View Poll Results: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 57.14%
  • No

    15 42.86%
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 220

Thread: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

  1. #81
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-08-16 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,655

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    Assault rifles able to be loaded with full metal jackets(armer piercing), large magazine clips, and easily manipulated to be converted to fully-automatic.

    What true purpose do they serve?

    I may even be willing to ban any semi-automatic rifle because what true sportsman even wants one?

    But I would never like to see any bans beyond that.
    The same exactly logic could be applied to a semi auto handgun like the Glock 9
    From the ashes.

  2. #82
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,201

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    [QUOTE=LaMidRighter;1057895152]
    Good try there cochise, but that civics class example was set out to show how easy the concepts are. I was stating college level poli-sci theorum, taught by political modern liberals and centrists. You fail.

    That part you are actually right on, but you are wrong on the level of protection you are trying to apply, you are trying to use the most outer circle, that being limited to no protection as applied to harmful speech or useless speech and applying it incorrectly to the harmless action of simple posession of certain firearms, which can harm no one and has the same usage as other firearms, hence, you are wrong, as would anyone else be trying to use that standard/

    Glad you're starting to see the truth, now, what's the compelling interest of marking certain guns illegal, especially since almost none of them are used in crime.

    The bill of rights are fundamental, always have been considered such, so therefore the onus is on government to prove a credible argument, which it has never done.
    I've already shown how you mis-apply it, and you haven't covered anything I haven't known for years, so what's your point?
    The bolded part shows that you don't understand the analysis and the multi-tiered approach. Constitutional analysis is not a simplistic as you want to argue it is.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  3. #83
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Yeah...because a ban on assault weapons sooooo infringes on your ability to have hunting rifles or even handguns in your home....
    You do know what all the assault weapon ban brought to the table right?

    Oh, and btw. An AR-10 is an EXCELLENT hunting rifle. It shoots a .308 win. or 7.62x51 (nato) round and currently holds 10-20 rounds at a time (using the FAL magazines) you wanna know why it is banned under the AWB?

    Because it's got a pistol grip, and a detachable magazine.

    Explain to me the logical reasoning for banning a rifle with a 24" heavy barrel, a 50mm objective scope, and too much recoil to bump fire effectively.

    Unless there isnt one and the assault weapons ban does nothing but waste money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  4. #84
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,258

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No...they are unrestricted right now because no ban has been placed or ruled upon by the Supreme Court. The "amendment" process is unnecessary until there is a ban, the ban is determined to be "constitutional" and someone seeks to overturn the ban.
    Unfortunately they are restricted in several ways right now. The Constitution is firm that no ban can be effected unless the Constitution is amended. The Supreme Court can not rule that a ban is constitutional unless the Constitution is amended.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #85
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'm beginning to think that you and our old friend "Stinger" are the same person...because you both engage in the same old "Shuffle".
    So... you DO agree that arguing that 'its OK to ban 'assault weapons' because you will still be able to buy hansguns and shotguns' is no different that arguing that 'it is Ok to ban speech that criticizes the President because you can still criticize the rest of the govenment'.

    Good for you.

  6. #86
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    09-24-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    No they aren't and statements like this contribute to the anti gun 's propaganda.
    Depends on the assault rifle, AK-series are full, most carbines issued now are burst fire, but Overall I see where you are going with the point.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #87
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    No they aren't and statements like this contribute to the anti gun 's propaganda.
    Actually, an "assault rifle" is fully automatic or burst capable. "Assault Rifle" is an actual term referring to a machine gun for military use.

    "Assault weapon" is the fake term.

    Assault rifles are only available to people who go through the lengthy and well regulated process of attaining a class III FFL, and find a machine gun or similar fully automatic weapon that was sold before 1986 (when manufactured automatic weapons were no longer available to be purchased by any member of the public directly from the manufacturers)


    Assault rifles are the least of anyones concerns when it comes to the general public as they account for less than 1% of (non criminal on criminal) gun violence.

    Hell even the weapons that are restricted under the assault weapons ban account for less than 3% of all (non criminal on criminal) gun violence.

    Yet they still deem it necessary to take them away from you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  8. #88
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    09-24-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The bolded part shows that you don't understand the analysis and the multi-tiered approach. Constitutional analysis is not a simplistic as you want to argue it is.
    Yes, actually it is, the complications come from people who want to infringe rights........such as people like you. The Bill of Rights are fundamental rights not to be changed or infringed upon, that you refuse to concede that shows you have a fundamental lack of knowledge of the U.S. constitution.
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 01-22-09 at 01:15 PM.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #89
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,201

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Unfortunately they are restricted in several ways right now. The Constitution is firm that no ban can be effected unless the Constitution is amended. The Supreme Court can not rule that a ban is constitutional unless the Constitution is amended.
    That's not how it works. The Supreme court rules all the time regarding whether bans are constitutional without amending the Constitution. Generally, Amendments come about in order to overcome the courts ruling that the restriction is constitutional.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  10. #90
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    Assault rifles are the least of anyones concerns when it comes to the general public as they account for less than 1% of (non criminal on criminal) gun violence.

    Hell even the weapons that are restricted under the assault weapons ban account for less than 3% of all (non criminal on criminal) gun violence.

    Yet they still deem it necessary to take them away from you and I.
    "Assault weapons" are no more or less a part of the fundamental right to keep and bear arms, nor do they present a greater threat to society than handguns or other long guns; given that the court has ruled that you cannot ban hansdguns, there's no way to argue that you can ban 'assault weapons'.

    After all, more police are killed with their own service weapons than with 'assault weapons'.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •