View Poll Results: Should the Bush family be banned from politics?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 10.42%
  • No

    37 77.08%
  • The Bush family is a criminal organization and should be banned from politics

    6 12.50%
  • A Bush family ... what's that??

    0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 69

Thread: Should the Bush Family be banned from politics?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should the Bush Family be banned from politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    My problem with that is that you are in essence punishing the children for the sins of the father. The only way a person should be kept out of public office is by letting the people decide not to vote for them or if they themselves have done somethign to disqualify them from holding that office (such as a criminal offence).

    Their lineage may well be a very legitimate reason to not vote for them, but it shouldn't bar them form being able to run for any office that they are qualified to run for.
    I see your point; however, GHWB made the announcement that JEB was going to run.

    This reeks of corruption and political agenda.

    I just find GHWB making the announcement to be a signal of Bush's intent to use the Office of The President to push his pro-business agenda on the American people.

    I do not like this because it means big oil will be given carte blanche to sodomize the American public.

  2. #42
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: Should the Bush Family be banned from politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I see your point; however, GHWB made the announcement that JEB was going to run.

    This reeks of corruption and political agenda.

    I just find GHWB making the announcement to be a signal of Bush's intent to use the Office of The President to push his pro-business agenda on the American people.

    I do not like this because it means big oil will be given carte blanche to sodomize the American public.
    I don't think Jeb has a snowball's chance in hell, to be honest. Which sucks for him, because he would've done a much better job than his brother did.

    And I thought HW was saying he'd like to see his other son become president, but not that it was any official announcement on his part.

    I can't blame HW on that. Who wouldn't want to see their son become president?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #43
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 04:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Should the Bush Family be banned from politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Gas was $4.00 per gallon during Bush's office because Bush's family has oil ties and they wanted to make money.
    Yes...that was the reason!!

    Get out of the basement.

    I see your point; however, GHWB made the announcement that JEB was going to run.
    No he didn't.

  4. #44
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Should the Bush Family be banned from politics?

    Should murderers children be automatically put in jail?
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Engagement!
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,939

    Re: Should the Bush Family be banned from politics?

    (edit - durrr, apparently I can't read I saw "a" in there where it wasn't giving me the wrong impression of that referring to someone specific instead of a generic -.- My sincere apologizes on that one Mikhail)

    No, I don't think family members should be banned from office, be it Bush or others. I think such is amazingly anti-american on top of just being against the constitution. I also do agree with Right's comment about how this leads to a very slippery slope.

    For those on the left that may be jumping for joy at the though of getting rid of "dynasties"...let us no remember the large amount of Kennedies that have gained office. Let us not forget that FDR would've been disqualified from becoming President due to his relations to Teddy (Granted loosely, but how close of relations do we want to do this?).

    I agree too with the sentiment that its too bad we got W instead of Jeb as by all accounts he seems like the much better prospect. I don't believe Jeb has a snowballs chance in hell to get elected President, though I would also not say I "wouldn't vote for him!" because I actually try to vote on ISSUES, not petty things like who his dad is (or that he talks about being a POW a lot, is from a small town, or was a community organizer while we're at it)
    Last edited by Zyphlin; 01-05-09 at 08:24 PM.
    You down with TPP?

  6. #46
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Should the Bush Family be banned from politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Why? Because you're a republican and therefore support the rape of the American people that would occur if Jeb got into office?

    While Jeb was in office in Florida, people were forced to live under bridges because he didn't have the brainpower to prevent laws restricting certain classes of people from purchasing property.

    This is nonsensical nazi bull**** and I do not want Jebidiah "Mr. Nazi" Bush to have the chance to sodomize the rest of the country.
    Ever heard of the right of the people to choose? Talk about guilt by association.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #47
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Should the Bush Family be banned from politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Most people on the right dislike that term because it often used to describe far right political figures.
    Or maybe because some people can't debate honestly without throwing offensive names about designed to inflame.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #48
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Should the Bush Family be banned from politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Yea, John Quincy Adams and Benjamin Harrison were definitely corrupt assholes.
    Not to mention FDR ... wait a minute ...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #49
    Tavern Bartender
    #neverhillary
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,027

    Re: Should the Bush Family be banned from politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    Should murderers children be automatically put in jail?
    What's the point here?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)

  10. #50
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Should the Bush Family be banned from politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    What's the point here?
    His point is that it's ridiculous to punish an individual because of something another member of their family did. It's a good point.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •