View Poll Results: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captivate

    10 9.26%
  • Convert

    36 33.33%
  • Kill

    29 26.85%
  • None of the Above

    43 39.81%
  • Other (Specify)

    12 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 809

Thread: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

  1. #331
    Counselor

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-07-09 @ 05:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,856

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    If Islam has a main goal, it would seem logical that it would be to convert.

    Doesn't make sense to kill possible converts.

    Seems like parts of Islam that are controlled by a particular minister are acting strange, but this is mean that all of Islam is trying to harm us.

    We could easily ask the same question of American Christianity main goal:
    is it to captivate, convert or kill?

  2. #332
    Advisor JoeMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Antarctica
    Last Seen
    06-15-10 @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    429

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    An example would be some of the stories in the Bible. Do you take the Flood and Noah's Ark at face value? Or do you see it as a story from which to take a moral?
    You took the words right outa my mouth.

    There are scores of parables and non-literal phrases in the Bible that if you took literally could wind you up in odd situations.

    Another example is circumcision, it says to take the 'foreskin of your heart' that would kill you if you did that...so you re-interpret it.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

  3. #333
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    You didn't answer my question.

    What does the Koran say to do to people who leave Islam?
    You go around preaching anti-Islam and you haven't even read the Koran.. Now how can I ever have a debate with someone like you about Islam, with a bunch of Koran quotes you found online, which in 90% of the cases aren't accurate quotes.

    PS.. I am not Muslim, but I have read the Koran for educational purposes.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #334
    Dream Walker
    Monk-Eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    07-17-15 @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,265
    Blog Entries
    10

    Tort

    "Tort"
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    An example would be some of the stories in the Bible. Do you take the Flood and Noah's Ark at face value? Or do you see it as a story from which to take a moral?
    The bible and qurayn are taken from the same fabric for genetic religions, to secure a city state for the preservation of the (eponymous) patriarchal lineage, through tradition and laws.

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    An example would be some of the stories in the Bible. Do you take the Flood and Noah's Ark at face value? Or do you see it as a story from which to take a moral?
    I take it at face value because it is proven by geological science. There are also records of other cultures mentioning a great flood.

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    You go around preaching anti-Islam and you haven't even read the Koran.. Now how can I ever have a debate with someone like you about Islam, with a bunch of Koran quotes you found online, which in 90% of the cases aren't accurate quotes.

    PS.. I am not Muslim, but I have read the Koran for educational purposes.
    You still haven't answered my question.

    What does the koran say to do to people who leave Islam?

  7. #337
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    I take it at face value because it is proven by geological science. There are also records of other cultures mentioning a great flood.
    Sigh... Do you get your information from Answers in Genesis?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #338
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    You still haven't answered my question.

    What does the koran say to do to people who leave Islam?
    I am not debating this until you have answered my question..

    It says people are not allowed to leave the faith btw..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #339
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Tort

    Quote Originally Posted by Monk-Eye View Post
    "Tort"
    The bible and qurayn are taken from the same fabric for genetic religions, to secure a city state for the preservation of the (eponymous) patriarchal lineage, through tradition and laws.
    I concur. Sadly, there is a large group of people in America who view the Bible as a completely factual historical document.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Which is Islam's Main Goal: To Captivate, Convert or Kill Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Sigh... Do you get your information from Answers in Genesis?
    Sigh.....I get my answers from science, the bible, geological scientists, etc.

    If you want to refute the fact that there is geological evidence of a world-wide flood the please do so and we can debate it. Go for it.

Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •