View Poll Results: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 57.14%
  • No

    15 42.86%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 220

Thread: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

  1. #21
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    See that is the problem with extremists on all levels. If people would simply take a more moderate approach they would help their cause much more than the extremists who argue that people should be able to have any type of assault weapon, grenade launcher....etc.....
    Define "assault weapon."
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  2. #22
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    Assault rifles able to be loaded with full metal jackets(armer piercing), large magazine clips, and easily manipulated to be converted to fully-automatic.

    What true purpose do they serve?

    I may even be willing to ban any semi-automatic rifle because what true sportsman even wants one?

    But I would never like to see any bans beyond that.
    The right to bear arms is not about hunting. That belief is entirely opposite of the spirit of the Second Amendment.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  3. #23
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No....a better comparison would be on banning speech that could start a riot...the right to free speech is not absolute....nor is the right to bear arms.
    On the contrary -- my parallel is spot on.

    Disagree?

    Tell me:
    How does the argument that speech that 'could start a riot' is not protected by the 1st in any way apply to the simple ownership and/or posesion of 'assault weapons'?
    Last edited by Goobieman; 01-21-09 at 01:44 PM.

  4. #24
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,209

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Define "assault weapon."
    I don't know that there actually is a definition that everyone would agree on. However, I do believe that a moderate view on limitations would serve the interests of all.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  5. #25
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    Assault rifles able to be loaded with full metal jackets(armer piercing), large magazine clips, and easily manipulated to be converted to fully-automatic.
    Respectfully, you dont know what you;re talking about.
    -ALL firearms can be loaded with FMJ ammunition.
    -FMJ ammunition is not armor piercing
    -ANY weapon with a detachable magazing can take a hi-cap 'clip'.
    -Assault rifles are already fully-automatic

    What true purpose do they serve?
    Any and every legitimate purpose one can have for a firearm.

    I may even be willing to ban any semi-automatic rifle because what true sportsman even wants one?
    Semi-automatics are perfectly well-suited for any and every legitimate purpose one can have for a firearm.

  6. #26
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,209

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    On the contrary -- my parallel is spot on.

    Disagree?

    Tell me:
    How does the argument that speech that 'could start a riot' is not protected by the 2nd in any way apply to the simple ownership and/or posesion of 'assault weapons'?
    Because your original argument was that you couldn't place restrictions on free speech, such as criticizing the President.

    The fact is, there can be reasonable restrictions on free speech and there can be reasonable restrictions on the right to bear arms.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  7. #27
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I don't know that there actually is a definition that everyone would agree on. However, I do believe that a moderate view on limitations would serve the interests of all.
    Given your argument, banning simple posession of 'assault weapons' is no more moderate (or constitutional) than banning public criticism of the President.

  8. #28
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Because your original argument was that you couldn't place restrictions on free speech, such as criticizing the President.
    I never made that argument.

    The fact is, there can be reasonable restrictions on free speech and there can be reasonable restrictions on the right to bear arms.
    Please:
    Explain the 'reasonable restrictions' on free speech, and then apply them directly to the right to arms.

  9. #29
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,209

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Given your argument, banning simple posession of 'assault weapons' is no more moderate (or constitutional) than banning public criticism of the President.
    Sure it is....just like banning incindiary speech....reasonable restrictions on weapons such as assault weapons is a moderate and constitutional restriction, even with the composition of todays Supreme Court.
    Last edited by disneydude; 01-21-09 at 01:52 PM.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  10. #30
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sure it is....just like banning incidendiary speech...
    OK....
    Explain to me the argument behind banning incendiary speech, and then tell me how it then applies to the banning os simple posession of assault weapons.

    That is, tell me WHY incenduiary speech is banned, and then tell me how that argument supports the constitutionality of a ban on 'assault weapons'.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •