View Poll Results: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captivate

    10 9.26%
  • Convert

    36 33.33%
  • Kill

    29 26.85%
  • None of the Above

    43 39.81%
  • Other (Specify)

    12 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 809

Thread: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

  1. #501
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,037

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    From what I know, I would say none of the above because I think the main goal of Islam is to serve/worship God. I could be wrong.
    Well, this is extremely foggy. The question here is "does serving God mean carrying out his instruction too?" Consider the history....

    Muhammed was a politician. He acted as a mediater between tribes to bring peaceful solution to problems. However, he also spoke out against the established hierarchy and their pagan worship. He was eventually driven out of Mecca, along with some followers who believed in the "one true God." Later, he would march an amassed military full of followers upon Mecca to establish the nation of Islam. Muhammed went on to "bring Islam to the people, but he was quite content with bringing Islam to the immediate vicinity. At the end, Muhammed had been a politician, a protestor, a soldier, a general, and a soveriegn. (This brings me to another thought about the concreted hurdles of seperation of church and state within Islam, but that's another topic.) Back on topic....

    But as soon as Muhammed died, the interpretations began and the Caliphates used the guidance of "bring Islam to the people" as military conquest and Islam blew out of the Arabian desert toppling tribes and empires. Move on to the Crusades....and on to a thousand years of Ottoman rule. All mostly about economy and plunder, but "bring Islam to the people" was the spiritual and motivated force for the masses.

    "Serving/worshipping God" is a nice goal for the individual Muslim. But "Islam" demonstrated something else.
    Last edited by MSgt; 01-31-09 at 11:22 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  2. #502
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Islam means "submission" in Arabic
    Muslim is "one who submits" to God.

    That is all

  3. #503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    Had Jesus said that he is God, I'm the God, Iam the lord ?
    In John 8:58 Jesus says, "before Abraham was, I Am[1]." Many people make the logical assumption that this is a reference to Exodus 3:14 where God reveals his name to be "I Am" (when he speaks it), or "You Are" (or Yahweh when his people say it). While there appears to be some basic similarity in meaning, the wording of the Greek underlying these verses looks quite different and so it seems unlikely that John intended for us to see a connection between these two verses.[2]

    Was "I Am" a way of referring to God? We know that in Judaism in the time of Jesus the Jews had become very conscious of the sacredness of the Divine Name and were afraid to say it publically or even privately (Matt 7:6). For this reason it became common to say "Lord" instead. However, there were other methods used for referring to God besides this ("Power" Matt 26:64, "Heaven" is common in 2 Macc [3]).

    Despite the failure of the connection between John 8:58 and Exodus 3:14, it can still be shown that God was known as the "I am" to the Jews, and that they sometimes used this as a way of referring to him. In fact, Psalm 90:2 is almost an exact parallel of John 8:58 - except that mountains are mentioned instead of Abraham, and the words used "You Are" are used instead of "I Am." (Note that only the Greek (LXX) version and not the Hebrew should be used for this comparison. The Hebrew says "You are God" not just "You Are.")

    That Jesus' words were a forceful claim to Divinity is immediately apparent - the crowd attempts to stone him. This is something that they would not do if they merely thought he was crazy.

    Before Abraham was, I AM

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    God created christianity, Christians follow the bible, bible testaments were made by human.

    I believe that the old testaments were from God true until you Tampered those testaments.

    Now tell me which part of the new testaments are from God ?
    Christians believe the entire New Testament is from God.

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    So you dont think Jesus Christ is the ideal candidate in history to be the son of Satan(rather than son of God)? Who else would be better suited to lead people astray and succeed so hugely with it?
    I don't believe Jesus, the good Shepherd, leads anyone astray. I believe he is the Savior of the world. I believe the bible.

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    Like how we do have a "bit" of murdering you do have, its not my problem that its an old testaments or sth. Its still a part of a bible.



    you even hadn't bothered yourself to look for the real meaning of this verse, It says "don't take the Christians and Jews as a crown for you", that verse urges Muslims to catch tied to their own religion, this got nothing to do with hatred, and how could Islam tell us to hate Jews and Christians if he told us you can marry, eat and coexist with them peacefully



    Same goes to bible, remeber the verses ?
    Jesus never condoned violence. Muhammed did. You always seem to forget that.

    If the Koran tells Muslims to not hate Christians or Jews then why are there so many who do? Are they just making this stuff up? I don't think so. The Koran says you can coexist with Christians and Jews, but they have to pay a tax to you. That's bull**** in my opinion.

    Here is a quote. Do you agree with this verse?

    Sura IV.34: “Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. God is high, supreme.”
    Last edited by walleye; 01-31-09 at 11:56 PM.

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    [QUOTE=Cilogy;1057906608][QUOTE=walleye;1057906068]It's not ignorant to believe the Koran is a book of hate and murder. That's a fact. That's the truth. I don't know how else you could interpret "do not make friends with Christians and Jews" to be anything other than hate. When it says to behead the infidel, I don't know how you can take that any way but murder. The muslims running around chopping people's heads off and murdering people are getting it right from their koran. They aren't making this stuff up.

    Yeah but what you did was categorize ALL Muslims that way. Which is ... not good. I have many Muslim friends to whom I ask "do you believe in the murder/extermination of all non-Muslims" and they say "definitely not." So, that disproves your argument that all Muslims are how you said they are.




    Maybe from my direction, but that's just TruthDetector behind me. Its not from me.
    The muslims who are running around murdering people and chopping heads off got the idea from somewhere. Where did they get it? Tell me.

  8. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Not really.. All those prophesies you are talking about is just taken out of context and in hurry put up on a web page.

    Jesus did maybe also warn about it, but the old testament certainly warns against it several places, against people like Jesus.
    Okay. Give me the correct context.

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    Actually its a big ignorant to judge on verses without knowing the real meaning or what the verse aims to, and won't tires yourself to get the real meanings.
    Koran contains killing verses, but if you looked whom to kill, Its the Athiests and pagans who tortured , harmed and mocked our prophet, like how the bible said that too.I can categorize those verses as defending ones.
    Jesus was tortured, harmed and mocked and murdered. Jesus told his followers to forgive those who were doing it.

    People mock Jesus every day in the media, on this site, etc.

    People draw a cartoon of Muhammed and you guys go nuts and threaten to kill people.

  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    This coming from someone who hasn't even read the Koran.. Amazing..
    I have read the Koran. You keep making that assumption and it is an incorrect one.

    Let me ask you a question. If you ever get cancer, are you only going to go to any doctor who has had cancer to treat you or are you going to go to a doctor who knows how to treat cancer?

Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •