View Poll Results: Is Ron Paul Insane?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Ron Paul is mentally unstable.

    26 16.99%
  • No. Ron Paul is of sound mind.

    114 74.51%
  • I'm not sure.

    9 5.88%
  • Other.

    4 2.61%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 167

Thread: Is Ron Paul Insane?

  1. #91
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Is Ron Paul Insane?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Democrats are absolutely concerned with gun violence- and I'm not going to debate that with you because I will not debate it with people who will turn it into an ideological debate because it's so offensive to me.

    I'm fairly certain that a good number of Republicans find gun violence in large cities emotionally satisfying.
    Democrats may be concerned with gun violence. But their "Solution" does not help. It never has, and in THIS country, it never will.

    You are talking about libertarians being unrealistic... The "USUAL" democrat/liberal view on gun control is COMPLETELY unrealistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  2. #92
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Is Ron Paul Insane?

    I'm not going to debate it with you.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  3. #93
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Is Ron Paul Insane?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I'm not going to debate it with you.
    Your choice of course.

    (not trying to offend here, but I doubt it will come across anything BUT)

    Why would you enter into a debate and refuse to back up your claims? Especially when the ideology you are supporting is as hypocritical in its process as the one you are attacking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  4. #94
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Is Ron Paul Insane?

    On no! My life is a lie!

    I think there is a lot of validity in libertarian philosophy. Maybe the full of it can't be implemented, but it can be a useful tool in preventing government from going too far. You may think the fundamental individualistic view of libertarianism is dangerous, but the fully collective view of other philosophies can be equally dangerous. Guns are a problem in inner city, but what's your solution? Confiscation of guns? Bans on guns? Are the high rate of gun and other violent crimes even the problem or a symptom of a larger problem caused by overuse of government and a switch to corporate capitalism which has fundamentally cut off economic and social mobility? Most drugs are already illegal, so what's the solution there? Make it even more illegal? The complete dismissal of libertarianism based on perceived notions of what libertarians are I believe is foolish. I can make a case to dismiss the whole of other philosophies too based around preconceived notions of people whom are in the movement. There are certain romanticized aspects of government and civic duty in libertarianism, but I don't think that act is unique solely to libertarianism. In the end you disparage a group based on preconceived notions of the aggregate composition of that group. Instead of that, I would say that hearing the arguments and trying to understand if implimentation of certain aspects of that argument could better the overall use of government would be a better use of time. But you are of course free to do as you like. If you'd like to insult and dismiss the libertarian philosophy based on personal bigotry; you are more than free to do so.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #95
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Ron Paul Insane?

    There simply aren't any ideologies, be they left or right or somewhere in between, that don't fail at some point for some reason IMO. Its not the ideologies fault that people cannot be expected to behave in the manner the ideology calls for.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  6. #96
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Is Ron Paul Insane?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    There simply aren't any ideologies, be they left or right or somewhere in between, that don't fail at some point for some reason IMO. Its not the ideologies fault that people cannot be expected to behave in the manner the ideology calls for.
    Which is is, in this country, something the right is more guilty of.

    Any democrat who suggests a mixed economy is branded a socialist. It's ludicrous.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  7. #97
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Is Ron Paul Insane?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Here's the problem with Libertarians:

    They obsess over stupid bull**** like Rudy Ridge and Waco.

    Philadelphia has the equivalent of about four Wacos every year. Adjusted for population (using Philly as a base) places like Baltimore and Detroit have a Waco about once every two weeks.

    But libertarians don't care about that, because there's no heroic resistors or evil ATF. Because it's REAL LIFE, not a bizarre testosterone fueled reinterpretation of Red Dawn.

    Because they don't care about people or problems, they care about their ideology.
    Im going to assume your referring to guns here. What I hate is when some horrible shooting happens, everyone on the political spectrum goes into knee jerk reaction mode. Usually two things get the blame 1. Guns and 2. The Entertainment Industry. Social/Religious Conservatives want more censorship over the entertainment industry and Liberals want more control on gun ownership and both reactions are 100% wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Any democrat who suggests a mixed economy is branded a socialist. It's ludicrous.
    I would agree with you here, Democrats aren't socialist in the classic deffinition of socialism. In my opinion they are more along the lines of Social Democrats.

    Social democracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Is Ron Paul Insane?

    Here's the problem with Libertarians:

    They obsess over stupid bull**** like Rudy Ridge and Waco.
    Show me ONE instance in which a libertarian on this forum has obsessed over either Rudy Ridge or Waco. Oh wait, you can't, because we all know this is just another example of you and others blatantly and purposely misrepresenting what libertarians stand for because you're incapable of debating the actual issues with even a semblance of civility or substance.

    Philadelphia has the equivalent of about four Wacos every year. Adjusted for population (using Philly as a base) places like Baltimore and Detroit have a Waco about once every two weeks.
    What does this have to do with anything!? Seriously!?

    PHILLY! SHOOTINGS! PEOPLE DYING! OMFG! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE DEAD PEOPLE! BLOOD! ARGHHHH!

    You know, I've always appreciated the quote you display at the bottom of all your posts, but apparently its meaning escapes you. How ironic, indeed.

    But libertarians don't care about that, because there's no heroic resistors or evil ATF. Because it's REAL LIFE, not a bizarre testosterone fueled reinterpretation of Red Dawn.

    Because they don't care about people or problems, they care about their ideology.
    More emotional nonsense...two can play at that game...

    DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT REALITY! I'VE BEEN TO IRAQ AND YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE BLOOD AND THE GUTS! YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE I'VE SEEN PEOPLE DIE! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!? I'M TALKING ABOUT DEAD PEOPLE HERE!

    Yea, NCFY, I guess you're the only one in the world who knows what it's like to see people get hurt or die. The rest of us are just college kids with our heads in the sky; we should have known better than to question your mastery of reality...

  9. #99
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Is Ron Paul Insane?

    Ron Paul is of sound-mind.
    The masses are programmed into mind A which tells them that anything else is mad.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  10. #100
    Educator ronpaulvoter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    627

    fyi Re: Is Ron Paul Insane?

    HELL NO!

    Not only is he NOT insane. He is just about the only member of Congress who is of a sound and rational mind.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •