View Poll Results: Is Israel still seeking for peace ? Read the post below :

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    54 46.15%
  • Yes

    63 53.85%
Page 99 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1378

Thread: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for peace ?

  1. #981
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-09 @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    I was going to make a quick note to the order of the definition of genocide. Torin defined the term and in relation to his definition he is correct mostly. The term was coined in the fifties and though there exists an official definition, posited by the UN, it is hardly satisfactory. For one, it excludes the possibility for discrimination against political alignment... The point of all of this is that definitions are flexible, not concrete, and Torin did provide a definition for the term that is acceptable within the context of the discussion. I don't see any reason to attack him for that...he didn't call an apple a goat or anything.

    As for the topic, Israel is in the wrong. I can elaborate later but I gotta cop out for the moment.

  2. #982
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by Torin View Post
    If you don't consider it genocide, or if you're incapable of using the word genocide, then conceed to mass killings in the occcupied territories, then you don't know what's occuring over there. End of story.


    You know that I quoted you word for word, right? I don't think it is really possible to misinterpret, "firstly, genocide doesn't exist," because that sentence in any possible context still means the same thing.


    Actually, that last sentence there proves you're the one who doesn't understand the situation -- you don't even consider the reasons of the conflict relevant. And you're saying an entire people is illogical? How likely is that? They're just people. It, again, sounds like you've got no idea what you're talking about. You don't, to go back to the earlier metaphore, poke a bear without provication. These people were provoked.


    You started it, actually. Though, I have a feeling you skipped over the part of my last post where I actually pointed that out. And I suppose I'll send a PM or two out, and see if the other mods agree with you. Who knows? Maybe this place is insular enough for them to defend you. I'm new enough here to be unsure. In any case, I'm happy to stop insults if you are -- warning aside.
    do you realize that there are almost 1000 replies in this thread alone about this topic
    it would serve you well to read it, before jumping in, ignorant and uninformed, and make assumptions about people you have no knowledge of
    all of which diminishes you and your opinion

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  3. #983
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    01-30-09 @ 10:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    28

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    do you realize that there are almost 1000 replies in this thread alone about this topic
    it would serve you well to read it, before jumping in, ignorant and uninformed, and make assumptions about people you have no knowledge of
    all of which diminishes you and your opinion
    Uh, no. I've made comments that were specifically in regard to others which I've specified. Maybe you can point out an assumption I've made about one of the other posters which wasn't related to a comment that person made?Otherwise your post is a little unsubstaniated.

    Or did you mean something else?

  4. #984
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by Torin View Post
    Uh, no. I've made comments that were specifically in regard to others which I've specified. Maybe you can point out an assumption I've made about one of the other posters which wasn't related to a comment that person made?Otherwise your post is a little unsubstaniated.

    Or did you mean something else?
    here you go darling
    this one jumps out

    Quote Originally Posted by Torin View Post
    You're ignorant on the topic aside from the snippets you gather from reliable sources like Bill O'Reilly and Rush.
    you have a few posts on this board but you got everybody figured out?
    are you a sockpuppet?

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  5. #985
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    01-30-09 @ 10:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    28

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    It was a jab, not an assumption. This might surprise you, but in reality I could care less what sources he gets his information from; I still disgree with him. Do you have a point, here, or are you just playing blocker/red herring? I don't feel like going back and forth with someone who's just trolling.

    Also, I'd like to ask you to not call me darling. One, you don't know me, and two, you've not earned the right to be condescending with me. Maybe if you actually weigh in on the topic, that might change, but this kind of irrelevant tripe does nothing for you... At least Courtesy's posts have relevant substance to them.

  6. #986
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by Torin View Post
    It was a jab, not an assumption. This might surprise you, but in reality I could care less what sources he gets his information from; I still disgree with him. Do you have a point, here, or are you just playing blocker/red herring? I don't feel like going back and forth with someone who's just trolling.

    Also, I'd like to ask you to not call me darling. One, you don't know me, and two, you've not earned the right to be condescending with me. Maybe if you actually weigh in on the topic, that might change, but this kind of irrelevant tripe does nothing for you... At least Courtesy's posts have relevant substance to them.
    sorry about that darling

    I guess i would probably stop calling you darling if you actually posted anything reasonably close to facts
    so far you are 0/14

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  7. #987
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    01-30-09 @ 10:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    28

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    sorry about that darling

    I guess i would probably stop calling you darling if you actually posted anything reasonably close to facts
    so far you are 0/14
    Haha. I guess I've found my first true troll on this site. Kind of a pathetic one, too. Have a good day, kid. I'm off to do things in the real world.

  8. #988
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    You know what EgoffTib? I’ve sat back and watched you try to trot out your naive moral equivalency arguments throughout this and many threads related to religion. In particular Christian religion. You of course have a great many issues with Christianity.

    Mainly because so few Christians are Christ-like.

    Unless you would like to claim otherwise? You know me, I just “dream up” these whacky ideas of mine! So far off base am I! You are of course the high minded type who tried to “joke” that Christians were baptized in the urine of Christ. All in good humor naturally.
    My sense of humor is a bit warped, I am sorry that you let other people's words affect you so deeply.

    Since the scum hide amongst civilians, by design to highlight civilian deaths, your point is what?
    That it is quite unfortunate that innocent people have to die. Fairly easy to grasp.

    By all means do explain how either Islam or Christianity “teaches just as much violence” as the other. Simply put it is down to you to explain away the basic “teaching” as you say, that ALL who will not convert must fall to the sword. We/I shall await your learned theological understanding of this basic “teaching of violence” you lecture about.
    The vast majority of world religions condone violence in their holy book.

    WOW, please tell me you honestly and truly meant that this equates killing all who will not convert to Christinaity! Great grasp of the topic there Egoff.So you need a basic tutorial about the life in the here and now versus the hereafter?

    Walleye asked me to show him violence being condoned in the Bible. I did just that. Do keep creating strawman to strike down, though; It's quite fun to watch.

    You mean damned, in the afterlife? Where the virgins await those who put to the sword the infidels?
    Again, more violent intimidation from the Bible.

    Chuckle. Way to post a relevant quote McFly!

    Yes, quite relevant in that it condones violence.

    Apparently you forgot you “needed a good challenge” here and so you just kept on plowing ahead on the same path, despite your earlier claims.
    I do need a good challenge, thus my confusion as to why you bothered to respond to my post.

    Last edited by First Thought; 01-21-09 at 02:47 PM.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #989
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Of course so few Christians are Christ-like and that includes you.

    God does not condone violence. There is violence in the bible, but condoning violence for the sake of violence is never condoned. There are no instances in the bible of Christianity using violence to condone the furtherence of Christianity. That is what you have not shown and you can't because there is none.

    There are instances of condoning violence to further Islam and a muslim right on this site has condoned the use of violence to further Islam. Why don't you find a Christian on this site who believes in violence to further the cause of Christianity. Go for it.
    Last edited by walleye; 01-21-09 at 05:17 PM.

  10. #990
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Mainly because so few Christians are Christ-like.
    Is it possible you truly don’t grasp the absurdity of that rationalization?
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    My sense of humor is a bit warped, I am sorry that you let other people's words affect you so deeply.
    Deeply affected, and let me guess, you really meant that to have some snap. Chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    That it is quite unfortunate that innocent people have to die. Fairly easy to grasp.
    The second Hamas stops hiding amongst civilians more innocents will live. Utterly easy to grasp as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    The vast majority of world religions condone violence in their holy book.

    Your claim was that Christianity “teaches just as much violence” as Islam, if you want to add the vast majority of the world religion “condone” violence, have at it. Tell me, do you honestly think those two comments are not the very definition of puerile?
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Walleye asked me to show him violence being condoned in the Bible. I did just that. Do keep creating strawman to strike down, though; It's quite fun to watch.
    Ah the moral equivalence equivocation strawman. If every time I’ve had an argument with you, you did not trot out that by now thread bare and tired strawman fient of yours, I’d probably think you are a lot more creative than I currently do. So you were saying something about strawmen? Because I don’t think you really understand what the term means.

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Again, more violent intimidation from the Bible.

    The bible intimidates as well as teaches and condones violence. Man that word puerile is coming to mind again for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Yes, quite relevant in that it condones violence.

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I do need a good challenge, thus my confusion as to why you bothered to respond to my post.
    Well don’t let the tricky English via the medium of rich HTML text work you over to hard over there in your confusion corner.


    When it comes to the subject of Christianity you pretty much just claim whatever you want. If it makes any sense or lacks a very mature or informed view be damned! For example claiming that as a “Texan” you can assure posters here that “fundies” as you like to call them, are 75% of the Christians you meet. The only thing more silly than that claim and others you have made, is that you stick to them and try to defend them. Long past the point when it would be more sensible to just admit the obvious.

    In short your oh so deep issues with Christianity leave you defending ridiculous and puerile claims and comments, on a regular basis. Hence the “perception” lesson jallman gave you. Hence the reason your perception left you goading and baiting Christians at this website with your urine baptism “humor” and hence the reason someone in a position of authority had to admonish you on the matter. Because to you there was nothing wrong with it, just like to you there is nothing wrong with all of the above.

    jallman hit the nail on the head when he commented about your perception of things versus how they really are. I swear it has been a while since I've seen someone so eager to label, stereotype and generalize as you do when you try to take on others for supposedly stereotyping, generalizing and labeling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •