View Poll Results: Are Americans "allergic" to negatives realities about the US?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they overplay the card

    7 20.59%
  • Yes, somewhat

    9 26.47%
  • Only fairly

    3 8.82%
  • No

    15 44.12%
  • other.. (explain)

    0 0%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 93

Thread: Are Americans "allergic" to realities about America which are negative?

  1. #51
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Are Americans "allergic" to realities about America which are negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Because it is?



    Such as?



    Ummm no they don't. Name me a single country that practices 'communism' and hasn't turned it into a ****hole. Cuba, North Korea, China. All nightmares in the political world. No dissidence allowed. No real freedom of speech or unjustified government persecution. The majority of posters here weren't alive to see Cuba go from Capitalist dream to Communist hellhole. However we're seeing it in Venezuela and most of us are already weary of what 'socialism' and 'communism' do to a society. It enslaves them for the good of everyone else. I'm not talking about making something like health care universal. I'm talking about all the other **** that 'communists' do.



    Could be because you are indeed anti-American. Or are we going to pretend like none of us here have read your posts for the last 2 years?
    Exactly my point.. everything else is bad and not worth even learning from.. Its those kind of attitudes that create extremism and singularity.

    You think nothing about communism is good?
    You think nothing about socialism is good?

    As I said before, I am pro-American, I just want a stable and progressive America, and when its as unstable and as dysfunctional as it is now, I will surely comment those things, since the majority of my writings in such times are negative, then you might conceive that as anti-Americanism.
    Perhaps you should rather try to listen to what I have to teach you?

    I watch news and follow politics in 5 languages regularly and from many national papers and sources. I follow politics, news and economics from a variety of sources from many nations in about 7 different languages in total, altogether..

    How many do you? From how many countries perspectives?

    I constantly and deeply every day follow news from 3 languages from 5 or more different national perspectives. I would guess a majority of American(who are now criticizing me) get their news in one language, at best 2, from one national perspective or at best 2 or 3.

    Is this relevant? yes..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #52
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Are Americans "allergic" to realities about America which are negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And so this brings us to the last spin by Zeebra on the matter. Socialism and Communism being 'anti-American'. Of COURSE Socialism and Communism are anti-American. Name me a single country who's adopted true Socialism and Communism and hasnt been Anti-American or for that matter anti-West? You can't.
    I can. Most European countries are socialist-capitalist nations. My country Norway is very socialist, more than capitalist. Even though it is, it is probably the most pro-American country in Europe.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  3. #53
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,368

    Re: Are Americans "allergic" to realities about America which are negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I NEVER draw the "anti-European" card, and sure a LOT of people here whine and tells me how bad socialism is and how much better the US is than France in particular, or Europe. I never draw an "anti-France" card, and those comments are mostly more invalid and anti-French than any of my American comments. My American comments are based on news and perspectives in politics, I am not just saying it because I want to bash America, if I wanted to do that I would just list all the negative things about the US, which I certainly do not.

    If I am anti-America, then I am certainly anti-European and anti-Norwegian and anti-French as well, because I have equal opinions on those pathetic political systems as I do the pathetic political system in the US, and the pathetic ways the economies are built and managed. As for Norway, I even have worse opinions about Norwegian politics and governance than the US. The US at least does something right, Norway doesn't do ANYTHING right, the politicians I mean.

    Being anti-Norwegian is pretty pointless since Norway is... well... Norway.



    Seriously though, what you are doing in this pol is generalizing Americans, not American politics. You are saying that we are allergic to criticisms of America, and that calling out an anti-American bias from a poster is a "card" that we play.

    If someone is anti-American, stating that they are is nothing more than an exposure of bias.

    Saying a specific poster is Anti-Norwegian, or Anti-france is not a card to play, it is simply an exposure of their biases.

    If someone is unaware of their own biases, this exposure is good for them, because all posters have biases. The one's who are aware of them will expect that card to be played against tehm.

    I, for example, admittedly have an anti-federalist bias. I am in favor of smaller govenremnt because I am rabidly against the sheer incompetance of large scale governemnt.

    I am aware of these biases so I am especially cognizant that many of my posts could be called such. And they would be called such a thing FAIRLY.

    Bitching about the fact that you get called anti-American is akin to denying that bias.

    If enough people simply deny any arguments you make because they view your posts as anti-American, perhaps that is a sign that your aproach is flawed, not their reception. Perhaps you ARE guilty of over-generalizing America? Maybe that is the causal factor of the response, not some inherent flaw in the posters from the States or a flaw that Americans in general have.

    If your posts apear to be a constant littany of bashing the US in general, instead of focussing primarily on teh American policies, you will have that stigma attached to you.


    I mean, when you title a thread "Why I hate America" you can be assured that people are going to react with a visceral animosity towards you specifically and ignore the points you are attempting to make because of the flawed approach.

    People in the US identify themselves as "America", We do not identify the government as "America"; We do not identify a land mass as "America". When we see someone stating things like "I hate America" what we really see is "I hate YOU" written there.

    Right or wrong, this is part and parcel with democracy and the American spirit. We think of ourselves as America, and we're proud of it, even when we are ashamed of our governemnt.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #54
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Are Americans "allergic" to realities about America which are negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Your comments here suggest that you really have no real impressions of Americans, just gross caricatures based on...well, I don't know what you're basing it on.
    Based on following American politics and news for the last 15-20 or so years of my 25 year old life. After all I learned English from the age of 7, and from about the age of 15 I even followed American news and politics from the same sources as you.. I bet you cannot say the same about Europe and your perspectives on the world or Europe(which I also follow in a handful of languages and a cousin or so countries from the same perspectives as them)..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #55
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Are Americans "allergic" to realities about America which are negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    But, but, but...you're missing all the good things that come with socialism and communism...

    Little to no political dissent.
    The government can take immediate action.
    Days-long lines for food staples.
    Health care for everyone.

    LMAO!!!




    Word!
    I could mention that the longest line for food stamps is in America..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #56
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Are Americans "allergic" to realities about America which are negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    No, you're sharing your perception of American attitudes.

    Do not pretend otherwise.



    I see, so you're telling us that you have a unique stranglehold on the truth about Americans because you're one of those tough guys who call another person a name while standing in front of them. Color me underwhelmed.



    But you just said you were speaking the "truth." Now it's merely stating a "concern."

    Equivocate, much?



    But you have not established that this "reality" exists?

    You've simply appealed to it as though it does exist to ask a rhetorical question that amounts to nothing more than calling Americans slaves to victimhood.
    Now you are not saying anything worth commenting except.. The reality.. I can say the exact same things about you that you say about me, your so called reality is just your perception and opinions.. Why is this relevant? It isnt.

    Who cares anyways?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #57
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Are Americans "allergic" to realities about America which are negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It goes so much deeper than that.
    Nah, it really doesnt.. I am on this forum to discuss what is going on in this ****ty world, but since its mostly an American forum I mainly discuss American, European and global issues. I do not dive into national issues about Norway or Sweden or Slovenia or anything like that, because most of you dont know anything about that. So naturally I talk about American issues, and yes, I speak and understand English, and yes, I watch American news media and sources, I follow American politics and economic news.. Why is my "outside perspective", less valid than your "inside perspective"?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  8. #58
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Are Americans "allergic" to realities about America which are negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Well, yes. You "initiated this as a criticism towards someone" the "someone" being "Americans." If it was not intended to be a criticism of Americans for pulling the victim card, well, I am baffled...

    Oh yeah, that's right...you were just citing a "concern."

    Do you have a habit of lying to yourself?
    Did I now? Thats your valid opinion and perspective.. I am going to be a bigger man than you and accept them and take them into consideration rather than answer in the same fashion you do towards mine.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #59
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,543

    Re: Are Americans "allergic" to realities about America which are negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Health care for everyone.
    This is not actually a 'socialist' concept. It is a leftist one. People shouldn't die because they can't afford to be treated.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Americans "allergic" to realities about America which are negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Nah, it really doesnt.. I am on this forum to discuss what is going on in this ****ty world, but since its mostly an American forum I mainly discuss American, European and global issues. I do not dive into national issues about Norway or Sweden or Slovenia or anything like that, because most of you dont know anything about that. So naturally I talk about American issues, and yes, I speak and understand English, and yes, I watch American news media and sources, I follow American politics and economic news.. Why is my "outside perspective", less valid than your "inside perspective"?
    Your perspective is not what we find invalid. It's your presentation and obsession with bringing that negative perspective to every discussion.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •