View Poll Results: How do you feel about your personal physique/figure?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very comfortable: I don't mind people seeing me in any appropriate place

    29 58.00%
  • Somewhat comforable: Only places like spas, swimming pools, beach, etc

    12 24.00%
  • Moderately comforable: Only prefer people of my own gender seeing me

    4 8.00%
  • Somewhat uncomforable: Would rather not anyone see my physical shape

    4 8.00%
  • Embarassed: Try to hide everything I can.

    1 2.00%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 151

Thread: How do you feel about your own personal physique/figure?

  1. #121
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,364

    Re: How do you feel about your own personal physique/figure?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Well.

    I think for someone to say that they are not self-aware as far as physique goes, even in the smallest degree, are not telling the truth
    I guess there could be the possibility where self-awareness could just not be there at all, but those are the members whom I'd considered are under an unusual amount of mind altering drugs; I.e. Galenrox. In the culture we have goign on in America we see all these "slamming" bodies, and people who have spent way too much time not only in the gym but also in front of the mirror, and in the supplement section of their grocery store.
    I'm self-aware, I just honestly don't give a **** in either direction. When I was in great shape, I didn't care. Now that I'm basically "normal" is still don't care. The only reason I was ever in really good shape was becasue I had a very physically demanding job. I never worked out after I stopped playing sports.

    Maybe if I got fat I'd care, but mostly just for health reasons.

    I'm truly not interested in the way I look to others in any way, shape, or form.

    If people find me physically attractive, I don't really care.

    If people find me physically repulsive, I still don't really care.

    I mean, I could look like Quato from total recal and I wouldn't give a ****.

    That doesn't mean I wouldn't be self-aware enough to realize that I look like Quato from Total Recall if that were the case.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #122
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    06-30-10 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: How do you feel about your own personal physique/figure?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Are they wearing Christian Audigier or are they wearing Ed Hardy by Christian Audigier? There is a distinct difference. I won't touch Ed Hardy. It's way too much...almost garrish in it's attempt but something about the Christian Audigier line is hot even though it's the same principle.

    That Stephen Sprouse tribute line that Christian Audigier did for Louis Vutton is way to dangerously close to bringing the 80's back again though.

    I dunno, they were purple shirts with glitter and skulls with and wings and Fleur-de-lis on them. Looks like Christian to me.

    I have a very strange relationship with 80s fashion because it's only been brought to me through various hipster fads. I mean, that can't possibly be representative of what people actually dressed like then. I doubt EVERYONE wore leggings ALL the time. It's like I'm seeing a weird parody of 80s fashion as interpreted by people who were about 4 at the time. And then further distorted by the need for the cool kids to be ironic about everything. Did people really wear Members Only jackets?

    For what it's worth I think mainstream pop-culture was pretty **** then.

    New Wave was ****ing gay and lame and terrible.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How do you feel about your own personal physique/figure?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I dunno, they were purple shirts with glitter and skulls with and wings and Fleur-de-lis on them. Looks like Christian to me.

    I have a very strange relationship with 80s fashion because it's only been brought to me through various hipster fads. I mean, that can't possibly be representative of what people actually dressed like then. I doubt EVERYONE wore leggings ALL the time. It's like I'm seeing a weird parody of 80s fashion as interpreted by people who were about 4 at the time. And then further distorted by the need for the cool kids to be ironic about everything. Did people really wear Members Only jackets?

    For what it's worth I think mainstream pop-culture was pretty **** then.

    New Wave was ****ing gay and lame and terrible.
    Yes, people really wore member's only jackets. And Izod. In colors like "electric yellow".

    The only thing left over from the 80's that I like is the ability to wear canvas tennis shoes with a suit.

  4. #124
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    06-30-10 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: How do you feel about your own personal physique/figure?

    like the 10th Doctor:



    Yes, those are white chucks.

    I really like the 80s because that was the era "high punk"- before "anti-fashion" was created and everyone really wore the full uniform. Now it's passe and you'll probably be called a poseur, but then it was still fresh.

    Wattie from The Exploited in the early 80s sometime:

    So even if you have absolutely no interest in punk fashion you have to admit: that dude is wearing a costume. Putting that together would be fun; it'd be like doing wardrobe for theatre. Fashion punk is poseur punk blah blah blah whatever...

    The dudes from Minor Threat in the late 80s/early 90s:

    Wooo. White guys in t-shirts. Alternative rock. Behh.

    **** that.

    The 80s was also the era of totally respectable and not terrible goth fashion. Contemporary goth fashion is just miserably bad hot topic fat chick crap. But the 80s has people like the incredible Siouxie Sioux:





    I feel like it was a more theatrical period in fashion.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How do you feel about your own personal physique/figure?

    Now you are moving into realms of theory that I know nothing of. I just happen to be a label whore.

  6. #126
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    06-30-10 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: How do you feel about your own personal physique/figure?

    I think that raw gay enthusiasim is usally enough:

    Wattie, the dude with the hawk, looks interesting, regardless of how you like to dress.

    The Minor Threat guys just look like dudes. Boooring.

    There are a few brands I have preference for. There's a couple local east coast ones that you basically have to live in the Jersey metro to know but I do like some "real" brands.

    Fred Perry, Ben Sherman, Lonsdale, Levi (I really like vintage cut Levi 501s).

    Actually do you know Johnny Cupcake? They're a pretty signficant Boston hipster T-shirt company that just expanded into LA.

    They're ok...I mean I think they're more about really good marketing then anything else (I know plenty of better brands that haven't done as well) but they do some awesome stuf.

    I also like Man Epic t-shirts, i think they're based out of San Fransisco.

    They do t-shirts with prints of things like a big burly dude punching out a bear.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  7. #127
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    06-30-10 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: How do you feel about your own personal physique/figure?

    Man Epic:

    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How do you feel about your own personal physique/figure?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I think that raw gay enthusiasim is usally enough:

    Wattie, the dude with the hawk, looks interesting, regardless of how you like to dress.

    The Minor Threat guys just look like dudes. Boooring.

    There are a few brands I have preference for. There's a couple local east coast ones that you basically have to live in the Jersey metro to know but I do like some "real" brands.

    Fred Perry, Ben Sherman, Lonsdale, Levi (I really like vintage cut Levi 501s).

    Actually do you know Johnny Cupcake? They're a pretty signficant Boston hipster T-shirt company that just expanded into LA.

    They're ok...I mean I think they're more about really good marketing then anything else (I know plenty of better brands that haven't done as well) but they do some awesome stuf.

    I also like Man Epic t-shirts, i think they're based out of San Fransisco.

    They do t-shirts with prints of things like a big burly dude punching out a bear.
    I've seen Man Epic stuff before. But you have to understand...I wasn't even really aware of fashion until recently.

    And truthfully, my thing for Christian Audigier didn't happen till I walked into his store on Melrose and went ape **** buying his shirts.

    I now own more Christian Audigier clothing worth more than my vehicle. I think I have a problem.

  9. #129
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    06-30-10 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: How do you feel about your own personal physique/figure?

    I'm not sure I would call cool t-shirts fashion. I own a ton and I like them and I do see them as some kind of street cred hipster status symbol but it's not like they're couture.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: How do you feel about your own personal physique/figure?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I'm not sure I would call cool t-shirts fashion. I own a ton and I like them and I do see them as some kind of street cred hipster status symbol but it's not like they're couture.
    When I was a youngsta, teeshirts were only cool if you bought them at the actual show. Patches were cooler, because you could only buy them at the show (this was just before the era of internet mail-order stuff).
    I knew a lot of crusty-punk guys who spent all their time high and sewing patches on their jackets and pants. Their pants were just patches on top of patches.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •