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    You're comparing that to Iraq? Gotcha.
    I'm sorry... you stated that "[those] fighting against soldiers who invaded can in some cases be classified as freedom fighting when its the soldiers that are the targets".

    Under your argument, were the Nazis that resisted the US/UK/French
    occupation forces freedom fighters, or not?

    If not, why not?

  4. #294
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-17-16 @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'm sorry... you stated that "[those] fighting against soldiers who invaded can in some cases be classified as freedom fighting when its the soldiers that are the targets".
    And i was clearly implying Iraq with my previous comments

  5. #295
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    And i was clearly implying Iraq with my previous comments
    You didn't answer the question. Your unwillingness to do so is telling.

    Under your argument, were the Nazis that resisted the US/UK/French
    occupation forces freedom fighters, or not?

    If not, why not?

  6. #296
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-17-16 @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Under your argument, were the Nazis that resisted the US/UK/French
    occupation forces freedom fighters, or not?
    Not really, If anything it was UK/US/France fighting for freedom.

    The war was justified in the fact that it was provoked, it was Hitler who chose to take it that step further and the big 3 were responding.

  7. #297
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Do you agree? Why? Why not?
    Yes. And I'd add that "terrorism" is when they fail/haven't succeeded yet. When they succeed, history calls them "revolutionaries" or something like that.

  8. #298
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Not really, If anything it was UK/US/France fighting for freedom.
    You are dodging.
    How, exactly, does the Nazi resistance ---not--- meet your definition of "freedom fighters"?
    Last edited by Goobieman; 02-10-09 at 11:43 AM.

  9. #299
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,004

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Not really, If anything it was UK/US/France fighting for freedom.
    We still are.

    The war was justified in the fact that it was provoked, it was Hitler who chose to take it that step further and the big 3 were responding.

    So was this one(s).


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  10. #300
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, the Nazis that resisted the US/UK/French occupation forces after WW2were freedom fighters.
    Roger. Thanks.
    How many nazis have resisted after WWII?

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •