View Poll Results: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captivate

    10 9.26%
  • Convert

    36 33.33%
  • Kill

    29 26.85%
  • None of the Above

    43 39.81%
  • Other (Specify)

    12 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 809

Thread: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

  1. #511
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    Jesus never condoned violence. Muhammed did. You always seem to forget that.
    I'll do what you do, and take out of context parts of the Bible:

    "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household."
    Matthew 10:34

    Sounds like Jesus was condoning violence there. Me, unlike you however, can read the entire context and can see the metaphorical concept of "sword".
    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    If the Koran tells Muslims to not hate Christians or Jews then why are there so many who do? Are they just making this stuff up? I don't think so. The Koran says you can coexist with Christians and Jews, but they have to pay a tax to you. That's bull**** in my opinion.
    Who are these SO MANY? Arabs account for about 14-15% of the entire Muslim population. There are extremists on both sides. The Kataeb Party to name one.
    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    Here is a quote. Do you agree with this verse?

    Sura IV.34: “Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. God is high, supreme.”
    Here is a commentary from the late Ahmed Deedat on your quote:
    A Commentary on The Quran, Sura 4 Verse 34 by Dr. Ahmad Shafaat

  2. #512
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    Jesus never condoned violence. Muhammed did.

    And this is the argument that should be made.

    If we wish to analyze the religions, we have to consider the impact and example of the creators more than just the texts (Bible and Qu'ran). History's Christianity, more often than not, did not reflect on the example of Jesus Christ. However, Islam's history, more often that not, did reflect on Muhammed's life. I believe there is something worth investigating here when we consider the state of the religions today. Is Christianity working towards that Jesus example? Is Islam doing the same in regards to Muhammed?

    Tossing out scriptures will not suffice these questions. Because the scriptures from both religions texts tell us many things. But the creators of said religions can get us further into understanding what is going on. When people in the "Christian" world ask..."what would Jesus do?"...they are invoking the example set by Jesus. If people in the Muslim world ask..."what would Muhammed do?"...the answer can be quite confusing.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  3. #513
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    I'll do what you do, and take out of context parts of the Bible:

    This type discussion should never be guided by scriptures. This is the first mistake people make when criticizing the religions. The Bible and the Qu'ran speak of peace, love, and war. Glorifying each one. This gets people know where.

    But what does get people thinking is to discuss the creators of these religions and the examples that were set. One religion obviously fell off the wagon in history and has been trying to set itself right ever since. The other stayed true.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #514
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
    Just to clarify (and I'm not a Christian), the "sword" Jesus refers to is the word of God. It is a metaphor, not a literal reference to an actual weapon.

  5. #515
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Just to clarify (and I'm not a Christian), the "sword" Jesus refers to is the word of God. It is a metaphor, not a literal reference to an actual weapon.
    Yeah, I said that in my post. Was just trying to get a point across to walleye that he can't seem to comprehend...

  6. #516
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Yeah, I said that in my post. Was just trying to get a point across to walleye that he can't seem to comprehend...
    Whoops, my bad. I see you alluded to that fact later in your post. Thanks for the clarification.

  7. #517
    Counselor

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-07-09 @ 05:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,856

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    From time to time I get indications there are people who believe the main goal of Islamic domination is to kill or convert us. I have long believed, however, that the true main goal is to captivate us.

    This passage from a Front Page Magazine interview with Bill Warner, the director of the Center for the Study of Political Islam (CSPI) and spokesman for PoliticalIslam.com illustrates the idea well:



    The goal, I believe is to captivate us and much of the tax money that goes now to Washington to pay for defense, for example, would instead go to Mecca.

    That's how I see it. But what about you?

    What do you think?
    Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Which is Christianity's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    If we lived in a society where we did not have freedom of choice in religion, and we were ruled by some crazy evangelical christian cult, it would be easy to ask the same thing about Christians.

  8. #518
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer View Post
    Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Which is Christianity's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    If we lived in a society where we did not have freedom of choice in religion, and we were ruled by some crazy evangelical christian cult, it would be easy to ask the same thing about Christians.
    It's clear that a subgroup of Muslims, following religious mandates, are actively orchestrating a takeover of the US and of every nation on Earth and that once they are in the position where we universally recognize the threat great amounts of blood will be shed to try to prevent that domination, if we resist it at all. By then we might have been so thoroughly subverted that resistance would be ineffectually small and random.

    But the Koran calls for a great bloodletting before believers are supposed to sue for peace. This permits the conquered to be in the mood for peace and to be grateful for the cessation of hostility.

    At that point new rule would take over and it would be essential to the conquerers that we go back to our regular occupations and that we resume our normal way of life, subject to a few changes.

    We would then become productive and would pay taxes, as usual, but the new laws would be Sharia based and the taxes we'd pay would go to our Muslim masters.

    We would be herded and farmed like cattle.

    Our greatest worth to the new Islamic World Order would be as workers.

    Dhimmis.

    We do not help the new would-be overlords by being dead.

    Think about it.

    And if you say there aren't enough radical Muslims to effect such a changeover, consider that 150,000 Americans determined the course of a nation of 20,000,000 Iraqis. A determined vanguard with a winning strategy can do it.

    And that group exists and is at work as we speak. They are too small in numbers as yet but this will change with our smiling and unwitting approval.

    OBL 11/24/02

  9. #519
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    And this is the argument that should be made.

    If we wish to analyze the religions, we have to consider the impact and example of the creators more than just the texts (Bible and Qu'ran). History's Christianity, more often than not, did not reflect on the example of Jesus Christ. However, Islam's history, more often that not, did reflect on Muhammed's life. I believe there is something worth investigating here when we consider the state of the religions today. Is Christianity working towards that Jesus example? Is Islam doing the same in regards to Muhammed?

    Tossing out scriptures will not suffice these questions. Because the scriptures from both religions texts tell us many things. But the creators of said religions can get us further into understanding what is going on. When people in the "Christian" world ask..."what would Jesus do?"...they are invoking the example set by Jesus. If people in the Muslim world ask..."what would Muhammed do?"...the answer can be quite confusing.
    To expand on your point...

    Muslims are taught they should emulate the example of Muhammad.

    Aisha's assertion that Muhammad lived the Qur'an became the basis for Muslims ever since to emulate his example.

    Muhammad: Legacy of a Prophet . Muhammad and Women | PBS
    Jihad is part spiritual and part mental and part physical struggle. But toward what goal?

    To become more like the Prophet and to more fully obey the Koran and follow the examples spelled out in Sira and the hadith...for good and bad.

    OBL 11/24/02

  10. #520
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    I have read the Koran.















    ....
    Last edited by Ahmed Shaheen; 02-01-09 at 09:13 AM.

Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •