View Poll Results: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 53.85%
  • No

    3 23.08%
  • Other opinion

    3 23.08%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 98

Thread: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

  1. #51
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    That is simply not true! Are you really gonna sit here and try to deny that racism and sexism does not exists in our country? You know that is total B.S.

    Some folks just do not get it and never will There are still people that are passed over for jobs, housing, etc. based on gender and race. To deny this is to deny Truth.
    I don't think its near as prevalent as you claim it to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  2. #52
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-18-12 @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

    Keorythe, it is about doing the right thing. What do you think of what the WHITE MAN has done for the Native Americans? You dislike that too?

    Anybody that does not think the black folks in this country deserve something because their ancestors were treated worse than we treat animals in this country has some serious problems. Also anybody that thinks there are no living relatives of slaves left in this country need to think again because they do exsist


    You are part of this problem and sadly do not "get it"..

  3. #53
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-18-12 @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    It seems you have trouble accepting the fact that some people are just plain better than others. You can call it a glass whatever, people are only equal in rights, not ability and economic status...

    HELL NO! All people matter and nobody is better than others! You are no better than anybody else and you best know that is true

    This thread is making me sick and I am gonna back out because I do not wish to get in trouble.

    All I will say is that I have been on a high what with Obama being elected and posts like this only kill that high and make me know that our struggle is not anywhere near over! Sad.. But True..
    Last edited by Kali; 01-25-09 at 11:58 PM.

  4. #54
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,228

    Re: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    HELL NO! All people matter and nobody is better than others! You are no better than anybody else and you best know that is true

    This thread is making me sick and I am gonna back out because I do not wish to get in trouble.

    All I will say is that I have been on a high what with Obama being elected and posts like this only kill that high and make me know that our struggle is not anywhere near over! Sad.. But True..
    Are some people not smarter, faster, stronger, wittier, more beautiful, etc etc.

    Some people are better than others whats so hard to understand?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #55
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Anybody that does not think the black folks in this country deserve something because their ancestors were treated worse than we treat animals in this country has some serious problems.
    I have some serious problems. the primary one is that my ancestors happen to have been abolitionists and Union officers. why should I now be forced to accept the blame for slavery and pay reparations? they're rolling over in their graves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Also anybody that thinks there are no living relatives of slaves left in this country need to think again because they do exsist
    they do exist, but a LOT of black people in america today are NOT descended from american slaves. such as barack obama.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

    I have some serious problems. the primary one is that my ancestors happen to have been abolitionists and Union officers. why should I now be forced to accept the blame for slavery and pay reparations? they're rolling over in their graves.
    Because you have reaped the benefits of white privilege, whether you know it or not, even if your ancestors did not participate in slavery.
    While most reasonable caucasian people will admit that blacks have been underprivileged and systematically discriminated against within the past couple of generations (even if they won't admit that they currently are), many whites refuse to accept the correlating fact: that they themselves have, within the past couple of generations (if not currently) benefited from white privilege, from unearned and undeserved advantage due to nothing more than their membership in the white race.

    Even if one cannot make the cognitive leap to seeing that white privilege still exists, one can hardly deny that one's parents and grandparents reaped the benefits of it; they did not have to rely on a "civil rights movement" to provide them with basic civil and human rights. They had them all along.
    And if one cannot see how being born to unfairly overprivileged parents and grandparents gives one an unearned advantage in life just as much as being born into generational poverty, to unfairly disadvantaged parents and grandparents, gives one an unfair disadvantage, then one is simply refusing to see it.
    It is a willed blindness on the part of many if not most white people.
    Last edited by 1069; 01-26-09 at 08:33 AM.

  7. #57
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    HELL NO! All people matter and nobody is better than others! You are no better than anybody else and you best know that is true

    This thread is making me sick and I am gonna back out because I do not wish to get in trouble.

    All I will say is that I have been on a high what with Obama being elected and posts like this only kill that high and make me know that our struggle is not anywhere near over! Sad.. But True..
    Your struggle to further racial tension by lifting one race above another?

    Your struggle to put my children at a disadvantage simply because of the shade of their skin?

    We are all one race. The Human race. When people like you and 1069 live in the past you are setting back progress. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  8. #58
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Because you have reaped the benefits of white privilege, whether you know it or not, even if your ancestors did not participate in slavery.
    While most reasonable caucasian people will admit that blacks have been underprivileged and systematically discriminated against within the past couple of generations (even if they won't admit that they currently are), many whites refuse to accept the correlating fact: that they themselves have, within the past couple of generations (if not currently) benefited from white privilege, from unearned and undeserved advantage due to nothing more than their membership in the white race.

    Even if one cannot make the cognitive leap to seeing that white privilege still exists, one can hardly deny that one's parents and grandparents reaped the benefits of it; they did not have to rely on a "civil rights movement" to provide them with basic civil and human rights. They had them all along.
    And if one cannot see how being born to unfairly overprivileged parents and grandparents gives one an unearned advantage in life just as much as being born into generational poverty, to unfairly disadvantaged parents and grandparents, gives one an unfair disadvantage, then one is simply refusing to see it.
    It is a willed blindness on the part of many if not most white people.
    I should accept the blame for slavery and make reparations because I have reaped the benefits of white privilege? that is hugely ridiculous. I can no more help being white than they can help being black, and using my peaches and cream complexion to make me a scapegoat for a history I had nothing to do with would only continue the trend of systematic racial discrimination you seem to find so grossly offensive.

  9. #59
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Keorythe, it is about doing the right thing. What do you think of what the WHITE MAN has done for the Native Americans? You dislike that too?

    Anybody that does not think the black folks in this country deserve something because their ancestors were treated worse than we treat animals in this country has some serious problems. Also anybody that thinks there are no living relatives of slaves left in this country need to think again because they do exsist


    You are part of this problem and sadly do not "get it"..
    Should england be paying me because of what they did to my ancestors?

    And as far as what is being done for the native americans... I'm sorry that you can't see that it is nothing more than legal segregation. Both on the part of our government and the native americans.

    The only thing you could do for native americans that would be "proper" is leave this country. Giving them "Sovoreign" land and allowing them to discriminate how they see fit on that land, in the middle of the United States is no different than giving white people a chunk of land and letting them tell blacks they can't live on it. Or insert race vs. insert race/s.

    America needs to see each other as Americans, not "Prefix"-Americans. Not white, black, yellow, brown, JUST AMERICAN.

    And any privelage extended to one "Form" of american, needs to be extended to every other american.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  10. #60
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Why shouldn't black be asked to give back?

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    I should accept the blame for slavery and make reparations because I have reaped the benefits of white privilege? that is hugely ridiculous. I can no more help being white than they can help being black, and using my peaches and cream complexion to make me a scapegoat for a history I had nothing to do with would only continue the trend of systematic racial discrimination you seem to find so grossly offensive.
    Exactly.

    All we are doing here is flipping the scales of discrimination instead of setting everyone on the same plateau.

    I can't believe how people don't see self segregated programs and incentives as anything but modern day racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •