View Poll Results: Free grand slam today?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 14.29%
  • No

    14 66.67%
  • WTF? WHY WASN'T I INFORMED!?!

    4 19.05%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Anyone get a free Grand Slam today?

  1. #31
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: Anyone get a free Grand Slam today?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Incorrect assertion. Notice each of my posts. There is a qualifying sentence prior to the WHY WASN'T I INFORMED?!!! Your "WTF?" was also a qualifying sentence, because of the "?". Now, if you had used a comma, instead, and kept everything to one sentence, you would have a leg to stand on in Patent Court. However, because of your punctuation failure, you do not.

    My compensation is equivalent to Obama's bailout package. I accept all major credit cards and Pay Pal.
    You forgot to put © or ® after each instance. It becomes community property after that because it is assumed that you have relinquished your rights to the term.

    Sorry, dems da rules! ©
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #32
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Anyone get a free Grand Slam today?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Incorrect assertion. Notice each of my posts. There is a qualifying sentence prior to the WHY WASN'T I INFORMED?!!! Your "WTF?" was also a qualifying sentence, because of the "?". Now, if you had used a comma, instead, and kept everything to one sentence, you would have a leg to stand on in Patent Court. However, because of your punctuation failure, you do not.

    My compensation is equivalent to Obama's bailout package. I accept all major credit cards and Pay Pal.
    I disagree. Due to the use of a "?" and all caps it is actually an interjection and all a part of the same sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,738

    Re: Anyone get a free Grand Slam today?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    I disagree. Due to the use of a "?" and all caps it is actually an interjection and all a part of the same sentence.
    Not at all. But let us examine the definition of the question mark. From Wikipedia:

    The question mark (?), also known as an interrogation point, question point, query or eroteme, is a punctuation mark that replaces the period at the end of an interrogative sentence. It can also be used mid-sentence to mark a merely interrogative phrase, where it functions similarly to a comma, such as in the single sentence "Where shall we go? and what shall we do?", but this usage is increasingly rare
    The important point is "a punctuation mark that replaces the period at the end of an interrogative sentence." Notice. END of a sentence. Therefore it is not part of the same sentence. But wait. You could say it can be also used mid-sentence to mark a merely interrogative phrase. There are two problem with this possibility. Firstly, you capitalized the word "WHY" denoting a new sentence. Secondly, even if the capitalization is moot, the second sentence, or, as you are claiming, the second part of the same sentence did not have a question mark, but had a period. You cannot have an interrogative point and a statement in the same sentence. Again, punctuation is your enemy. If you had stated: "WTF? WHY WASN'T I INFORMED?" then your position that this was one sentence would be reasonable. You did not, so it is not.

    I also accept American Express Travelers Checks.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #34
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-18-12 @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Anyone get a free Grand Slam today?

    It was a madhouse and so many people were not even leaving tips I must wonder just how many servers got stiffed

    *If you are broke, homeless, etc. can understand not tipping but cheap folks that think they should not tip cause it is free really piss me off*

  5. #35
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-18-12 @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Anyone get a free Grand Slam today?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    That's just sad.
    What is sad about it? If that person is homeless and has not had a nice hot meal in forever? It probably did taste like a meal fit for a king or queen.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Anyone get a free Grand Slam today?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    I prefer Perkins

    Tremendous Twelve®*

    3 large eggs, cooked to order,
    4 pancakes,
    hash browns or breakfast potatoes
    four bacon strips or sausage links.
    Breakfast potatoes!!!

    OK, I prefer the Tremendous Twelve® too!

  7. #37
    Reactor Janitor
    Joby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Olympic Peninsula
    Last Seen
    08-11-16 @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,276

    Re: Anyone get a free Grand Slam today?

    Oh Hell to the yes.

    Tasted great.
    down for you is up

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •