View Poll Results: Why have you decided not to use illegal drugs?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because I hear horror stories about addiction to them

    15 25.86%
  • Because I know people personally who have suffered from addiction.

    17 29.31%
  • Because I am perfectly happy and serene without them (If it ain't broke...)

    31 53.45%
  • Because the consequences of their being illegal make life miserable for addicts

    12 20.69%
  • Simply because they are illegal

    11 18.97%
  • Other (specify in the thread if you would like)

    20 34.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 262

Thread: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

  1. #201
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,751

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    They have the same affect on the brain, but they are chemically different substances.

    Technically, they are different molecules: cocaine (crack) versus cocaine hydrochloride (powered cocaine.) Frankly, though, the difference is not the core molecule, it is the salt form or lack thereof.

  2. #202
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It refers to the basement. What happens there, stays there.
    You just refered to the "basement", out of the basement.

    That's a point!

  3. #203
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I do not agree at all.
    Whether you agree is immaterial.

    MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Cocaine withdrawal

    "Cocaine withdrawal often has no visible physical symptoms like the vomiting and shaking that accompanies the withdrawal from heroin or alcohol."

    Ironically you yourself use this source for a different purpose, yet you seem to ignore the other evidence it gives. I find that sad, really.




    A member of your family? Well that is unbiased and completely scientific. I stand corrected.
    More than that.







    Cocaine withdrawal symptoms include but are not limited to:

    agitation
    depression
    intense craving for the drug*
    extreme fatigue*
    anxiety
    angry outbursts
    lack of motivation
    nausea/vomiting*
    shaking*
    irritability
    muscle pain*
    disturbed sleep


    Looks like allot of physical symptoms? It also says "not limited to."
    Let me reiterate from that government website,

    "Cocaine withdrawal often has no visible physical symptoms like the vomiting and shaking that accompanies the withdrawal from heroin or alcohol."

    This is common knowledge. you've found one source that claims vomitting occurs, yet I've already posted two that spoke about how there are few physical symptoms for cocaine withdrawal.

    Then your experience is just a tad off.
    Do you have any SCIENTIFIC data to back up your assertion that I'm wrong, or will you continue to repeat it in the hopes that one day it will be true?

    I am not talking about snorting cocaine, I said main lining it. It is almost a duplicate of smoking crack. I know for a fact as I have done all three.
    Bully for you. Why do you assume I haven't?


    Why don't you post some scientific data saying they are chemically different?

    I did. I mentioned Methylecgonidine.

    Why is it they can test for crack and differentiate between it and normal cocaine use?

    If you can't look up your own information, even though I've already pointed the way by naming the chemical difference, I have to assume you are incapable of having an informed opinion.

    But since you are incapable of looking it up on your own, and you want to pretend I'm not being scientific, here's a real sceintific study (the only one sourced by anyone so far, regarding the fact.

    ACS Publications - Cookie absent
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #204
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Technically, they are different molecules: cocaine (crack) versus cocaine hydrochloride (powered cocaine.) Frankly, though, the difference is not the core molecule, it is the salt form or lack thereof.
    Never said it was the core molecule. Thank you for proving me right about teh chemical differences.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #205
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Speaking about "crack", that drug is a drag.

    The high lasts as long as you inhale.

    And you're always chasing the first hit.

    And inevitably, you whind up with nothing to chase.

  6. #206
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    BBC NEWS | Health | Warning over 'third-hand smoke'

    Warning over 'third-hand smoke'


    I just wanted to add that article to the discussion. IN my opinion still, the total social and economic repercussions of both cigarettes and alcohol are far worse than any of the heavier drugs. IT can be discussed in length which drugs are worst "per capita"/individually, but cigarettes and alcohol sure aren't healthy alternative to "illegal drugs.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #207
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,751

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Whether you agree is immaterial.

    MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Cocaine withdrawal

    "Cocaine withdrawal often has no visible physical symptoms like the vomiting and shaking that accompanies the withdrawal from heroin or alcohol."

    Ironically you yourself use this source for a different purpose, yet you seem to ignore the other evidence it gives. I find that sad, really.
    Being a little disingenuous here aren't you? Notice the part in red.

    It says "often" not that it does not. Then you see the list of physical symptoms and then you say it is sad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    More than that.

    Let me reiterate from that government website,

    "Cocaine withdrawal often has no visible physical symptoms like the vomiting and shaking that accompanies the withdrawal from heroin or alcohol."

    This is common knowledge.
    You again seem to be mistaking "often" for never. I said I think they are the same, and they are. They have exactly the same synptoms for some.

    I already stated it is different for different people. You also seem to be ignoring that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    you've found one source that claims vomitting occurs, yet I've already posted two that spoke about how there are few physical symptoms for cocaine withdrawal.
    No you posted two from the same source.

    Symptoms of Cocaine withdrawal - WrongDiagnosis.com

    They also include vomiting and other "physical" symptoms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/c/coca...symptoms.htmDo you have any SCIENTIFIC data to back up your assertion that I'm wrong, or will you continue to repeat it in the hopes that one day it will be true?
    I have already pointed out with the data you are indeed wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Bully for you. Why do you assume I haven't?
    You would have known the difference between the two is only in the way you take it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I did. I mentioned Methylecgonidine

    Why is it they can test for crack and differentiate between it and normal cocaine use?

    If you can't look up your own information, even though I've already pointed the way by naming the chemical difference, I have to assume you are incapable of having an informed opinion.

    But since you are incapable of looking it up on your own, and you want to pretend I'm not being scientific, here's a real sceintific study (the only one sourced by anyone so far, regarding the fact.

    ACS Publications - Cookie absent
    Now you are just ignoring what I said.

    Nice link by the way. "Cookie absent."

    Methylecgonidine is produced during the actual heating process. If you were to crush the rock and snort it, no Methylecgonidine could be found for drug testing. The high would take a hell of a lot longer to hit, but it would.

  8. #208
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,751

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    LEO? What is that? I can mention CEO.. A lot of them use cocaine and still have success. I hardly believe there are any CEOs who use crack. Half of hollywood use cocaine on a regular basis, only Amy Whitehouse use crack, and you see how she ended up. Completely wrecked, and she is not using heroin, she is using crack.
    I am not talking about simple snorting of cocaine. I am talking about injecting it into your bloodstream. Taken that way it is every bit as bad as crack as far as addiction goes.

    Today smoking has replaced mainlining for the most part. Crack is easier and the "high" is about the same. It still goes on though.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-06-09 at 07:45 PM.

  9. #209
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am not talking about simple snorting of cocaine. I am talking about injecting it into your bloodstream. Taken that way it is every bit as bad as crack as far as addiction goes.

    Today smoking has replaced mainlining for the most part. Crack is easier and the "high" is about the same. It still goes on though.
    I thought after marijuana type drugs, cocaine(powder) was the most frequently used drug in the US. Is this untrue?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I thought after marijuana type drugs, cocaine(powder) was the most frequently used drug in the US. Is this untrue?
    According to the United States Dept of Justice's Bureau of Justice Statistics website, it's marijuana, followed by cocaine in all forms, including rock.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •