View Poll Results: Why have you decided not to use illegal drugs?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because I hear horror stories about addiction to them

    15 25.86%
  • Because I know people personally who have suffered from addiction.

    17 29.31%
  • Because I am perfectly happy and serene without them (If it ain't broke...)

    31 53.45%
  • Because the consequences of their being illegal make life miserable for addicts

    12 20.69%
  • Simply because they are illegal

    11 18.97%
  • Other (specify in the thread if you would like)

    20 34.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 262

Thread: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

  1. #221
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    We all do it at some point. As long as you do not take it personally we are all good.



    That (to me) is a strange comparison but OK, I can understand and agree with that.



    No need to apologies, just a fun debate is all.
    Cool, thanks. It is an interesting debate.

    But I like to catch myself when I realize I'm wrong.



    Completely different from mine (or the dictionary ) but I get your point.
    True. That's probably the cause of the confucsion. I basically made up a new definition.



    I don't agree only because I think the mental addiction is worse in other ways. So I think we can agree to disagree as that is pretty much subjective.

    Again I will agree to disagree due to the subjective nature of physical vs mental withdrawals.
    True, again this is due to a lack of clarification on my part. We were speaking about two different things in both cases (what a drug is and what is "worse").

    Admittedly, I wasn't really considering the mental effects in my determination of "worse", I was talking about the sheer physical agony, not the mental anguish. It is subjective, and I was making the assumption that you had the same subjective perspective as I do.

    Clearly not the same.

    I believe both have amazingly high relapse rates, but that study you showed in the previous post shows that cocaine has a longer period of the "compulsion" stage and aspect.

    That is pretty compelling evidence for your case.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #222
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Dont we all just agree that crack is worse than cocaine? Thats the important question here, not the chemical and such discussion and technicalities.
    Seeing blackdog's view more clearly now, I think most would agree that smoking or injecting cocaine is worse than snorting it.

    The same is true of Heroin.

    All varients are probably a bad idea, though.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #223
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,694

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Dont we all just agree that crack is worse than cocaine? Thats the important question here, not the chemical and such discussion and technicalities.
    Ahhh...

    No.

  4. #224
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Ahhh...

    No.
    So you think the addicts of cocaine are worse off and that cocaine have a worse effect on society than crack? And you think that people more easily can remain successful if they start using crack instead of cocaine?
    You believe cocaine has a more dramatic negative effect on mind and body than crack? And you think cocaine is more addictive than crack?
    Last edited by Maximus Zeebra; 01-07-09 at 05:05 PM.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #225
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,694

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Seeing blackdog's view more clearly now, I think most would agree that smoking or injecting cocaine is worse than snorting it.

    The same is true of Heroin.

    All varients are probably a bad idea, though.
    Just wanted to throw in a quick BINGO! before anyone else tried to claim it.

  6. #226
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Just wanted to throw in a quick BINGO! before anyone else tried to claim it.
    Now that I'm not making up my own definitions, I am hitting the nail more squarely it seems.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #227
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,694

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    So you think the addicts of cocaine are worse off and that cocaine have a worse effect on society than crack?
    Again I am not talking "snorting" a little cocaine. I am talking smoking as well as injecting. Both contribute to crime etc as badly.

    The difference is smoking crack is easier than shooting it. So it is by a huge margin more prevalent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    And you think that people more easily can remain successful if they start using crack instead of cocaine?
    I would suspect if they are just snorting no. If they are mainlining it, is the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    You believe cocaine has a more dramatic negative effect on mind and body than crack? And you think cocaine is more addictive than crack?
    They are the same drug and effect the mind exactly the same way. The difference is in the "rush" you get initially.

    If you inject cocaine or smoke crack the results are almost identical.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-07-09 at 05:13 PM.

  8. #228
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    09-23-16 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,420
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    People bent on a slow suicide will use harmful drugs. The slow suicide is the part that they evidently disagree with........but their intelligence and self esteem are lacking...

    My reason ?
    Self preservation.

    The cause of the problem ?
    One of many reasons - lousy, unloving parents...

  9. #229
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Do some people take drugs as an escape? Of course, just like some people overeat, play video games, have affairs, or debate online as escapes from their day to day life.
    But to intentionally introduce toxins into your body for an artificial high....
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #230
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Your naivete towards illegal substances is apparent.
    You mean my disdain for intentionally introducing toxins into my body?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •