View Poll Results: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captivate

    10 9.26%
  • Convert

    36 33.33%
  • Kill

    29 26.85%
  • None of the Above

    43 39.81%
  • Other (Specify)

    12 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 809

Thread: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

  1. #81
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    Actually we do have Athiests here, But they do respect the religion, because they know if they got in any arguments about religions, They will lose.
    In what way would they lose?

  2. #82
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    From time to time I get indications there are people who believe the main goal of Islamic domination is to kill or convert us. I have long believed, however, that the true main goal is to captivate us.

    This passage from a Front Page Magazine interview with Bill Warner, the director of the Center for the Study of Political Islam (CSPI) and spokesman for PoliticalIslam.com illustrates the idea well:



    The goal, I believe is to captivate us and much of the tax money that goes now to Washington to pay for defense, for example, would instead go to Mecca.

    That's how I see it. But what about you?

    What do you think?
    There is a difference between an ideology and that ideology's application. Islam, with all it's diversity, has no specific goals. Different sects have different goals based on their specific application of how they interpret the ideology. The vast majority of religions operate this way. It is always one's interpretation and application of the religion's belief system that causes the problem, not the religion itself. I am always amazed at how this eludes some, both when discussing Islam, Christianity, or, pretty much any other ideology.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #83
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Bkhad, your lack of tolerance for the Muslim faith is quite telling. Why are you so afraid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    That is what liberals are for and to throw the word racism around.
    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    I wasn't aware that Islam was a monolithic entity.

    Could anyone provide evidence that Islam is in fact such an entity with singular goals that all of the sects work towards?

    Or is the OP just being stupid?
    Moderator's Warning:
    Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?The three of you knock off the personal attacks and the baiting, or there will be further consequences. That goes for the rest of you, too.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #84
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    Actually Maximus, I didn't forward the theory Ahmed made the insinuation that a certain web site critical of Islam must therefore be a hater site due to it's location in New York. Now I wanted Ahmed to empirically clarify such an assumption. I don't know what you are on about in regards to Dubai, I can only assume that it is to demonstrate that you can be an atheist in Dubai. I'm sure you can.
    I was just thinking you connected success with "atheism" and used New York as an example that atheims brings success. So I mentioned Dubai on the opposite side of the specter, sure you are free to choose there, but most people in the UAE are religious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    But I ask you this apart from being an atheist in private, can you honetly tell me that atheists can have organisations promoting atheism or apostasy?
    Cant have or can have? I assume "cant" is what you meant.. Sure they can, its a "free world", but promoting atheism and apostasy is kind of against general morals, its like promoting lying, stealing, backbiting and other unmoral activities. Is that something you want, or find ok? Would it be a good thing? Probably not.. isn't it more regular you would say that those who are very religious follows a BETTER moral codex? Yes, I know that Christians lie and backbite all the time, but those who are real Christians do not do that, those whom actually are religious.

    I hate un-moral people, selfish backbiting liars who would kill for a bit of money. Thats a thing that I do not want in this world. Religion brings a moral code to a world without any moral. Moral code in my opinion is more important than "law".



    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    I don't know what you where discussing in your last part or your argument. I cannot for the life of me understand how the crime of liable, or concepts of being nice person to other people; the golden rule, relate to my question...That is, whether or not Islam can tolerate the open organization and association of atheists. So lets not get bogged down in tangents.

    Therefore the question I ask is this, in an Islamic country that uses Sharia law as it's legal system as opposed to a secular system, are atheists allowed to openly organize and promote atheism?

    If the answer to this first question is no, then the second question is what are the punishments and thirdly what are the justifications for such restrictions, and lastly how could any such theological restrictions be rationalized when the west allows Muslims to practice their religion in non-muslim countries?
    Actually I am just comparing atheists to religious people of all kinds. I realize there are variations between the religious people, but would you not generally say that religious people have a stronger and better moral code than those who arent? Isnt it lack of religion or lack of taking it serious that have led the world into moral decay?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #85
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    Actually we do have Athiests here, But they do respect the religion, because they know if they got in any arguments about religions, They will lose.
    How do you figure?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #86
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I was just thinking you connected success with "atheism" and used New York as an example that atheims brings success. So I mentioned Dubai on the opposite side of the specter, sure you are free to choose there, but most people in the UAE are religious.



    Cant have or can have? I assume "cant" is what you meant.. Sure they can, its a "free world", but promoting atheism and apostasy is kind of against general morals, its like promoting lying, stealing, backbiting and other unmoral activities. Is that something you want, or find ok? Would it be a good thing? Probably not.. isn't it more regular you would say that those who are very religious follows a BETTER moral codex? Yes, I know that Christians lie and backbite all the time, but those who are real Christians do not do that, those whom actually are religious.

    I hate un-moral people, selfish backbiting liars who would kill for a bit of money. Thats a thing that I do not want in this world. Religion brings a moral code to a world without any moral. Moral code in my opinion is more important than "law".





    Actually I am just comparing atheists to religious people of all kinds. I realize there are variations between the religious people, but would you not generally say that religious people have a stronger and better moral code than those who arent? Isnt it lack of religion or lack of taking it serious that have led the world into moral decay?
    Do you know what atheism is Maximus? Atheism and morality are two separate things. Atheism does not advocate un-moral activities. Have you ever heard of the golden rule?

    Yes, the Spanish Inquisitions, Church prosecutions of heretics, and the Crusades are all great examples of the higher moral code guiding men to make the virtuous choice.

    Who are you to judge moral code? Are you saying that I am more likely to steal, murder, rape, lie, cheat and deceive just because I am an atheist? What a load of bullocks!

    Maximus do you have anymore subjective thoughts on morality that completely ignore the empirical reality of what Atheism is, or the alternately the effectiveness of religion at making believers more moral.

    So just to rephrase your premise: You are claiming that atheists like myself are more likely steal, murder, rape, lie, cheat and deceive compared to a believer. I await your well thought out and empirical statements to back up this assertion.
    Last edited by Australianlibertarian; 01-11-09 at 05:06 PM.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-23-09 @ 05:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    198

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    I voted other; it's about control--just like the rest of Western Judeo-Christian Nations. Just like in famous song:

    YouTube - Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World

  8. #88
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    Do you know what atheism is Maximus? Atheism and morality are two separate things. Atheism does not advocate un-moral activities. Have you ever heard of the golden rule?

    Yes, the Spanish Inquisitions, Church prosecutions of heretics, and the Crusades are all great examples of the higher moral code guiding men to make the virtuous choice.

    Who are you to judge moral code? Are you saying that I am more likely to steal, murder, rape, lie, cheat and deceive just because I am an atheist? What a load of bullocks!

    Maximus do you have anymore subjective thoughts on morality that completely ignore the empirical reality of what Atheism is, or the alternately the effectiveness of religion at making believers more moral.

    So just to rephrase your premise: You are claiming that atheists like myself are more likely steal, murder, rape, lie, cheat and deceive compared to a believer. I await your well thought out and empirical statements to back up this assertion.
    Ive never seen dedicated religious folks backbite others, they arent gay, nor do they lie or cheat. But all the people who are Christian only be heritage lie and backbite all the time, they constantly cheat, its their favorite activities.. As for atheists I would believe its about the same, possibly even worse, and a bigger chance of lying, backbiting, stealing, killing, cheating and other immoral behavior.

    No offense, I am talking generally, not saying you specifically need to have low moral. Most gays are atheists or agnostics, yes?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #89
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    We only seem to want to talk about "them" and what their doing.

    We never want to talk about "us" and what we are doing, to "them".
    So when are you converting to Islam? You're such an apologist, you might as well.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #90
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Doesn't matter what religion you are in, all followers of <insert religion here> want to convert all non-blievers. Weather they do it actively or not doesn't matter. They would still like it if you converted.

    As far as Islam goes it depends on which sect your talking about.

    You have the extremeists which would like to kill anyone that doesn't convert.

    You have the semi-extremeists that don't care if you convert or not. But if you do convert then you are in it for life, because if you try to leave they will kill you.

    Then you have those that would like you to convert but won't force you to and if you want to leave thats fine to.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •