View Poll Results: Why have you decided not to use illegal drugs?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because I hear horror stories about addiction to them

    15 25.86%
  • Because I know people personally who have suffered from addiction.

    17 29.31%
  • Because I am perfectly happy and serene without them (If it ain't broke...)

    31 53.45%
  • Because the consequences of their being illegal make life miserable for addicts

    12 20.69%
  • Simply because they are illegal

    11 18.97%
  • Other (specify in the thread if you would like)

    20 34.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 262

Thread: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    I have used both. I injected cocaine and smoked crack. The high is EXACTLY the same. They both work EXACTLY the same way. The only real difference is shooting it up hits you much harder initially than smoking. Smoking is way easier with a slightly longer duration of the high.
    Ditto, and I'd have to agree with this. it's very similar.
    My only disagreement is that I think an IV high lasts longer. Not the immediate rush, but the high, which actually does continue for awhile after the rush subsides. A crack high, on the other hand, seems like it's over in seconds.
    Then again, I could be mistaken. After all, hehe, I was high at the time.

    I also have to admit that I was probably biased against crack before I ever even tried it. I thought it was for losers and scumbags, would never have paid money for it, and only smoked it a couple of times when it was offered for free.

  2. #182
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-08-16 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,655

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    You should've been biased against crack and should remain biased against crack.
    From the ashes.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,490

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Umm my life is pretty good. **** it. It's great. Weed doesn't make it better. It's just part of my life. Don't think of it as a hobby. Think of it as something I do that is as normal to me as brushing my teeth and sitting down to eat at 6pm after having worked in my basement all day. I don't smoke weed to get high anymore. I smoke it because it just feels natural to me. I don't even get high anymore like I use to when I was younger.

    It's not a crutch.
    It's not something I depend on to get through the day.
    It's not something that makes me smarter.

    I'll admit I analyze images a lot better while high but only because of the effects the drug has on me where it slows my thinking down. I'm hyperactive even while on weed to the point where I can be multitasking and not even noticing it.

    Weed doesn't help me be creative.
    It doesn't help me come up with better ideas.
    It doesn't help me be social(I can't stand being around people for long anyways).
    It doesn't help me be friendly to my neighbors.
    It doesn't help me deal with my problems.

    But I do it anyways. Why? Because it feels good. You silly people analyze drugs like they're some complicated ****. There are millions of Americans who pop aspirins all day to feel better and can't go a single day without doing it. Why aren't aspirins called a crutch? The demonizing of drugs like marijuana needs to stop. It's just stupid after a while and shows the hypocrisy of anti-drug culture.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 01-06-09 at 02:32 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #184
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I have used both. I injected cocaine and smoked crack. The high is EXACTLY the same. They both work EXACTLY the same way. The only real difference is shooting it up hits you much harder initially than smoking. Smoking is way easier with a slightly longer duration of the high.

    I have also took cocaine and made it into crack. The only thing you mix into the cocaine is a little baking soda.

    They are the same drug made into a different form for use.

    PS The only reason people think they are different is because of people who snort the crap. Yes in that case it hits you much slower and lasts a hell of a long time. It is still the same damn drug.

    Doesnt explain the fact that crack is more addictive and much more damaging on the individuals whom use it.. Its a much more severe form of using the drug then...

    Ever seen the difference between a crack bitch and a cocaine snorting woman?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #185
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,490

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Ever seen the difference between a crack bitch and a cocaine snorting woman?
    Actually there is quite a difference. Mainly social. Cocaine is distributed to people with money. It's not an overly expensive drug but good coke is a lot more expensive then the coke your local suburban teenager gets for a party. Crack cocaine is strictly an inner city drug. From what I've seen people who snort good coke have jobs and can keep themselves together even while using(Obama, Williams, Elton John - find somebody famous or important who's done coke and they're probably still famous and still important). Meanwhile crack is distributed in ghettos. To poor people. Who most of the time don't have jobs and are broke as ****. But then again I could be one of the few people who's noticed that there is indeed a difference between the drugs people use and how they use them.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #186
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Umm my life is pretty good. **** it. It's great. Weed doesn't make it better. It's just part of my life. Don't think of it as a hobby. Think of it as something I do that is as normal to me as brushing my teeth and sitting down to eat at 6pm after having worked in my basement all day. I don't smoke weed to get high anymore. I smoke it because it just feels natural to me. I don't even get high anymore like I use to when I was younger.

    It's not a crutch.
    It's not something I depend on to get through the day.
    It's not something that makes me smarter.

    I'll admit I analyze images a lot better while high but only because of the effects the drug has on me where it slows my thinking down. I'm hyperactive even while on weed to the point where I can be multitasking and not even noticing it.

    Weed doesn't help me be creative.
    It doesn't help me come up with better ideas.
    It doesn't help me be social(I can't stand being around people for long anyways).
    It doesn't help me be friendly to my neighbors.
    It doesn't help me deal with my problems.

    But I do it anyways. Why? Because it feels good. You silly people analyze drugs like they're some complicated ****. There are millions of Americans who pop aspirins all day to feel better and can't go a single day without doing it. Why aren't aspirins called a crutch? The demonizing of drugs like marijuana needs to stop. It's just stupid after a while and shows the hypocrisy of anti-drug culture.


    in one set you claim its not a crutch, in the next little list you explain how it is....


    Too bad there is a vegas rule here, otherwise I'd show your contradictory statments.




    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  7. #187
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Actually there is quite a difference. Mainly social. Cocaine is distributed to people with money. It's not an overly expensive drug but good coke is a lot more expensive then the coke your local suburban teenager gets for a party. Crack cocaine is strictly an inner city drug. From what I've seen people who snort good coke have jobs and can keep themselves together even while using(Obama, Williams, Elton John - find somebody famous or important who's done coke and they're probably still famous and still important). Meanwhile crack is distributed in ghettos. To poor people. Who most of the time don't have jobs and are broke as ****. But then again I could be one of the few people who's noticed that there is indeed a difference between the drugs people use and how they use them.
    I would say the difference between cocaine and crack is about equal to the difference between cocaine leaves and cocaine powder.

    Dont users of crack also use more frequently and get more addicted?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    You should've been biased against crack and should remain biased against crack.
    I was, and I did.
    Did you somehow not get that I've never been fond of it?

  9. #189
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,704

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I would say the difference between cocaine and crack is about equal to the difference between cocaine leaves and cocaine powder.
    And you would be, and still are wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Dont users of crack also use more frequently and get more addicted?
    Yes they do because it is much easier to get. Has nothing to do with the effects of the drug.

  10. #190
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,704

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Doesnt explain the fact that crack is more addictive and much more damaging on the individuals whom use it.. Its a much more severe form of using the drug then...
    Completely wrong.

    What part about "easier to get" are you having a problem with?

    In any form after turned into a powder it has EXACTLY the same chemical reaction on the brain, period.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Ever seen the difference between a crack bitch and a cocaine snorting woman?
    What difference? I was an LEO and have arrested both. No difference.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •