View Poll Results: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 57.14%
  • No

    15 42.86%
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 220

Thread: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

  1. #101
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Debating with extremists is difficult....debating with those who do not understand the analysis is impossible. Do a little reading on Constitutional Analysis and then get back to me.
    Do a little reading on the constitution? I had to take quite a few constitutional law classes to graduate so don't assume I'm unaware of constitutional law and protocol. You are correct about the tiers of protection, I already told you that, but you are trying to mis-apply them for your own ends, which makes you full of **** on that, I don't know if you are purposefully or unintentionally wrong here, but you are wrong, and it is not an extreme position to believe in upholding the constitution and it's principles, nor is it extreme to hold those in contempt of it as enemies of the state. I also love how you have pretty much been proven wrong in this thread, yet you assume we don't understand constitutional analysis, that is priceless, since we have demonstrated how your "analysis" doesn't hold up.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #102
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Ok....that's a start....now give us your full and complete argument why possession of assault weapons is a "fundamental right" and your argument on why a ban would not meet constitutional scrutiny.
    Because an "assault weapon" does not exist. What you would call an "assault weapon" I would merely call a weapon. No different than a tool.

    You are branding the item with a heinous (sounding) name in order to draw on the fear of the masses to help sway them into the anti-gun position. It is effective I'll give you that.

    However, when you are talking about an "Assault weapon" I have to question your motives. What is it that you are trying to ban with that term? what is it that you are trying to take away? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  3. #103
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,202

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Then what is law? If it can be disregarded so easily then why shouldn't call them guidelines. The Supreme Court is made of men and as such do you not think they are infallible or perhaps they have hidden agendas?
    They definitely have their flaws and their agendas. To argue otherwise would be ignorant.
    However, I thought that what we were talking about was the process under which a ban would come and an amendment would be required.

    I agree with your post here.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  4. #104
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    Because an "assault weapon" does not exist. What you would call an "assault weapon" I would merely call a weapon. No different than a tool.
    There is no supportable reason to ban 'assault weapons'.
    Its really that simple.

  5. #105
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,202

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    Because an "assault weapon" does not exist. What you would call an "assault weapon" I would merely call a weapon. No different than a tool.

    You are branding the item with a heinous (sounding) name in order to draw on the fear of the masses to help sway them into the anti-gun position. It is effective I'll give you that.

    However, when you are talking about an "Assault weapon" I have to question your motives. What is it that you are trying to ban with that term? what is it that you are trying to take away? Why?
    I wouldn't even attempt to make an argument on what specific types of weapons should be limited and those that shouldn't. I am arguing a much more broad issue of whether any weapons can be limited. There are going to be a lot of weapons that fall within a gray area.

    The extremists argue that no weapons can be banned...the extremists on the other end argue that all guns should be banned.
    There is no question that some weapons can be banned under the Constitution....something that some here refuse to accept....the bigger question is WHAT can be banned.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  6. #106
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Do a little reading on the constitution? I had to take quite a few constitutional law classes to graduate so don't assume I'm unaware of constitutional law and protocol.
    Likewise.
    Typcal of his ilk, DD assumes that if you disagree with him, it's because -you- are stupid.

  7. #107
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,258

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    They definitely have their flaws and their agendas. To argue otherwise would be ignorant.
    However, I thought that what we were talking about was the process under which a ban would come and an amendment would be required.

    I agree with your post here.
    I'm trying to bring you to logical conclusions about why we should trust rigid law instead the whims of appointed individuals. Its part of the process, examining the individual motives of new laws. For every law brought forth with restrictions on individuals we have to ask "is it just". Something is only just when it applies to everyone or no one and that includes the government.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #108
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I wouldn't even attempt to make an argument on what specific types of weapons should be limited and those that shouldn't. I am arguing a much more broad issue of whether any weapons can be limited. There are going to be a lot of weapons that fall within a gray area.

    The extremists argue that no weapons can be banned...the extremists on the other end argue that all guns should be banned.
    There is no question that some weapons can be banned under the Constitution....something that some here refuse to accept....the bigger question is WHAT can be banned.
    I will take your broad arguement that they should not be limited to LEO and military only.

    Instead of arguing what CAN be banned, why not argue WHY it SHOULD be banned?

    If this is something that you feel that you can deliver on, I will be glad to address every point you would like to make. I would be glad to provide you with every bit of statistical and factual evidence against any weapons that SHOULD (in terms not of my own) should be banned.

    I will take anyone to true debate on this issue as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  9. #109
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Likewise.
    Typcal of his ilk, DD assumes that if you disagree with him, it's because -you- are stupid.
    I can't stand that attitude, I will debate with people on the other side of my politics any day, but I like to keep it honest and civil, I hate when the superiorist assumptions and attitudes come out.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #110
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Are gun owners STILL paranoid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I'm trying to bring you to logical conclusions about why we should trust rigid law instead the whims of appointed individuals. Its part of the process, examining the individual motives of new laws. For every law brought forth with restrictions on individuals we have to ask "is it just". Something is only just when it applies to everyone or no one and that includes the government.
    Amazing.

    Truely amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •