View Poll Results: Will this work?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    0 0%
  • No

    16 100.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Israel/Palestine: Will this work?

  1. #1
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Israel/Palestine: Will this work?

    Here’s my proposal for solving the Israel-Palestinian issue:

    -Israel completely withdraws from Gaza and the West Bank.
    -The West Bank then becomes the state of Palestine
    -Gaza can choose to become part of Egypt, part of Palestine, or its own state.
    -Israel will secure her borders as she sees fit
    -Palestine will secure her borders as she sees fit
    -Israel will hold Palestine/Gaza responsible for the security of their borders with Israel, and consider any attack, terrorist or otherwise, from across those borders to be an act of war upon Israel from Palestine, giving Israel the right to act in that regard as she sees fit.

    Will this work?
    If not, why not?

  2. #2
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Israel/Palestine: Will this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Here’s my proposal for solving the Israel-Palestinian issue:

    -Israel completely withdraws from Gaza and the West Bank.
    -The West Bank then becomes the state of Palestine
    -Gaza can choose to become part of Egypt, part of Palestine, or its own state.
    -Israel will secure her borders as she sees fit
    -Palestine will secure her borders as she sees fit
    -Israel will hold Palestine/Gaza responsible for the security of their borders with Israel, and consider any attack, terrorist or otherwise, from across those borders to be an act of war upon Israel from Palestine, giving Israel the right to act in that regard as she sees fit.

    Will this work?
    If not, why not?
    Is there any other country geographically separated from itself by another?

    Also, what happens to Jerusalem?

  3. #3
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: Israel/Palestine: Will this work?

    Unfortunately, I don't think it would work because I don't think it could be done in any way that keeps both sides happy. I doubt that the whole thing will ever truly end.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #4
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israel/Palestine: Will this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Is there any other country geographically separated from itself by another?
    How is that relevant?

    And, the answer is yes.
    At least one of them should be painfully obvious to you.

    So... why wont it work?

    Also, what happens to Jerusalem?
    Declare it an open city.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 01-07-09 at 02:08 PM.

  5. #5
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israel/Palestine: Will this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think it would work because I don't think it could be done in any way that keeps both sides happy. I doubt that the whole thing will ever truly end.
    If it means they wont be attacked, it will certainly make Israel happy.
    How will the arrangement not make the Palestinians happy?

  6. #6
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Israel/Palestine: Will this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    How is that relevant?

    And, the answer is yes.
    At least one of them should be painfully obvious to you.


    Declare it an open city.
    Given the harsh relations how is Palestine supposed to operate as a nation being completely cut off from one of its most troubled sections.

    The West Bank is land locked, carry on with your asinine retorts though.

  7. #7
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,670

    Re: Israel/Palestine: Will this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Will this work?
    If not, why not?

    No, because I don't think that is what the Palestinians want and will not take that offer. Maybe in future generations, it could be plausible, but I don't think right now that would be a solution.
    Is what you're living for today, worth dying for tomorrow?
    _____________________________________________

  8. #8
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israel/Palestine: Will this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Given the harsh relations how is Palestine supposed to operate as a nation being completely cut off from one of its most troubled sections.
    You did notice that there were options for Gaza other than becoming part of the state of Palestine, right?

    The West Bank is land locked
    Lots of countries are land locked...?

    carry on with your asinine retorts though
    So, you have no real argument as to why the solutuon won't work - at least none that you're willing to admit.
    10-4.

    BTW:
    Did you discover any countries that is geographically separated from itself by another?

  9. #9
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israel/Palestine: Will this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    No, because I don't think that is what the Palestinians want..
    What DO they want?

  10. #10
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,670

    Re: Israel/Palestine: Will this work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    What DO they want?
    According to this:

    US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation*:*What do the Palestinians want?

    In 1988, in an enormous compromise, the Palestinian National Council, or parliament-in-exile, voted to accept a two-state solution that would return to Palestinians only the 22 percent of their land that had been occupied in 1967. They accepted that the other 78 percent would remain Israel. While some individual Palestinians and some small organizations still reject that historic compromise, for the vast majority of Palestinians the goal is for an independent state--a fully realized and truly independent state--in the West Bank and Gaza with East Jerusalem as its capital.
    Palestinians also want the right for refugees to return to their homes, from wherever they were expelled. The right of return is part of international law, and Palestinians are specifically guaranteed that right by UN Resolution 194, which states that "refugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbors should be permitted to do so at the earliest practicable date, and that compensation should be paid for the property of those choosing not to return."

    Simply an end to "the violence" is insufficient, because it would leave in place the structures of military occupation that prevent Palestinians from realizing their full national rights and their human rights to dignity and independence.
    Is what you're living for today, worth dying for tomorrow?
    _____________________________________________

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •