View Poll Results: Why have you decided not to use illegal drugs?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because I hear horror stories about addiction to them

    15 25.86%
  • Because I know people personally who have suffered from addiction.

    17 29.31%
  • Because I am perfectly happy and serene without them (If it ain't broke...)

    31 53.45%
  • Because the consequences of their being illegal make life miserable for addicts

    12 20.69%
  • Simply because they are illegal

    11 18.97%
  • Other (specify in the thread if you would like)

    20 34.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 262

Thread: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

  1. #91
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Ah! I thought we were grouping all illegal substances under the umbrella of "illegal drugs".

    I have chosen not to do drugs that have major debilitating effects on the body. I am a fan of natural substances(Marijuana, Psilocybin, DMT, Salvia, etc.) that have little to no side effects.
    Sure, thats what YOU say about yourself

    All those drugs have side effects, but not as severe as for example heroin.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #92
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    04-04-14 @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,233

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I do not believe I said anything to the contrary. Shamans used most psychedelics for religious ceremonies and healing practices. They also used them to chart the Spirit World.
    Shamans are only a small part of mysticism. I was just reminding you that dumping a few shrooms is a very limited and unstable way to really explore oneself and "the spirit world". As a pagan/mystic myself I believe one can do all that better without drugs.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  3. #93
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Last edited by RightinNYC; 01-04-09 at 07:06 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs


    Yes, the government has been using conditions of employment to enforce laws in ways that it wouldn't normally be able to, but would like to. I can't believe I didn't put the option in the poll along the lines of "Because my employer does drug testing, or I anticipate needing to pass a drug test for other reasons"

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    I think that you responded to the wrong post.
    How do you figure?

  6. #96
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    All those drugs have side effects, but not as severe as for example heroin.
    Hence, the reason I said "little to no side effects." Also, side effects are not always negative.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #97
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Shamans are only a small part of mysticism. I was just reminding you that dumping a few shrooms is a very limited and unstable way to really explore oneself and "the spirit world". As a pagan/mystic myself I believe one can do all that better without drugs.
    I would agree with you. I do, however, believe that intentions play a large role in this endeavor. You must have a desire for enlightenment and comprehension of the abstract and the impossible. I simply see psychedelics as a tool.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #98
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Hence, the reason I said "little to no side effects." Also, side effects are not always negative.
    True, very true, for once you are right, my fault, for once I am wrong
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #99
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Earlier you stated:


    Alcohol has the same effects/problems.
    Many (myself included) would say on points;
    -impairment of judgment and
    -addictive
    that alcohol is to a greater degree than weed.
    So we natural make the assumption that since you would not approve of other drugs for this reason you would also support an alcohol ban.
    My list of effects was by no means comprehensive, look around for some more details.

    Here's a good place to start.

  10. #100
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: What Are Our Reasons That We Choose Not To Use Illegal Drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    My list of effects was by no means comprehensive, look around for some more details.

    Here's a good place to start.
    Okay... Again, you can find lists of worse adverse side effects than that for legal substances.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •