View Poll Results: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 57.14%
  • No

    15 42.86%
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 220

Thread: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

  1. #161
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    and I suggest that you come back when you are capable of understanding a Supreme Court opinion.
    Ah yes... back to the 'you're too stupid' argument you use when you know you cannot effectively discuss something. Your concession of the point is noted.

    You have my position.
    You refuse to learn what you need to know in order to have an intelligent discussion regarding same.
    Given that, there's no way you can legitimately criticize my positon, and so, it stands.

    Next?

  2. #162
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,202

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    [QUOTE=LaMidRighter;1057895380]
    LII: Constitution
    Amendment II
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Seems like pretty plain english to me, and SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED pretty much eliminates any "grey area" BTW, the Bill of Rights is not subject to interpretation, nor was it ever, only amendment 11 and up are subject, that is in the pre-amble, the founders writings, and the 10th.
    Amendment X

    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people. Firearms control is specifically restricted from the federal government by the second amendment, it is also supposed to be restricted from the states, but that is another battle.
    None of this is in a foreign language, and as you can see, there is no room for interpretation, I bolded the commas because they denote continuance of thought grammatically.




    Rights are absolute, the exercise therein are not, I have a right to own firearms of my choosing, I do not have a right to murder someone with the owned firearm, or endanger my neighbor by shooting it too close to their house, all of the amendments are in check the same way.
    Again...that is a very simplistic interpretation of the Constitution. One which has never been true in actuality. If in fact that Constitution were black/white as you want to believe, again...there would be no need for the Supreme Court because there would be no analysis for which the court to engage in. The fact that there is a Supreme Court flys in the face of the black/white interpretation you want there to be.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  3. #163
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,202

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Ah yes... back to the 'you're too stupid' argument you use when you know you cannot effectively discuss something. Your concession of the point is noted.

    You have my position.
    You refuse to learn what you need to know in order to have an intelligent discussion regarding same.
    Given that, there's no way you can legitimately criticize my positon, and so, it stands.

    Next?
    If you missed it....I was replying to your post of arrogance.

    BTW....we don't have your "position"...all we have are beliefs that you have posted that you have continually refused to provide a basis for or analyze under Constitutional Scrutiny.....and is actually getting to be quite borrring....
    Last edited by disneydude; 01-22-09 at 02:49 PM.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  4. #164
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,258

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    [QUOTE=disneydude;1057895390]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post

    Again...that is a very simplistic interpretation of the Constitution. One which has never been true in actuality. If in fact that Constitution were black/white as you want to believe, again...there would be no need for the Supreme Court because there would be no analysis for which the court to engage in. The fact that there is a Supreme Court flys in the face of the black/white interpretation you want there to be.
    It was always my interpretation that the courts where to judge if laws where legit in reference to the Constitution. IMO the Constitution is pretty clear.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #165
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post

    Again...that is a very simplistic interpretation of the Constitution. One which has never been true in actuality. If in fact that Constitution were black/white as you want to believe, again...there would be no need for the Supreme Court because there would be no analysis for which the court to engage in.
    That is a complete load of horse ****, the constitution is written in plain english, that you defer to the court is irrelevant. The court hears cases in which laws are suspect, many of these laws arise from municipalities, states, counties, individuals, and even our own federal government overstepping their powers, and the only "grey area" comes from willful, semantic mis-interpretation of the plain english contained therein.
    The fact that there is a Supreme Court flys in the face of the black/white interpretation you want there to be.
    Again, appeal to the court. The court has many decisions that have been reversed by later courts, the court contains nine human beings appointed by one and voted on by a fraction of the population, if a majority on the court has an agenda, which some have, then laws will be interpreted in the manor of said agenda, even though the rare justice with integrity can be found. The fact is that the BOR as written is not subject to interpretation, the laws and behaviors in the secondary are.
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 01-22-09 at 02:52 PM.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #166
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,202

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    [QUOTE=LaMidRighter;1057895398]
    That is a complete load of horse ****, the constitution is written in plain english, that you defer to the court is irrelevant. The court hears cases in which laws are suspect, many of these laws arise from municipalities, states, counties, individuals, and even our own federal government overstepping their powers, and the only "grey area" comes from willful, semantic mis-interpretation of the plain english contained therein. Again, appeal to the court. The court has many decisions that have been reversed by later courts, the court contains nine human beings appointed by one and voted on by a fraction of the population, if a majority on the court has an agenda, which some have, then laws will be interpreted in the manor of said agenda, even though the rare justice with integrity can be found. The fact is that the BOR as written is not subject to interpretation, the laws and behaviors in the secondary are.
    The fact that very VERY few Supreme Court decisions are unanimous should be an indication that the Constitution is not as black/white as you want to believe that it is.

    If the Constitution is as b/w as you say it is....for what possible purpose was the Supreme Court set up? We could simply have one person read the Constitution and make a ruling.
    Last edited by disneydude; 01-22-09 at 02:55 PM.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  7. #167
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    [QUOTE=disneydude;1057895400]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post

    The fact that very VERY few Supreme Court decisions are unanimous should be an indication that the Constitution is not as black/white as you want to believe that it is.
    Or that people tend to invent new ways to twist statements.

    the only "grey area" comes from willful, semantic mis-interpretation of the plain english contained therein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  8. #168
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post

    The fact that very VERY few Supreme Court decisions are unanimous should be an indication that the Constitution is not as black/white as you want to believe that it is.
    Or it can be proof that there is a variance of agenda, it could be either, but it doesn't exclude the semantics of gun control.

    If the Constitution is as b/w as you say it is....for what possible purpose was the Supreme Court set up? We could simply have one person read the Constitution and make a ruling.
    And you accuse others of not understanding the court? The court was established to ensure that the laws contained within the constitution are not violated by other branches of government, also that laws passed measure up to the constitution, that interpretation of constitutional protections occur is a secondary result, and it's consequences are real.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #169
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,202

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    [QUOTE=LaMidRighter;1057895417]
    Or it can be proof that there is a variance of agenda, it could be either, but it doesn't exclude the semantics of gun control.

    And you accuse others of not understanding the court? The court was established to ensure that the laws contained within the constitution are not violated by other branches of government, also that laws passed measure up to the constitution, that interpretation of constitutional protections occur is a secondary result, and it's consequences are real.

    Exactly...and if the laws were as black/white as you argue they are...there would never be an issue.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  10. #170
    Tavern Bartender
    #neverhillary
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,030

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Has it been an issue since the conventions, or just recently?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •