View Poll Results: Why have you decided not to use illegal drugs?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because I hear horror stories about addiction to them

    15 25.86%
  • Because I know people personally who have suffered from addiction.

    17 29.31%
  • Because I am perfectly happy and serene without them (If it ain't broke...)

    31 53.45%
  • Because the consequences of their being illegal make life miserable for addicts

    12 20.69%
  • Simply because they are illegal

    11 18.97%
  • Other (specify in the thread if you would like)

    20 34.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 262

Thread: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

  1. #241
    Professor
    herenow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    12-11-15 @ 10:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    I know I'm a year late, but my answer is simple. The desire was never strong enough. Was there curiosity? Yea, but I'm an overthinker - I'd picture myself yrs down the road not being able to get off drugs b/c I had become addicted. That was enough to keep me from trying. Never even tried weed.

  2. #242
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    People bent on a slow suicide will use harmful drugs. The slow suicide is the part that they evidently disagree with........but their intelligence and self esteem are lacking...
    Put on some clothes... your naivete is showing.

    My reason ?
    Self preservation.
    Good reason.

    The cause of the problem ?
    One of many reasons - lousy, unloving parents...
    Again, another opinion stated as fact. That is a poor debate tactic to say the least.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #243
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    You mean my disdain for intentionally introducing toxins into my body?
    Ah, so you have never put a toxin or anything toxic into your body?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #244
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Scourge and Ego may fit into the shortness of intellect/low self esteem category.. ..one or both......
    We can agree to disagree. You have yet to make any form of argument involving facts. What category does that put you in? The "I do not understand something, so I will lash out at it and make opinionated generalizations" category?

    A man should see things as they are, without the "coloration due to drugs".
    According to you. Again, your opinion is not a fact, as much as you would like to believe otherwise.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #245
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    You mean wanting to be healthy and prepare yourself for competitive marathons and triathlons is NOT a valid reason?
    There are drugs that you could partake in which would not have hindered your ability to run marathons or compete in triathlons. So, in my opinion, his reason seemed more valid to me. I should not have said it was the only valid reason. That was stupid of me.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #246
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Your point is?

    Are you denying that these drugs are toxic?
    You do realize that aspirin is toxic, right? Ibuprofen? Aleve?

    I don't understand why people injest such toxins deliberatly into the body having no other useful purpose.
    You have deemed them useless. Just because you see no merit in the use of hallucinogens/entheogens/psychedelics does not mean that others do not see a useful purpose. I have used psychedelics to fulfill my desire to experience the impossible. It has given me a profoundly more insightful perspective on life, the human condition and love. If that is not useful, then I have no clue what the term "useful" actually means.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #247
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Ah, so you have never put a toxin or anything toxic into your body?
    Not intentionally without some other medically significantly benefit being apparent.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #248
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    There are drugs that you could partake in which would not have hindered your ability to run marathons or compete in triathlons. So, in my opinion, his reason seemed more valid to me. I should not have said it was the only valid reason. That was stupid of me.
    Care to identify them? Ever gone through drug testing through an athletics organization?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #249
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    You do realize that aspirin is toxic, right? Ibuprofen? Aleve?
    And - how often do I take them? ALMOST NEVER and not without a doctor's advice because of the fear of testing positive for banned substances.

    You have deemed them useless. Just because you see no merit in the use of hallucinogens/entheogens/psychedelics does not mean that others do not see a useful purpose. I have used psychedelics to fulfill my desire to experience the impossible. It has given me a profoundly more insightful perspective on life, the human condition and love. If that is not useful, then I have no clue what the term "useful" actually means.
    Didn't say that they were useless. Just expressing my personal disdain for people who feel that they have to have these things in their lives.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #250
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Care to identify them? Ever gone through drug testing through an athletics organization?
    Salvinorin-A and Dimethyltryptamine come to mind.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •