View Poll Results: The primary source of job losses is...

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Technology (Automation)

    8 18.18%
  • Offshoring (Outsourcing)

    13 29.55%
  • Other

    23 52.27%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 89

Thread: Primary Source of Job Losses

  1. #61
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Primary Source of Job Losses

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    No, I am not.
    Someone else pointed this out. You are confusing it. Btw, it is common courtesy to actually tell people you're narrowing the subject before doing so. That was quite rude of you.

    Sure at the cost of American jobs. Stop being a corporate mouth piece. American companies have a duty to their country. Americans should be doing those jobs.
    Companies have one primary duty: increase shareholder wealth. That has never changed and will never change independent of where a firm is located. American companies have no such duty to what you speak of. And why should an American firm go bankrupt trying to compete by hiring works that produce a cost structure that is highly uncompetitive? Guess how firms get around this? By automating and firing their workers.

    What you propose is to destroy American business by denying their the capacity to reduce their cost structures. SOCIALIST.

    I am for keeping jobs in this country. I am for preventing the middle class from disappearing. I am for laws that keep corporate greedmongers in check.
    Explain to me how it is beneficial for workers and American to see firms go bankrupt. Besides, the slow reduction in jobs of certain industries gives America time to retrain for what it does best. America for the most part doesn't make textiles anymore. It designs computer processors. When every country does what it does best, everyone benefits as everyone can buy superior products at low cost. Win-Win in the long run. And you forget that Corporations provide large amounts of money to Americans through dividends not to mention innovation. Pfizer has something like a $9.5 billion R&D budget that it spends primarily in the US.

    We? I take it you're a corp-ro-nazi! No wonder you see no reason to keep the middle class working.
    You do realize no one takes those seriously when they come from you? I see no reason to keep the middle class working in industries America cannot compete in. Hence why I'm on board with Obama's green energy initiatives. If we can start massive alternative energy industries in America, we can export the knowledge and manufactured products from those industries, and those industries will be solidly middle class. That and I hate petro-dictators.

    Still --- those jobs belong in America. Americans deserve those jobs. The middle class MUST be maintained ... even if some big business asshole doesn't get a six figure bonus.
    Why do they deserve to be in America? Why does anything? Because it's American? That's a poor reason.

    If you really want these jobs to come back, you'd lobby for a reduction in minimum wage and reductions in taxes to lower cost of living. No call center is going to pay its workers $25,000 a year much less $45,000. Maybe $15,000.

    Sweatshop labor is the same as SLAVE LABOR. You should be ashamed of yourself for asking that question.
    Highly wrong. Sweat shop labor is paid. Slave is not. Sweat shop laborers can quit any time. Slave labor cannot. Sweat shop labor is often paid excessive amounts more then the local minimum wages. Slave labor isn't paid at all. Sweat shop labor jobs are in high demand from locals. Slave labor isn't.

    Sweat shop labor > Prostitution.

    No, you changed it, I changed it back.
    Show me.

    No. It makes you a pro-business neo con who cares more about profits than his own country. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Personal insults are a sign you have no argument.

    Again ... WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT PRODUCTS. We're discussing technical support and the IT industry.
    Actually you unilaterally changed the topic.

    I still fail to see a reason why we should mandate welfare for inefficient industries. I guess you're against exporting textile jobs too eh?

    When you can do something besides tounge the anus of greedy corporate criminals we can finish this conversation. Until then ... spare me your neoconist, anti-American bull****.
    LOL. You're funny. At least I'm not promoting welfare.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Primary Source of Job Losses

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Yet ONCE AGAIN you still have not offered a single word of criticism for these same "corporate scumbags" replacing American workers with robots, which causes a lot more job losses than The Big Bad Furriner. Why is this?
    Because we are not talking about automation. We're talking about outsourcing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Yet you're OK with them doing the same thing, provided that the job recipient is a robot rather than an Indian.
    We're not discussing automation. We're taking about outsourcing and corporate cocksuckery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    So? What's wrong with that? Does automation not increase profits too?
    Profit mongering CANNOT be allowed to **** up the economy. **** big business and **** their bonuses. When their greed begins to harm the country then action needs to be taken to stop it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Nations don't usually become wealthy until after they go through a "sweatshop" phase. See the United States, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, and Taiwan for examples. You have the luxury of criticizing "sweatshop labor" on your personal computer from your middle-class home while eating as much as you want, but those people who work in what you term "sweatshops" need those jobs a lot more than Americans do.
    WRONG. The American middle class is disappearing because of people like you. America's economy must come first. America firts ... 3rd world sweatshops second.

    Americans need those jobs .... those jobs are the key to repairing our economy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    It really doesn't matter what industry we're talking about, outsourcing is a net positive across the boar.
    A postive for greedy big business assholes who don't give a damn about America. It's a huge negative for everybody else.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    A) As I've already illustrated, it's impossible to point to any specific act and label it as outsourcing. B) Those foreign workers need the jobs a lot more than you do. C) Companies are under no obligation to provide you with a job. D) There is nothing wrong with them cutting costs to increase their profits. E) Outsourcing makes goods and services cheaper for the end consumer, which raises the standard of living.
    A.) No it's not. Limiting the amount labor being outsourced is a good option. Say ... charging big business huge fees (millions per day) for having more than 40% of their work force outsourced outside the country.; B) No they do not. Americans need those jobs because our economy is dying and without work ... the middle class will die off.; C) Your big business buddies better start taking care of those who keep them in busines or they WILL go bankupt.; D) When the economy is being destroyed by it ... THERE IS A HUGE PROBLEM WITH IT. Curb your greed before you wipe out the country.; E) Outsoucing makes excecutives richer, middle class people unemployed, and it is hurting the economy.

    This does not increase the standard of living ... it makes living impossible.

    I find your out of control greed to be very distrubing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Why do they need to be employing American workers first? What makes you so special? And are you gonna define "American companies"?
    Because we're Americans and they are American companies. Those jobs should go to Americans. Those companies wouldn't exist with the American people.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Primary Source of Job Losses

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Someone else pointed this out. You are confusing it. Btw, it is common courtesy to actually tell people you're narrowing the subject before doing so. That was quite rude of you.
    Calling me a socialist because I do not share your neo-nazi view of business was quite rude but you don't hear me complaing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Companies have one primary duty: increase shareholder wealth. That has never changed and will never change independent of where a firm is located. American companies have no such duty to what you speak of. And why should an American firm go bankrupt trying to compete by hiring works that produce a cost structure that is highly uncompetitive? Guess how firms get around this? By automating and firing their workers.
    Spoken like a true corporate nazi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    What you propose is to destroy American business by denying their the capacity to reduce their cost structures. SOCIALIST.
    No. I am suggesting that American companies not be allowed to participate in the destruction of the middle class. I know the corporate nazi world cannot seem to understand this concept.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Explain to me how it is beneficial for workers and American to see firms go bankrupt. Besides, the slow reduction in jobs of certain industries gives America time to retrain for what it does best. America for the most part doesn't make textiles anymore. It designs computer processors. When every country does what it does best, everyone benefits as everyone can buy superior products at low cost. Win-Win in the long run. And you forget that Corporations provide large amounts of money to Americans through dividends not to mention innovation. Pfizer has something like a $9.5 billion R&D budget that it spends primarily in the US.
    We're not discussing the big pharmacutical criminals. They need to be forced to put out a generic for every name brand drug. I know you hate this because it curbs your ridiculous greed. I know that makes you angry.... but to bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    You do realize no one takes those seriously when they come from you? I see no reason to keep the middle class working in industries America cannot compete in. Hence why I'm on board with Obama's green energy initiatives. If we can start massive alternative energy industries in America, we can export the knowledge and manufactured products from those industries, and those industries will be solidly middle class. That and I hate petro-dictators.


    You do realize you sound like a nazi corporate CEO econo-rapist. People like you are the reason this country is going broke.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Why do they deserve to be in America? Why does anything? Because it's American? That's a poor reason.
    No, it's not. I am talking about keeping Americans working; thereby keeping America strong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    If you really want these jobs to come back, you'd lobby for a reduction in minimum wage and reductions in taxes to lower cost of living. No call center is going to pay its workers $25,000 a year much less $45,000. Maybe $15,000.
    Ok. Now I know you're a corporo-facist. Minium wage is NOT the problem. I'll give you that ... the taxes could be lowered; however, you are your kind ARE NOT GOING TO RAPE THE WORKING CLASS FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR ****ING PROFITS.

    That is corporo-facism and it is unacceptable. Shame on you. People like you are the reason this country is as ****ed up as it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Highly wrong. Sweat shop labor is paid. Slave is not. Sweat shop laborers can quit any time. Slave labor cannot. Sweat shop labor is often paid excessive amounts more then the local minimum wages. Slave labor isn't paid at all. Sweat shop labor jobs are in high demand from locals. Slave
    labor isn't.
    Paying somebody .25 per hour for a 16 hour workday is criminal. It's called usery. In the USA this would be punished severely. This is why the corporate nazi assholes send these jobs overseas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Sweat shop labor > Prostitution.
    We're not talking about the welfare of the 3rd world sewers that are getting America jobs.

    Do try to stay on topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Show me.
    I already have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Personal insults are a sign you have no argument.
    Then why are you calling me a socialist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Actually you unilaterally changed the topic.
    No, I didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I still fail to see a reason why we should mandate welfare for inefficient industries. I guess you're against exporting textile jobs too eh?
    Welfare is given to people who are not working as a handout. What I am suggesting is putting Americns to work. Therefore, by definition IT IS NOT WELFARE.

    I think you need to get a dictionary and look up welfare because you clearly have no idea what "welfare" is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    LOL. You're funny. At least I'm not promoting welfare.
    No, you're advocating the rape of the Ameriucan people for the sake of profit.

  4. #64
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Primary Source of Job Losses

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Because we are not talking about automation. We're talking about outsourcing.


    We're not discussing automation. We're taking about outsourcing and corporate cocksuckery.
    The subject of this thread is both automation AND outsourcing. So just to make things clear: Do you have a problem with those "greedy corporate scumbags" buying one backhoe instead of hiring ten ditchdiggers? Yes or no? And why or why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    Profit mongering CANNOT be allowed to **** up the economy. **** big business and **** their bonuses. When their greed begins to harm the country then action needs to be taken to stop it.
    The irony here is quite rich. What do you think DRIVES our economy? What you derisively refer to as "profit-mongering."

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    WRONG. The American middle class is disappearing because of people like you. America's economy must come first. America firts ... 3rd world sweatshops second.

    Americans need those jobs .... those jobs are the key to repairing our economy.
    You know how ridiculously self-centered you sound right now? There are people in Asia who are thrilled to work at one of those "sweatshops" because without them they'll live in completely squalid conditions. Whatever happens to your job, you have it a hell of a lot better than they do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    A postive for greedy big business assholes who don't give a damn about America. It's a huge negative for everybody else.
    Why SHOULD they give a damn about America? They're in business to make money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    A.) No it's not. Limiting the amount labor being outsourced is a good option. Say ... charging big business huge fees (millions per day) for having more than 40% of their work force outsourced outside the country.;
    How absurd. So if I run a European travel agency, I should be required to have 60% of my jobs in this country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    B) No they do not. Americans need those jobs because our economy is dying and without work ... the middle class will die off.; C) Your big business buddies better start taking care of those who keep them in busines or they WILL go bankupt.; D) When the economy is being destroyed by it ... THERE IS A HUGE PROBLEM WITH IT. Curb your greed before you wipe out the country.; E) Outsoucing makes excecutives richer, middle class people unemployed, and it is hurting the economy.

    This does not increase the standard of living ... it makes living impossible.

    I find your out of control greed to be very distrubing.
    Everything in this paragraph is pure emotion. Not one attempt at logic or reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    Because we're Americans and they are American companies. Those jobs should go to Americans. Those companies wouldn't exist with the American people.
    I'm still waiting for you to define "American companies."
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #65
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    09-12-16 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,513

    Re: Primary Source of Job Losses

    I know someone who invented a product that is made in a chinese factory. He says he agonized about using "sweat shop" labor, until someone else explained to him that he is providing a stepping stone for the chinese people. You can't step in and pay them high wages at the start, that would disrupt their economy.
    As for some Americans being greedy, that is very true and is also disruptive, but to OUR economy.
    American consumers used to try to buy mostly American made products, but we no longer have as many choices as we did 50 years ago. If you want a digital camera, or almost anything electronic, you will buy a foreign made product. But if you want a car, we still have a choice.
    I have never purchased a foreign car, but if I ever do, it will be from an allied country. Actually, the only one I ever liked is the Jaguar anyway. When I buy major appliances, I ask where it was made. If it was made in North America, that is what I will buy. I have no problems buying from immediate neighbors.
    I will always try to avoid buying anything made in China or Japan, etc. as long as there is am American choice in the mix.
    And I will also always try to avoid dealing with greedy American businesses who send jobs overseas that can be done here.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #66
    Educator ronpaulvoter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 02:25 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    627

    fyi Re: Primary Source of Job Losses

    The PRIMARY reason for job losses is too much GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION--federal, state, and local. Some of the reasons are listed below.

    Minimum wages
    Licensure
    Safety regulations
    Environmental regulations
    Numerous other regulations
    Mandated insurance
    Mandated health care (in some cases)
    Other mandates
    Restrictions
    Corporate welfare
    Excessive taxes
    Paternalism
    Micromanagement
    Meddling in general

  7. #67
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Primary Source of Job Losses

    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulvoter View Post
    The PRIMARY reason for job losses is too much GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION--federal, state, and local. Some of the reasons are listed below.

    Minimum wages
    Licensure
    Safety regulations
    Environmental regulations
    Numerous other regulations
    Mandated insurance
    Mandated health care (in some cases)
    Other mandates
    Restrictions
    Corporate welfare
    Excessive taxes
    Paternalism
    Micromanagement
    Meddling in general
    Did you really just dig up a three month old thread to post boilerplate rhetoric that may as well have been cut-and-pasted from any other libertarian source?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #68
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Primary Source of Job Losses

    The primary source of job loss is getting fired.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Primary Source of Job Losses

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    What does this mean? The employee is pretty bound by his working conditions on how "productive" he can be.
    Right. Automation improves his productivity, thereby allowing his employer the ability to offer him increased wages.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Primary Source of Job Losses

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Did you really just dig up a three month old thread to post boilerplate rhetoric that may as well have been cut-and-pasted from any other libertarian source?
    I'm glad he did otherwise I wouldn't have had the pleasure of reading your shining defense of free-trade and capitalism. Good show.

    UNNACCEPTABLE!!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •