View Poll Results: Do you agree with the statement?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    29 54.72%
  • No

    24 45.28%
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 399

Thread: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Ironic that you would use that term.
    Why do you find that ironic?

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    I don't know. Saudis seem quite happy. You are an outsider looking in, you see things differently then they do. They would rather have an oppressive theocracy then, an unstable country, or a group of Christians debasing their religion.
    Yes, I'm sure women love walking around with their entire bodies covered and not being allowed to drive or go anywhere alone.

    Yes, those mean ole nasty Christians are much more oppressive than muslim society.

    That's funny.

  3. #153
    Educator
    moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cebu Rep of the Philippines
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So you are saying that you cannot be a terrorist and a freedom fighter at the same time? I disagree.
    The problem arises when you have people claiming to be freedom fighters and every time you say ok lets sit down and work out a workable solution they respond by blowing something up insuring the talks will fail. These particular brand of freedom fighters want their freedom at the expense of removing another's peoples freedom.

    Moe

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    What they want is the "freedom" to instill their brand of oppressive rule. Actual freedom for the people they claim to represent is a myth.

  5. #155
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,688

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    Why do you find that ironic?
    Our FF had slaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Our FF had slaves.
    Yes, they did. However, their ideals that produced the US Constitution led to the eradiation of slavery.

  7. #157
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,688

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    Yes, they did. However, their ideals that produced the US Constitution led to the eradiation of slavery.
    For you to be consistent in your logic here you'll have to give the terrorists a 100 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  8. #158
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    09-26-12 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    Yes, I'm sure women love walking around with their entire bodies covered and not being allowed to drive or go anywhere alone.

    Yes, those mean ole nasty Christians are much more oppressive than muslim society.

    That's funny.
    You should do a bit of research before you decide what Muslim women think about their culture:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/28/in.../28hughes.html

    Sept. 27 - The audience - 500 women covered in black at a Saudi university - seemed an ideal place for Karen P. Hughes, a senior Bush administration official charged with spreading the American message in the Muslim world, to make her pitch.
    ============
    "The general image of the Arab woman is that she isn't happy," one audience member said. "Well, we're all pretty happy." The room, full of students, faculty members and some professionals, resounded with applause.

    BBC NEWS | Middle East | My life in Saudi: Rosana

    Saudi Arabian Women Dispel Myths and Stereotypes


    I think your problem is that you are trying to put your synthetic ideals of happiness, and seeing how they fair in another environment and it turns out negatively becuase it is something you are not used to.
    I am writing an academic paper on happiness; as there is a truly remarkable system in which humans create happiness, even in the most dramatic/traumatic of situations.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  9. #159
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by George VI View Post
    Freedom Fighter, to me is a left leaning biased word used by left leaning media. Communism has always advocated emancipation, and freedom from the bourgeois society and transitioning into a classless society. Lenin, Mao, and Castro are commonly labelled as sorts of Freedom Fighters, but are they really? They purged millions of men, women and even children because they were 'counterrevolutionary" or just because they criticised the Government. They led their respective nations into poverty, war and famine, instead of bringing in freedom, they instead suppressed their people.

    Freedom Fighter is just a term used by Left leaning people in order to make people such as Lenin, Mao and Castro seem like an acceptable person, and that their actions were justified.

    I'd call all three of them Terrorists, actually, I'd call them tyrants.
    Freedom fighter is a term used to describe someone fighting for freedom from something. Don't waste your time trying to turn this into a partisan issue.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #160
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    What they want is the "freedom" to instill their brand of oppressive rule. Actual freedom for the people they claim to represent is a myth.
    That is what everyone who has ever led a resistance in the history of mankind has wanted. They break free and either flee to another locale or usurp those in powers, setting up their own form of government.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •