View Poll Results: What is the least biased news outlet?

Voters
1103. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABC

    106 9.61%
  • CBS

    104 9.43%
  • CNN

    482 43.70%
  • FOX News

    340 30.83%
  • NBC/MSNBC

    71 6.44%
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 242

Thread: What is the least biased news outlet?

  1. #161
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: What is the least biased news outlet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not too far of a jump from thinking Stewart and Colbert are "news" to thinking the Onion is actual news.
    Anyone who watches/listens to/reads any one of the "mainstream" news outlets for actual "unbiased" news, is, well, not very well-informed.....let's just leave it at that. Therefore; I choose to watch/listen more for the entertainment value, and I find The Onion to be quite entertaining indeed!
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: What is the least biased news outlet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I should watch BBC more often I guess. The last time I did, ( I forget why) but I got the impression they were leaning left.
    Well, I suppose that just by nature they're a bit more to the left than most American outlets, as the entirety of Europe is more to the left than America is. But the point, I feel, is that they don't TRY to spin things to the left or to the right -- there's no ulterior political motive to debase either the left or the right, and they atleast try to be fair to all parties encountred. While they may feel that a subject like abortion, which in Europe is considered something of a non-issue, is something of a ridiculous talking point and thus they'll seem to lean more pro-Choice, they'll do it in a manner that presents both opinions on the subject, and then leaves the reader to make up their mind -- whereas MSNBC will be blatantly pro-Choice, and FOX will be blatantly pro-Life.

  3. #163
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is the least biased news outlet?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    probably because tax dollars support them. They are leftwing shills
    Very little of their support comes from the government. Most of it is from listener donations.

    I think the big problem is that the public and some TV people don't know the difference between opinion/commentary and news. Commmentary shows such as Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, Olberman are biased and shouldn't pretend to be otherwise. News should be strictly facts and therefore have no bias. Asking a tough question that is difficult for someone to answer, such as, "name a Supreme Court decision with which you disagree," is not bias.
    Last edited by Layla_Z; 11-24-10 at 01:47 PM.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  4. #164
    Advisor Badfish420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    MA, USA
    Last Seen
    07-18-11 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    411

    Re: What is the least biased news outlet?

    you cant group NBC and MSNBC into one. NBC is a genuine unbias news outlet while MSNBC has a clear leaning, though they make no effort to make it out as 'fair and balanced' which is respectable, kinda a bunch of dicks though

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What is the least biased news outlet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badfish420 View Post
    you cant group NBC and MSNBC into one. NBC is a genuine unbias news outlet while MSNBC has a clear leaning, though they make no effort to make it out as 'fair and balanced' which is respectable, kinda a bunch of dicks though
    NBC not biased? I disagree. Besides, total objectivity/inability to be biased is impossible.

  6. #166
    Advisor Badfish420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    MA, USA
    Last Seen
    07-18-11 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    411

    Re: What is the least biased news outlet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    NBC not biased? I disagree. Besides, total objectivity/inability to be biased is impossible.
    it all depends on how you interpret it. in my personal experience with NBC, they report the news, facts. you might have seen something different i dont know.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What is the least biased news outlet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badfish420 View Post
    it all depends on how you interpret it. in my personal experience with NBC, they report the news, facts. you might have seen something different i dont know.
    Do you think NBC purposely witholds certain issues?

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: What is the least biased news outlet?

    According to a Harvard Professor...
    HARVARD PROF: "Fox News LEAST Biased" (here's the proof...)
    The Media Sectors | Project for Excellence in Journalism (PEJ)
    The programming studied on Fox News offered a somewhat more positive picture of Republicans and more negative one of Democrats compared with other media outlets. Fox News stories about a Republican candidate were most likely to be neutral (47%), with the remainder more positive than negative (32% vs. 21% negative). The bulk of that positive coverage went to Giuliani (44% positive), while McCain still suffered from unflattering coverage (20% positive vs. 35% negative).

    When it came to Democratic candidates, the picture was more negative. Again, neutral stories had a slight edge (39%), followed by 37% negative and 24% positive. And, in marked contrast from the rest of the media, coverage of Obama was twice as negative as positive: 32% negative vs. 16% positive and 52% neutral.

    But any sense here that the news channel was uniformly positive about Republicans or negative about Democrats is not manifest in the data.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-25-11 @ 05:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    464

    Re: What is the least biased news outlet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    We all know FOX News leans to the right and NBC/MSNBC leans to the left.
    No, Fox News does not "lean to the right" - it is blatant propaganda. And NBC/MSNBC leans toward center-right Democrats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    So my question is, which of the major US TV media outlets do you consider to be the least biased?
    There are no major US TV media outlets that I would say still practice journalism. There are individuals in some organizations that do, but there are no complete large-scale institutions that are still journalistic: They have been annihilated by corporate consolidation and the internet-driven triumph of quantity over quality.

  10. #170
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,800
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What is the least biased news outlet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    No, Fox News does not "lean to the right" - it is blatant propaganda. And NBC/MSNBC leans toward center-right Democrats.



    There are no major US TV media outlets that I would say still practice journalism. There are individuals in some organizations that do, but there are no complete large-scale institutions that are still journalistic: They have been annihilated by corporate consolidation and the internet-driven triumph of quantity over quality.
    Ok, I'll give you a little nibble. Got proof that FOX News is propoganda (and keep in mind I have evidence to prove that MSNBC is propoganda). And if MSNBC is "center-right" democrat, then I'm Ghengis Khan.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •